Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
I'm scared... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:39 pm
Honestly I can't imagine why anyone would say/think bad things against the Holy Spirit... like nothing comes to mind, really.

I've never heard anyone say, Christian or non-Christian, anything bad or blasphemous about it/him/idk.

Just control your thoughts better, I suppose. And if you have a problem with the Holy Spirit, it would probably be best to reconcile that as soon as possible...

I'm glad you fear God, though. That's a good thing.  
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:40 am
In scripture, it does say that blasphemy against The Holy Spirit is an unforgiveable sin in Mark 3:28 - 29/Matthew 12:31 - 32/Luke 12:10.

It's hard for me to say exactly because it does say in that verse that the sin is unforgiveable. What is considered "blasphemy" against the Holy Spirit is insulting something sacred.

Here are different view points on the matter:

1. Some believe that all sins are forgiveable, even this one. They believe this because it is not accepting Jesus' gift for Salvation is what the sin is here because without Jesus, the Holy Spirit is not in us - therefore, a person would be denying the Holy Spirit. Rather, blasphemy against The Holy Spirit is repetitive, stubborn rejection of Christ.

2. Some believe this is blasphemy is being against the miracles that Jesus had performed because they were done so through God and The Holy Spirit.

3. Some believe that this is believing that Jesus Christ was of a demon in order to heal the demon possessed and in this - the Pharisees were saying that Jesus had an unclean spirit.

Perhaps look through God's word, pray about it, ask for forgiveness, and research into this topic yourself and see what you can find smile don't be discouraged.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:42 am
I was under the impression that blaspheming the Holy Spirit is unbelieving something that came from the Holy Spirit itself. For example, through the Holy Spirit I can receive help from God and He talks to me. But when I say "God told me", I'm somehow a crazy person. Then, people ask "So, you would *insert immoral action* if God told you to?" Stuff like that.

Also, if one is blaspheming the Holy Spirit, it has to be because the person does not believe in it. If the person does not believe in it, they are in disbelief and do not have it. Faith is a gift which can be accepted or rejected. Only faith saves. Therefore, no faith, no salvation, no Holy Spirit. Right?

You are already saved, and He is preparing a home for you! Don't let fear get between your relationship with God. Yes, he is a soverign God and worthy of fear, but not quaking in your terror fear. If anyone is a monster, it is US! We are sinners worthy of damnation. Thank God we have a mediator in Jesus Christ, a brother, father, friend, helper to us. Everything we could ever want and need is found in Jesus Christ.  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:05 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

I don't even know what the Holy Spirit is or where it came from or what it does...
What if I said that it was stupid or something?

What if I said something bad against it???
What do I do!?!?

User Image
this is your safe comment. i dont remember where, but it says you need a good knowledge of the holy ghost before denying it to go to hell. if you don't have a strong knowledge of what the holy ghost is, don't worry about it. just do what the others are doing. be wary of your thoughts and you should be alright  

darknova1111

Magnetic Werewolf

9,675 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:24 pm
Here is an interesting look on Blaspheming the Holy Ghost. It's questionable, but it's safer and better just not to do it period. X) No worries. Blaspheming the Holy Ghost  
Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff