Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] Legend of the Planewalkers [FULL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:23 am
Vorastrix
well, I've played a Shifter before, but that was a Razorclaw...not a Longtooth, and i don't typically go for the brawny character...lesse if my class goes with my race

Quote:
1 = Cleric
2 = Fighter
3 = Paladin
4 = Ranger
5 = Rogue
6 = Warlock
7 = Warlord
8 = Wizard
9 = Avenger
10 = Barbarian
11 = Bard
12 = Druid
13 = Invoker
14 = Shaman
15 = Sorcerer
16 = Warden
17 = Ardent
18 = Battlemind
19 = Monk
20 = Psion
21 = Runepriest
22 = Seeker
23 = Swordmage

well, i've never played a Warlord, should be interesting...i'll be working on that right away...after my nap

i appears that someone has already called heals, so i'll re-roll, so as not to step on any toes....and to be honest i don't really wanna do warlord.  
Vorastrix generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 14!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:32 am
well, i got rid of all the healers....but i left in Paladin because although he can heal, he's listed a defender

Quote:
1 = Fighter
2 = Paladin
3 = Ranger
4 = Rogue
5 = Warlock
6 = Wizard
7 = Avenger
8 = Barbarian
9 = Druid
10 = Invoker
11 = Sorcerer
12 = Warden
13 = Ardent
14 = Battlemind
15 = Monk
16 = Psion
17 = Seeker
18 = Swordmage

well, there's a defender, and a psionic...sounds fun...time for my nap.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:34 am
Rain Yupa

If you mean mine, it's because I'm waiting for Mackie to post, I believe. Everyone else has. Since he's the one who talked to the aide, I figure his response was kind if important.

If you don't mean my game, then disregard!

Do you mean this post I made on Thursday?
Mackie the Knife
Quinn shook the man's hand, being careful not to squeeze too hard, and said, "I am Quinn. My companions and I are indeed here to answer your request." He glanced back at where the crowd had been, and at the sign Verna was still holding, "It appears that your public doesn't agree with you, however. Why is that?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:29 am
i have two characters in mind i'd like to whip out for this, the choice will depend on whether arc will let me bend the rules a wee bit.

case in question: dynamic weapon has the following power
Quote:
Power (Encounter • Polymorph): Minor Action. Change the weapon into a different weapon from any melee category (simple, military, or superior). This effect lasts until the end of the encounter, or until you end it as a minor action.
could I maintain the alternate form by constantly expending the encounter power, without having to turn it back to its normal form every five minutes?  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:34 am
SporkMaster5000
i have two characters in mind i'd like to whip out for this, the choice will depend on whether arc will let me bend the rules a wee bit.

Quote:
Power (Encounter • Polymorph): Minor Action. Change the weapon into a different weapon from any melee category (simple, military, or superior). This effect lasts until the end of the encounter, or until you end it as a minor action.
could I maintain the alternate form by constantly expending the encounter power, without having to turn it back to its normal form every five minutes?

You've gotta sell me on your vision here, what's the big idea?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:46 am
are there any rules on mounts?  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:51 am
Mari Vann, Human Cleric

Healer....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:53 am
Snuff that Muffin

the deluxe mount rules are in Adventurer's Vault, but some mounts give you special benefits if you take the Mounted Combat  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:55 am
Arc Vembris
Snuff that Muffin

the deluxe mount rules are in Adventurer's Vault, but some mounts give you special benefits if you take the Mounted Combat

lol, no, i mean here, like can we start with any mount and that stuff XD
and base character is up.
Writing her background and stuff now  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:06 pm
Arc Vembris
SporkMaster5000

Quote:

You've gotta sell me on your vision here, what's the big idea?
resourceful changeling warlord with every social skill, canny leader, and imposter's chainmail/dynamic weapon combo to make for the perfect disguise in every situation.

the idea for the character was that he took the usual changeling philosophy on personal interaction of "lies and subterfuge, all the time" and realized the same philosophy was at the heart of warfare, so he took his natural capability in social situations and added to it a capability in combat to become one grand walking lie waiting to happen.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:22 pm
@Muffin, mounts can be purchased along with your other gear. Gimme your mount budget and I can see what kind of ride you can afford.

@Spork, I'll allow your weapon bending, you'll still have to rest to recharge it if you revert it in combat, and you won't be able to shift it from alt form a to alt form b without a rest. The character sounds like a blast, have you checked out summoned armor as well?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:36 pm
I always preferred summon armour, it just seems cooler. >.< though impostors armour probably suits the concept more.  

joe-dude667

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:37 pm
Arc Vembris
@Muffin, mounts can be purchased along with your other gear. Gimme your mount budget and I can see what kind of ride you can afford.

@Spork, I'll allow your weapon bending, you'll still have to rest to recharge it if you revert it in combat, and you won't be able to shift it from alt form a to alt form b without a rest. The character sounds like a blast, have you checked out summoned armor as well?

I bought a riding horse for 75, but i'm willing to trade it out...
I have 4k left, willing to spend 2k-3k

or i could just save up for a boat XD  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Snuff that Muffin
Arc Vembris

I bought a riding horse for 75, but i'm willing to trade it out...
I have 4k left, willing to spend 2k-3k

or i could just save up for a boat XD

right, because who needs a horse when you've got a boat? How do you feel about a Rage Drake, or a Rhinocerous, each for 2600?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas