Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Iron Soul, Our Last Hope [D20 Modern 1/5] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:35 am
For Mecha Mayhem!

I'll work something up later, if that's OK.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:09 pm
That would be fine.  

raozspaz

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:20 pm
This saddens me. No one's wanting to try.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:41 pm
I'm stretched rather thin due to many games, but it's not like I'm not around. Maybe I'll put something together...

Edit: I've had in mind a fast hero aiming for martial artist for some time to try out in d20 Modern. Would that be a viable sort of character for this game, or should I aim for something else? I mean, if we're going to be piloting mecha, I'd think a martial artist would be a generally poor choice, but it depends on what kind of mecha, really.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:13 pm
Funny enough, mechs use your base stats and talents, if I remember right. You just then add a bit from them... basically, larger mechs seem to work like just bigger Powered Armor almost.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:46 pm
I'm curious to know more about the general conceit of mecha and how they function. In particular, what kinds of things really are necessary in game for them to work? I'm trying to determine exactly what would be a viable character choice.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:19 pm
Well, they generally assume a humanoid shape (I think there are rules for non-humanoid), A mech has different slots. Two of these slots are taken by the cockpit. The rest hold weapons, gear, or accessories. They get a slam attack based off size.

As said, they augment your natural stats and you can use your talents and such so... uh...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:47 am
Once again realized the frustration of building a Fast Hero martial artist in d20 Modern - you can't actually do martial arts until at least third level that way, since Combat Martial Arts requires a +1 BAB and only the Strong Hero gets that at first level. Since the feat's not on the Fast Hero's bonus feats list, such a character isn't capable of doing anything martial-artsy until third level, minimum. Going Strong Hero costs you 8 skill points at first level, which is two entire skills at max ranks, making it really costly. Bummer. May have to investigate some other option.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:19 pm
try a pistoleer? like, dual wield em.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 pm
Well, I whipped something up - not the character I'd originally conceived of, but this one could be fun, given enough levels to get everything I want her to have (not that I expect that'll happen, but...).

Bridgitte Van Kaufman

My plan is to get into gunslinger and speed demon, mix and match shoot-em-up and crazy driving skizzles.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:56 pm
Looks good. She drive or shoot from vehicles most of the time?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:06 am
Until I hit 2nd level (ha ha) and start picking up Point Blank Shot and its ilk.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:43 pm
Hmm... Has she ever done any operations in Megalith territory?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:44 pm
Probably a small amount. She's not that experienced.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:50 pm
She drive or gun? Yes, I'm actually thinking up something, so there is a point to these questions.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff