Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4E] Tomb of Horrors: Game start! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:22 am
((Unless you clear the web out, you don't have a precise size for length- as far as what you'd be able to tell, it could be anywhere from 20 to 200 feet. Width-wise, however, it's about 20 feet wide. Height wise, it's about 6 feet tall. ))  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:01 am
"Don' worry, cloudheads. Ol' Jomjom has just the spell for this." he would announce, stepping forward.

Amidst casting Burning Spray to clear out the webbing, he suddenly stops.

"Wwaaaaiiiitaminute. This is the Tomb. The Tomb. Burning the webs away will just cause us problems down the road."

He looked thoughtful for a few seconds, before lighting up, his eyes wide. "Oh! I know!"

And he would charge through the webs.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:18 am
Marek shook his head. "Really, good chum, we have tools at our disposal for this kind of situation." Closing his eyes, he conjured up his mage hand to start clearing away the webbing.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Running head first through the webbing, Jomjom finds that after the first ten or twenty feet, the webs provide next to no resistance. In fact, despite seeing the web all around him, it feels like there isn't anything there.

Marek's Mage Hand is able to clear away the rest of the webbing with ease. After a few minutes of work, the webbing is gone and the way is cleared for anyone who happens to be larger than your average gnome.

With the webbing now gone, the entire room can now be seen. It looks as though the web had taken over the majority of the room. The entire room appears to be 160 feet long, and only 40 feet of that had not been covered in webbing.

The rest of the room is bare. The only things of interest are extremely large oaken doors at the end of the room.

((Perception roll from everyone entering the room; Jomjom can make an Arcana or Dungeoneering roll if he suspects shenanigans.))

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:39 pm
"HAH! I'm not dead! That proves I've outwitted one of Acererak's many traps! One down, one less to go!" Jomjom did a little jig upon celebration of his renewed lease on life.

Quote:
Perception +4 = 7, Dungeoneering +4 = 15

Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 3, 11 Total: 14 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:39 pm
I'm a silly goose.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mackie the Knife rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 12:55 pm
((Perception: 1d20 +9 =11)) Kriv gets a stray piece of webbing in his eye and pauses to wipe it away.  
Lord of the Vine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:12 pm
((Perception +9. Also, if the room is dark, I'll cast Light on my staff.))

EDIT: ((27))  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:40 pm
Makaria keeps her eyes peeled as she strolls inside ((Perception @20))  
Arc Vembris rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:41 pm
((right, no die-roller thread here))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Cunning Witch Angus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:26 pm
((Sorry for the late post))

Adran would take the silver pendant and put it about his neck for good measure. Though he did not worship Pelor, perhaps even he would smile upon him in this dark tomb. He followed the rest of the part inside, carefully stepping out of the way of the webs. At the bottom of the stairs he would peer around, desperate to see something. He would also draw his sword for good measure.

[Perception: 28]  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:48 pm
((That's everybody! What do we see/hear/smell/etc.?))  

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:44 pm
((Apologies for the delay! Real life made it a bit difficult to get anything involving a computer done for the past few days.))

Beneath your feet, you feel the earth tremor ever so slightly. The results of which are, at first, hard to see. Slight cracks begin to emerge on the floor below, and small bits of rock and dirt fall from the ceiling. While it doesn't look like much, Marek, Makaria, and Adran notice that should the tremors continue for much longer, or if they happen to get much stronger, there's a very good chance that the room might collapse, and that getting out of the room soon might be a good idea.

While the tremors are too slight for Jomjom to take much notice of, he does notice that something feels off about the chamber. Based on what's known about the Tomb, the room appears to be far too simple and bit... Out of character. It feels as though there has to be something else to the room. It shouldn't be this easy to get into the tomb...

((Could I get both a Perception and Dungeoneering check from everyone who remains in the room? ))

Arc Vembris rolled 2 20-sided dice: 9, 8 Total: 17 (2-40)
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:33 pm
Makaria should know something about collapsing rooms, she is paragon-level after all ((Dungeoneering @15, Perception @19))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Rain Yupa rolled 2 20-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-40)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:01 pm
"WAIT!" Jomjom would call out, stopping dead in his tracks, arms out to his side as if to prevent anyone from passing his position.

"I think I just failed a perception check! I think I heard something!"

"No, nevermind, we're good. Let's see what's behind door number one! My adventuring sense tells me that things are a little TOO easy, so we're probably not exploring quickly enough for my delicate gnomish tastes!" he said, approaching the door on the left.

Reaching for the handle.

In.

SUPER.

SLOW.

MMMOOOTTTTIIIIOOOONNNNNN!!!!

Quote:
Insight +4 = 6 what is up with this chamber? Charisma +10 = 18 for DRAMATIC TENSION.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff