Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The Ca-anas Conflict [Recruiting 4/5] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:10 am
here he is for reference. I'll give him a backstory later.

Nayr, wanna make up something that has them both being very intimidating together?  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:25 am
SporkMaster5000

Nayr, wanna make up something that has them both being very intimidating together?

Hell yes I do. I love how we both have execution axes mrgreen

Yeah of course, we can be like brothers from other mothers. And it makes it more interesing because I am a Dragonborn and you are a Tiefling. Hmmm, what shall we say? Something like we are mercenaries? Or do we have some sort of goal beyond gold? Like I said, i haven't done a background for Abraxus (my character) yet, so I'm pretty open to ideas.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:05 am
NayrVentess
SporkMaster5000

Hell yes I do. I love how we both have execution axes mrgreen

Yeah of course, we can be like brothers from other mothers. And it makes it more interesing because I am a Dragonborn and you are a Tiefling. Hmmm, what shall we say? Something like we are mercenaries? Or do we have some sort of goal beyond gold? Like I said, i haven't done a background for Abraxus (my character) yet, so I'm pretty open to ideas.
I like the mercenary angle, the less grand our goals the more likely the pair seems to me. if they get too high-minded it seems like they'd actually care about the past and racial tension. if they're both soldiers of fortune then it could be that they're just the battlefield equivalent of schoolyard bullies.  
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:11 pm
Priest

Hint: he's not a priest, he's a deva vampire

I'll go with the Hammerfist nomads, it's best not to hang around too long when you're on a blood binge.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:05 pm
Arc Vembris
Priest

Hint: he's not a priest, he's a deva vampire

I'll go with the Hammerfist nomads, it's best not to hang around too long when you're on a blood binge.

Level 12, mate. Should be interesting; I've never played a vampire, let alone know how one works. You'll have to help me out from time-to-time. Otherwise everything seems to check out.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:59 am
That's a typo on my part, he's calculated for 12.

Vampires are simple as all hell, but a lot of their business is surge management, The class gets 2 surges/day, taking Durable doubled my healing potential. Blood Drinker is bonus damage I can use up to 3 times an encounter(thanks to my level) that grants me an extra healing surge each time. If I wind up with more than my four at the end of an encounter, I get full hp. If I need more surges in between combats, I can take a surge from a willing ally.

Heroes of Shadow
CHILD OF THE NIGHT
You gain the following benefits and weaknesses.
* You are an undead creature. You are unaffected by anything that affects only living creatures. You don’t need to breathe, which means you are immune to suffocation. You also don’t age. Unlike most undead, you do need to sleep.
* You have darkvision.
* You have resist 5 necrotic.
* You have vulnerable 5 radiant.
* If you end your turn in direct sunlight and lack a protective covering such as a cloak or other heavy clothing, you take 5 radiant damage (plus additional damage from your radiant vulnerability) from the sunlight, and you are weakened (save ends). If you drop below 1 hit point from this damage, you are instantly destroyed.

The beauty part of being a deva is my Radiant Resist 11, which means that sunlight doesn't do enough damage to harm me, which isn't enough to trigger my vulnerability. I still get weakened though so it's important to use sunscreen.
Quote:

ENDURING SOUL
While you are bloodied, you gain regeneration equal to your Charisma modifier. If you take radiant damage, your regeneration does not function until the end of your next turn.

This is handy.

And some other things, like I add charisma to all damage from powers and I get +2 Ac while wearing cloth(+4 with my Unarmored Defense feat). I look like I just rolled out of some very posh monastery, and if the party gets any wizards I might need some prestidigitation to get the bloodstains out of my vestments.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:18 am
Arc Vembris

The beauty part of being a deva is my Radiant Resist 11, which means that sunlight doesn't do enough damage to harm me, which isn't enough to trigger my vulnerability. I still get weakened though so it's important to use sunscreen.

Cheeky cheeky, I wonder if wizards had thought of that. So you can walk about in the sunlight as normal, you'll just be weakened? Interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:13 am
NayrVentess
Arc Vembris

Cheeky cheeky, I wonder if wizards had thought of that. So you can walk about in the sunlight as normal, you'll just be weakened? Interesting.

To read Heroes of Shadow you might think they had forgotten about anything published before Essentials, but it does allow for some shadow powers not tied to any essentials builds. Being Weakened is no treat either, and it's save ends, I can't just hop into the shade and expect it to go away.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:51 pm
Arc Vembris
NayrVentess
Arc Vembris

To read Heroes of Shadow you might think they had forgotten about anything published before Essentials, but it does allow for some shadow powers not tied to any essentials builds. Being Weakened is no treat either, and it's save ends, I can't just hop into the shade and expect it to go away.

Ah, no wonder I couldn't find any info on the builder for vampires! xd  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:58 pm
Dion Necurat
Arc Vembris
NayrVentess
Arc Vembris

I've seen HoS stuff in Character Builder, the above quotes I copped straight from the compendium  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:10 pm
Arc Vembris
Dion Necurat
Arc Vembris
NayrVentess
Arc Vembris

I've seen HoS stuff in Character Builder, the above quotes I copped straight from the compendium

Hmm...maybe I should update my campaign settings...  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:03 am
Hey, I've basically been AFK for a couple of weeks (sorry to all my PC's and DM's out there, especially Arc who's game I joined last week and haven't gotten round to posting yet... sweatdrop ), but the university year is over for another 4 months, so I've got time to waste on gaia. mrgreen

I'd love to join this game if there's still space. Thinking a striker-heavy Druid from one of my IRL games. I'll put her up soonish.  

joe-dude667

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:24 am
Well there's one spot left open, and two on hold until I see character sheets.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm
Well then, it that case may I introduce, Aihnah the Elven Druid. She has 3 paragon tier feats because of pre-campaign retraining.

Being the only Ritual Caster, you may be annoyed to hear I don't have Linked Portal. I don't think it really goes with her character, though I'll buy it if you think I should. Also I do have Enchant Magical Items, but no Alchemical Reagents.

Sources used are:
PHB1-3,
AV1+2,
Primal Power,
Arcane Power (only for rituals),
And FRPG (only for one ritual).

Shopping List:
Lvl 13: Predator Earthhide +3
Lvl 12: Earthfall Totem +3
Lvl 11: Amulet of Protection +3

9000 Gold:
Magic Items:
Horned Helm - 1,800
Tattoo of Vengeance - 1000
Claw Gloves - 840
Executioners Bracelets - 680
Belt of Vigour - 520
Acrobatic Boots - 520
Total - 5,260

Rituals:
Animal Messenger - Free
Purify Water - Free
Endure Elements - 100
Beast Growth - 175
Enchant Magic Item - 175
Speak With Nature - 250
Commune with Nature - 360
Clear the Path - 150
Ironwood - 360
Eagle's Flight - 1,000
Total - 2,570

Mundane Items:
Ritual Book - Free
Rare Herbs (1,000) - 1,000
Longbow - 30
Backpack - 2
Arrows (30) - 1
Waterskin - 1
Hempen Rope (50') - 1
Total - 1,035

Change: 135  

joe-dude667

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:35 pm
Mmmm, elf blood. Er, I mean, welcome to the team!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff