Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
I Can Has New Game? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:22 pm
Rain Yupa
Eclipse Phase.

Apparently it's like shadowrun on steroids!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:28 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Raganui Minamoto
Arc Vembris
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Keith Valken Lionheart
I'm still surprised no on hath made a Dark Sun game.

Some one did but posting on it crapped out, I was really excited for it too.

They did? I totally missed that. Was it during the period of single-post games in the main forum before Rain got Vice-status?

That was me, totally me. And I actually had a thing for it. Then it died, so it got changed over to ADnD 2e when I tried that.

DO A DS GAME RAGA NOW MAN NOW

I wanna die in Athas. LETS TOPPLE THE SORCERER KINGS

Why, do you want to play a baby eating hin?

I am not quite sure what I'd do with a DS game at the moment. I have ideas, but nothing to really give a big game. I'll work on it though.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:10 pm
Are halflings called hin on Athas? I've only heard that term in the FRCS  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:01 pm
Pardon...

Baby Eating Savage.

I just remember hin cause my first foray into DS was on Neverwinter Nights, a guy was running a campaign that started in Faerun, moved to Ravenloft (I joined about midway through this), then moved to Dark Sun. Fairly well done too. It was also the first time I really dealt with halflings, and so the word Hin just kinda stuck around for me  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:54 pm
I'd love to play DarkSun (the 3.5 ed version preferably, but I'll play any edition just to get into Athas).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:25 pm
... I'm working on it. Seph was kind enough to provide me some ADnD 2E Dark Sun adventures to look over for ideas and maybe translate to 3.5  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:48 pm
I am really interested in Dark Sun too, so if someone started up a game I'm sure I'd join 3nodding never played it, but could definitly get into the setting  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:51 pm
Oh Dark Sun... the only game that actually has rules for mix-matching armor.

Please note that in a Dark Sun game, crafting is useful, since your stuff is prone to breaking cause it's bone.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:13 am
NayrVentess
@Wrasynth - Just like to point out that the healer that 'Didn't heal the Tank' was in fact me, and the reason that I didn't heal you was because at level 1 I had TWO healing spells. One of which I used on someone else, then I actually used the other on you. So in a party of four (I think) you had actually got at least the same amount of healing as one person, and more than the other. Then you died. Not my fault in the slightest.

Oh, and don't make stuff up, no one 'corrected' me about the way I was playing the character. All Spork said was that I needed to calm down in the OOC thread, which is what I agreed with. Not the fact that I didn't play how YOU wanted me to.

You totally missed the point. Good jorb.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:50 pm
Wrasynth Ksyamen
NayrVentess
@Wrasynth - Just like to point out that the healer that 'Didn't heal the Tank' was in fact me, and the reason that I didn't heal you was because at level 1 I had TWO healing spells. One of which I used on someone else, then I actually used the other on you. So in a party of four (I think) you had actually got at least the same amount of healing as one person, and more than the other. Then you died. Not my fault in the slightest.

Oh, and don't make stuff up, no one 'corrected' me about the way I was playing the character. All Spork said was that I needed to calm down in the OOC thread, which is what I agreed with. Not the fact that I didn't play how YOU wanted me to.
You totally missed the point. Good jorb.
I think I did too. What was the point? confused  

joe-dude667

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:14 pm
Oi! Wras and Nayr stop it! I don't care who said what and who did what but take it to private messages. You can carry on your love story there. This thread has a purpose other than for you two to quip at each other.

Now I may be willing to run a whfrp game as long as people don't mind premades.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:25 pm
Heya, I'm new here, and don't know Dark Sun, but I'd love to have a go at it!  

candy express

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:48 pm
Mongooseh
Oi! Wras and Nayr stop it! I don't care who said what and who did what but take it to private messages. You can carry on your love story there. This thread has a purpose other than for you two to quip at each other.

Now I may be willing to run a whfrp game as long as people don't mind premades.

Fair enough ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:46 pm
Right. so... I'm going to go make a thread signup for Dark Sun in a few moments.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:47 pm
candy express
Heya, I'm new here, and don't know Dark Sun, but I'd love to have a go at it!

What "don't you know" about it? I'm sure half the posters in this thread can fill in any blanks you might have about it smile

NINJA'D EDIT: Or... or Raga can take care of it... yeah... sweatdrop  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces