Back to Guilds

Jesus, love, Grace, God, Power, Salvation 

Reply Gaian Christian Fellowship
Christianity Basics Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like to learn what I learn too?
  Yes!
  No.
View Results

Injustice-Shall-Fall

Desirable Bloodsucker

11,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:05 pm
LESSON 1: WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?

If you have already commited your life to Christ through an act of repentance, something supernatural has happened. You may have felt this but been unable to explain it.

The following is a summary of the changes that occured when you asked God for his gift of Salvation.

JUSTIFICATION : YOU BECAME A NEW PERSON
Justification: Just as though you've never sinned

a. Before coming to Christ we were all SINNERS and our sin separated us from GOD ( Read Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12, and 1 John 1:8, 10 )

b. Christ came so that we could be FREE from the power of sin and RECONCILED to his Father, ( Romans 5:8-9, John 14:6 )

c. Only those who BELIEVE in Christ and ask for FORGIVENESS of sin are in right standing with God, ( Acts 13:38-39, 1 John 1:9 )

CHALLENGE : To know with certainty that things are right between us and God.

SOLUTION : Believe that salvation is found in none other than Christ Jesus.

SANCTIFICATION : YOU BEGAN A NEW JOURNEY
He begins to change you

a. When we made the decision to follow Christ we CHANGED our direciton. We now follow God who is making all things NEW ( 2 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 4:22-24 )

b. Justification was only the first step, sanctification describes the ONGOING work God is doing in our lives, ( Philippians 1:6, 2 Corinthians 3:18 )

c. God's DESIRE is to make us like Jesus, ( Romans 8:29, 1 Thessalonians 5:23 )

CHALLENGE : To live a life that pleases God.

SOLUTION : Commit to the process of transformation.

GLORIFICATION : YOU HAVE NEW HOPE

a. When we lived in sin, we were headed for DEATH because that is the punishment for sin, ( Romans 6:23 ). This refers to being separated from God both in this life, and for all eternity. The Soul is eternal

b. Now we have a new INHERITANCE, eternity with God in heaven, ( Acts 20:32, 1 Peter 1:3 ).

c. This promise encourages us to look forward to a better DAY ( Ephesians 1:18, Romans 8:18 )

d. We should now live as STRANGERS on Earth, always keeping eternity in view ( 1 Peter 2:11 )

CHALLENGE : To rise above the struggles of this life by keeping your eyes on the prize.

SOLUTION : Come what may, live with eternity in view.

CONCLUSIONS

a. No human effort can earn us salvation, we need Jesus ( Galatians 2:16, Ephesians 2:8-9 )

b. We should not expect Christians to be perfect. We are a work in progress, ( Colossians 3:1-10 )

c. Salvation and all of its benefits are not fully realized in this life, ( 1 Peter 1:5 )

For Further Study
Recommended Book : Francis Chan, Crazy Love ( Colorado Springs, CO: David C. Cook), 2008

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:14 pm
Anything in Blue is a note I had made in my book based on either a point the pastor made that I felt was necessary to include.
Anything in Orange is For Further Study.  

Injustice-Shall-Fall

Desirable Bloodsucker

11,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Profitable 100
Gaian Christian Fellowship

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers