Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
3:16 - Carnage Amongst the Stars (Game Mechanics/OOC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Intellectual Sage

5,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:28 pm
I'm interested for sure, but I'll be right back on Wednesday/Thursday biggrin I'm working on a few novels at the moment and I'm hitting crunch time, so expect to see me soon biggrin !  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 pm
After reading the review I would definitely like to play.  

Erisel

Fashionable Warlord

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:31 pm
And that's cap!

Mongooseh, Arc Vembris, Michael Bladebreaker, Meditatus Sanctum Mien, buzzxf! I need all of you to do me a favor. This is the first step of character creation.

You have two ability scores: Fighting Ability (FA), and Non-Fighting Ability (NFA). You have 10 points. Divvy it up between both scores, but the maximum you can ever have in a score is 10, and the minimum is 2.

Please, PM me with your selection. I'll type up a character sheet from there. What options are available thereafter will be determined by the scores.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:20 am
*Cough cough* fancy doing a second company for us backups? wink  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:08 am
I'm still leaving 'Recruiting' up in case anyone wants to join. I sent a LOT of PMs out to newer people on the guild, so some of them might still bite.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:43 am
Here's the character sheet template. Please do not post actual character sheets until I say so (2 more PMs to get).

[b]NAME[/b]:
[b]REPUTATION[/b]:
[b]RANK[/b]:
[b]UNIT[/b]:

[b][u]ABILITY SCORES[/u][/b]
[b]FIGHTING ABILITY[/b]:
[b]NON-FIGHTING ABILITY[/b]:

[b][u]KILLS[/u][/b]
[b]KILLS THIS MISSION[/b]:
[b]TOTAL KILLS[/b]:

[b][u]HEALTH[/u][/b]
[b]"A Mess"[/b] [_]
[b]"Crippled"[/b] [_]
[b]"Dead"[/b] [_]
-----
[b]"Mandelbrite Armor"[/b] [_] (1/planet)
[b]"Combat Drugs"[/b] [_] (1/planet)

[b][u]WEAPONS[/u][/b]
[u]Weapon[/u] | [u]Close[/u] | [u]Near[/u] | [u]Far[/u]
[b]Hand-to-Hand[/b]: [u]__1__[/u] (Close Range Only)

[b][u]FLASHBACKS[/u][/b]
[u]STRENGTHS[/u]
[list][*] [_]
[*] [_] [i]-unavailable-[/i]
[*] [_] [i]-unavailable-[/i][/list]

[u]WEAKNESSES[/u]
[list][*] [_]
[*] [_] [i]-unavailable & reserved-[/i][/list]

[b][u]KITS, MEDALS, and NOTES[/u][/b]

======================

Name - All we need is a single name for your character. Some examples given are "Hotchkiss", "Frinks", and "Dog". If you are unsure of a name, do a Random Number Generator from 1-40 and I'll pick one for you out of the book.

Reputation - A short phrase or word that describes what sort of a human (or not) that you are. It should be pointed and encapsulate the mood and feel of your character. Make it vivid and fit the theme.

Once I have everyone's stats, I will go into the next step of character creation beyond this. Mostly, choosing equipment (a very limited list).

After that will be an explanation of the core mechanics you need to know before game starts. More mechanics will come up later - no sense throwing everything at you all at once!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:51 am
Raganui Minamoto

SporkMaster5000

NayrVentess

You three may PM me stats as well. The game is still run-able with 3.

In an effort to expedite the first group, let me try to summon PMs from the other two as well (though Mien probably won't until tomorrow anyways).

Michael Bladebreaker

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:06 am
Sadly this seems like a mindless slaughter by some immoral posh snobs. There is no good in what is being done, and this society is not a truly ideal one, only a petty attempt at an Utopian society, with the illusion of peace and prosperity, at the harm of all other peoples not on Terra, whether human or alien. I'd rather stay out of this game if I'm forced to remain a loyal fanatic to the tyrant council of Terra. However, if there are other human forces, I'd gladly play.  

Vinchenzo The Jackal

Chatty Werewolf

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:19 am
Vinchenzo The Jackal
Sadly this seems like a mindless slaughter by some immoral posh snobs. There is no good in what is being done, and this society is not a truly ideal one, only a petty attempt at an Utopian society, with the illusion of peace and prosperity, at the harm of all other peoples not on Terra, whether human or alien. I'd rather stay out of this game if I'm forced to remain a loyal fanatic to the tyrant council of Terra. However, if there are other human forces, I'd gladly play.

Why so serious?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:21 am
Mongooseh
Vinchenzo The Jackal

Why so serious?

Sorry, I just gave an opinion. Seems your being way to serious by hating on opinions. Anyways, can anyone play as other factions and whatnot in this game?  

Vinchenzo The Jackal

Chatty Werewolf

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:23 am
The whole point of the game is it is not to be taken seriously. You seem to bring a lot of personal problems to the setting.

Edit: You know the whole speech of saying 'terra is superbad' could of been left out.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:49 am
Mongooseh
The whole point of the game is it is not to be taken seriously. You seem to bring a lot of personal problems to the setting.

Edit: You know the whole speech of saying 'terra is superbad' could of been left out.

What he said about not being taken seriously. If you ever saw the book, you'd understand. Here's one set of quotes:

"I've lost feet, fingers, ribs, friends, enemies, Sergeants, Corporals, sanity and enough blood to fill a swimming pool back home twice over. So don't tell me about losses, Lieutenant. Don't." - Trooper Dog.

"Corporal, I believe your squad is the one with 'Trooper Dog' in it. He insulted me this morning when I asked him to search for my lost pet pig. He is an insolent upstart and a psychopath if his medical records are to be believed. Put him on Point Duty and see if you can lose him in some hellhole somewhere." - Lieutenant Frinks.

"Good job, Dog. This food is ********' A. I love the taste of bacon in the morning." - Corporal Torres.

-----------

Here's a quick story from the book too:

The Lieutenant brewed up something rotten. His lid just blew off, like a kettle on the boil. Thought I saw his skull glow inside-out as it vapourized into a blackening cloud of plasma and soot.

The worst thing was his PowerClaw still twitched a bit afterwards, as if he were still trying to give orders, or something. He was fine from the waist down but the top half was a ******** nightmare.

Twisted metal and popping flesh bubbled over the top and the upper half of the Lieutenant was in two clumps a little bit away smouldering wildly and the steaming mess rimmed in charred streaks and bubbles.

It was only then after taking in that gruesome scene that I was able to complete my message from the Sergeant, "... incoming, Sir. Sarge says it could get a bit messy."

I didn't know whether to salute or not, but I did so anyway. ******** disaster.

-Diary of Trooper Grant, "Planet Picasso" entry.

If that gives you any sort of impression of how the game should feel.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:52 am
Vinchenzo The Jackal
Sadly this seems like a mindless slaughter by some immoral posh snobs. There is no good in what is being done, and this society is not a truly ideal one, only a petty attempt at an Utopian society, with the illusion of peace and prosperity, at the harm of all other peoples not on Terra, whether human or alien.

That pretty much sums up the setting pretty good, actually! biggrin

Vinchenzo The Jackal
I'd rather stay out of this game if I'm forced to remain a loyal fanatic to the tyrant council of Terra. However, if there are other human forces, I'd gladly play.

You are, and there's not.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: Actually, there ARE, but the point of this game is that you AREN'T them. You're a soldier of the 3:16th unit, and if you don't like it, then you can clean the airlocks and pray there's no malfunction in the air compression regulator, trooper!

*slips Mongooseh 20 credits* Make it happen.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:01 am
"What malfunction in the air compressor? Our equipment is top notch!" States Mongooseh as he proudly stands next to the airlock shoving Vinchenzo in.

He then shoots the controls with his pistol, "Oh Emperor! The controls seem to be malfunctioning Admiral Yupa! There is nothing that can be done now!"  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:28 pm
so, is it just me or is this game supposed to reminiscent of/based on/a parody of WH40k?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff