Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Entertainment Forum
You Can't Touch Mormon Jesus Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:52 am
Azkeel
Vegeta_Lover239
Azkeel
Vegeta_Lover239
~~

Not meaning to derail the thread here, by the way, just saying in general:

I certainly hope God has a sense of humor. Or otherwise, I'm going to hell.
Sometimes I joke that when Jesus returns, he'll be dressed to fit the times. You know: Skinny jeans, leather jacket, sunglasses XD

~~

If that's the times we live in what the heck time do I live in? =P

~~

Well, that was a few years back I made that joke. x3
Not all of them are exactly....respectful. :/ Such as one refering to Jesus Christ Superstar, when Judas is singing that Jesus needs to listen to him, and Jesus is like, half a mile away. PS: One of the lyrics in the song is, "And they'll hurt you when they find they're wrong." Just so you getthe joke on that part.

WARNING: I'm not trying to offend anyone, or God, either. This isn't making fun of Jesus or anything, but still.

Mark 13:5
And the Lord turned to Judas, and said upon to him...."Huh? What?"
Mark 13:6
"Look, just come here and....What? They'll gurt me if they bind their gong? I can't...what?"
Mark 13:7
Then the Lord sighed and said, "Sheesh...Nevermind....I'll just go over there...."

Of course, I always apologize to God and assure him I'm not serious, just in case : )

~~

I probably just need to watch the movie. I heard it was quite entertaining.

~~

I don't know about the 2002 one or whatever, but I have the 1973 version on tape. It isn't very respectful either. :/ Still, I like it.

Again, I apologize for hijacking your thread for a moment, Testicular. sweatdrop

~~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:53 am
Vegeta_Lover239
~~

Not meaning to derail the thread here, by the way, just saying in general:

I certainly hope God has a sense of humor. Or otherwise, I'm going to hell.
Sometimes I joke that when Jesus returns, he'll be dressed to fit the times. You know: Skinny jeans, leather jacket, sunglasses XD

~~

I'm pretty sure God does have a sense of humor because He created us with a sense of humor, and we are created in His image and likeness.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:54 am
Azkeel
Don't mormons believe blacks go to heaven only to be slaves?

No, they don't believe that.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:55 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Don't mormons believe blacks go to heaven only to be slaves?

No, they don't believe that.
Ok, what about the dark skin being a mark of sin?  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:55 am
Azkeel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0z_VlVeLfk&feature=related

Is this the mormon doctrine?

Not really. And this thread wasn't about discussing the doctrine of the LDS church. The OP posted a video that she thought was funny, that's what it's about.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:57 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

Not really. And this thread wasn't about discussing the doctrine of the LDS church. The OP posted a video that she thought was funny, that's what it's about.
Really you're going to say the OP didn't intend for a discussion on the LDS? Perhaps I shall start a thread then to make it fair game?  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:59 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

Really you're going to say the OP didn't intend for a discussion on the LDS? Perhaps I shall start a thread then to make it fair game?

There is already a thread about the LDS Church in this guild. It's floating around some where in the debate/discussion part of the guild, I think...It's been a while since I've been there, but I know it exists. Someoneiknow created it. You can go there and discuss the beliefs of the Church. And I think I've seen a few more threads discussing the Church. There's no need to create another repeat thread.

EDIT: The thread Someoneiknow created is called "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:05 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

There is already a thread about the LDS Church in this guild. It's floating around some where in the debate/discussion part of the guild, I think...It's been a while since I've been there, but I know it exists. Someoneiknow created it. You can go there and discuss the beliefs of the Church. And I think I've seen a few more threads discussing the Church. There's no need to create another repeat thread.

EDIT: The thread Someoneiknow created is called "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
Well this is the thread in the light so if you would kindly answer my inquires about LDS.  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:09 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

Well this is the thread in the light so if you would kindly answer my inquires about LDS.

I don't want to get nailed for thread derailment since this thread wasn't specically created for the discussion purpose about Church doctrine.

But to answer your question, the Church does not believe that blacks have dark skin because of sin.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:13 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

I don't want to get nailed for thread derailment since this thread wasn't specically created for the discussion purpose about Church doctrine.
Then by all means send me a link to the LDS thread? If you would be so kind.  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:15 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

Since I don't know how to link threads (I'm not very computer savvy) I will tell you exactly where it is. It's in the Bible and other Christian discussions part, page 2, second thread.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:21 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

But to answer your question, the Church does not believe that blacks have dark skin because of sin.
And [God] had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them. And thus saith the Lord God; I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities." (2 Nephi 5:21)  

Azkeel

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:23 am
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

And [God] had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them. And thus saith the Lord God; I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities." (2 Nephi 5:21)

That is talking about a specific group of people, the Lamanites. The curse was later lifted off of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:23 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

Since I don't know how to link threads (I'm not very computer savvy) I will tell you exactly where it is. It's in the Bible and other Christian discussions part, page 2, second thread.
I'm confident I "Derailed" the thread so I'll take all the blame if the OP finds any fault in our discussion.  

Azkeel

Azkeel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:25 am
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel
Shadows-shine
Azkeel

That is talking about a specific group of people, the Lamanites. The curse was later lifted off of them.
Scripture? Also you believe you will be turned into a God in the afterlife? (If you reach the top level)  
Entertainment Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff