Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Crazy Dungeons and Dragons Sessions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Autumn Object Head

Astral Goat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:25 pm
TIme to hone my crap drawing skills....  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:18 pm
Hehe. Oh DnD, you can have some fun times. Such as fighting some large 6 armed abomination from the plane of fire... while on two ships on the ocean. One of which had a cannon till your halfling warlock used a Brimstone Blast in the middle of them loading it... well, let you imagine the results.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:22 am
heightened AOE heat metal + small army of animated suits of armor. After deliberation, just because the metals melts doesn't mean the animation spell fails. So my party ended up being chased down a hallway by a giant flood of molten metal.

Or the ten headed hydra, who in one full attack option got seven criticals and tore the minotaur into component pieces, swallowed the sorcerer's cat, and ate half of the rogue in one go.

Or perhaps the otyugh meat incident. None shall ever speak of that again. Unless you really, really want to know.

Last but not least, using a bedroll as a quick escape plan always works in a pinch. Or a punch. Or a swing of a spiked chain. It really doesn't matter.

I've got a whole crapton of things like this biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 am
I once got a 1 on a roll to save an orphan from falling through the floor in a burning building and he got crushed by rubble and was slowly burned alive. sad  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 pm
If you guys want a story in the stupidity of Players, then I ought to tell you the Cupcake Chronicles. A stupid troll of a player if there ever was one.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:23 pm
Oral, you now have a duty to extend upon these.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:51 pm
once one of my players opened a portal to the plane of fire right under the BBEG. ended the fight in one round,  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:08 pm
I'll just refer to the post I made in the 'What kind of campaign do you enjoy the most?' thread...

Yurro
@Eternality_Cannon: That sounds really interesting.

Personally the most 'all the above' game I ever Dm'ed fell flat because of life getting in my way more then the players. I made a post about it somewhere on Gaia once before...

Ah! Here it is... [a thread about 'Favorite in-game places played']
Quote:
My all time favorite place I've played?

Well I didn't get to play it, but I got to watch my players play a very, VERY special dungeon I constructed for a lvl 20 gestalt game.

Lets put it this way... Take a look at this image. Did that? Now take a look at the small blue star-like thing flying around? That was an airship the players rode on. The 'Dungeon' in question? That huge machine of destruction that star is flying towards.

That's right, a dungeon inside the final boss. To make things better, they were being timed trying to stop the boss vs the boss stopping the world by destroying it. I had to do alot of anatomy studying for that one...

Basic premise was that the 'Boss Dungeon' had Artifacts for Organs, and they had to reach said Organs and remove them [much like batteries from a toy] to cancel out some of his abilities. Anyone that knew anatomy for dragons in character basically were going to have to act like guides for everyone else in the game. Then they had to try and decide which part to go after, and what order all the while the Boss was wrecking havoc on the Planet. [Material Plane in my games include Space, multiple planets, galaxies, etc.] All in all would of been a nice way to introduce Epic to the characters.

Examples of Organs:
-The Heart artifact was for its Breath Weapon/Divine Punishment-style ability that not only dealt a mixture of elements and divine damage, but had a 'Anti-magic field' effect on anyone that takes damage from it.
-The Brain artifact was in fact the 'control room' that a person could control the Boss if they successfully beat its Personality check. The baddie they thought was the Boss lost and was taken over by the Real Boss so that it could effectively control all its powers to destroy the world.

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers