Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Powers and You Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NeophantomX

Devoted Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:35 pm
But mr manhattan from watchmen was allmost a god with that power of matter manipulation. would you give any limits to prevent that level of godliness in an rp?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:56 pm
Speaking from the POV of an RP maker and not an RP-er, usually good powers or powers that are naturally strong are for the plot and not much else. That means that if need-be, a person will be as strong as the need to be for the plot.

Speaking from the POV of a regular rp-er, I'd limit the power. Definently. Matter Manipulation is a pretty strong power to start with. Little to no training and you're a godmodding beast without knowing it.  

Mahareshi

Arattap

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:39 pm
So where do ya'll think the "power source" for these powers come from? Would it make more sense to link it to a mana source.. or just mental power source? I would imagine creating things out of your mind should wear your brain out after awhile...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:06 pm
In my first rp, I had the power source be another dimension. In all my others, it's not really a source per se. It's activated by a thought or by adrenaline. Only usually in mythic, old, and medieval rps are the source of a power mana or aura. In more modern ones, powers originate from genes, from an organ (usually the adrenal glands), or from the mind (sometimes by physical reflex or thought).  

Mahareshi

Miss Christopher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:26 am
YO! Can I get some help, for my first rp? I'm basing it on the color's of Chakra.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:03 am
I'm going to need more info. I never heard of Chakra colors.  

Mahareshi

Miss Christopher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:16 am
hm let's see, well how about Chakra as in Element's. Red Chakra - Fire, Blue Chakra - Water, White Chakra - Wind, Brown Chakra - Earth, Gold Chakra - Light, Dark Chakra - Dark. Did that lessen the info for ya?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:26 am
Can you tell me all there is to know about power augmentation?  

2nd Aguon

Andy _1134

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:39 am
Power augmentation is the ability to manifest ones Aura, Chakra, Chi or energy in general, this can be used in a wide verity of ways, such as increased movement, strength, reflexes, anything that you can normally do you can augment, becoming a stronger warrior in the process. Its kinda like over drive. It can also be used in special attacks such as using a fire blast, and other abilities.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:10 am
If were talking about using a item to draw out someones potential then yes, Other then that. You can find it here. :3 Augment or Augmentation is two things that are similar but depending on what 'thing' you are coming up with.

As I based one of my rp's on Project Augmentation, was tools of destruction. Weapons that have insert's. Putting a gem or crystal in would power up the weapon with various powers or abilities. Like a wind Gem, if placed in a weapon, like a sword, the sword is able to send Wind attacks or enhance the wielder to levitate or fly. xD okay that's enough for me, I'm no good at giving information. :3 except role playing tips.  

Arcos Magna

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:30 pm
Miss C, you watch alot of Naruto don't you? If you want to base your rp off of that, you might want to make separate teams that are based on certain groups of chakra. Putting them all in one place could work, but that's more work on you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:13 pm
What are characteristics of "gravity manipulation"? The only time I've ever seen "gravity" used was in Final Fantasy and claiming that "a great dark ball engulfed the enemy"....well...that lacks obviously needed description (: like....what happens inside that ball...I've always wondered. haha.  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:23 pm
It's pretty powerful actually. You give something gravity, take it away, make something denser, less dense, pull something apart....sorry, I'm completely tired right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:45 am
Yeah, razz I gave up on that idea after Arcos told me anything that has to do with Naruto stays in Naruto. razz so I worked on an RP that bases on the symbols and their meaning. Like Totem, Yin Yang, Dream Catcher etc. Each Symbol has his/her own power or ability that each character can use and represent. Plus I put the Lost Ark in terms a device that was used to end wars. But of course finding a pic for it. razz other then that use Photoshop CSS.  

Miss Christopher

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:25 pm
So your rp was based on Naruto or was it like Naruto?  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff