Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
New Person Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:15 pm
D&DO isn't exactly a good source for 3.X learning. If you don't understand something, go to someone who understands, not a game based around it. Especially when the game does all the calculations for you.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:19 pm
DDO probably won't help with that. All you need is a bit of practice with the group.

My advice? Admit you're a novice, call your DM, and talk to HIM (or her, I guess). They'll give you the best possible advice and tips for creating a new character.

And I'd seriously recommend that you play a physical fighter of some sort as your first character. The spells can be a bit much to keep track of in between everything else, and if you're having trouble on the basic gameplay that would be a pain.  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:23 pm
Thhartokk
And I'd seriously recommend that you play a physical fighter of some sort as your first character. The spells can be a bit much to keep track of in between everything else, and if you're having trouble on the basic gameplay that would be a pain.

Seconded. My own philosophy is that when playing in a game system I'm unfamiliar with, make a fighter 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:35 pm
I'm jealous. My "New guild joiner" thread didn't get nearly this much attention.  

mcm

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:34 pm
Your new guild joiner thread didn't point out that you were new to D&D and needed help.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:38 pm
It takes a little time of getting used to, trust me. My best friend spent years trying to explain the basics to me but after my first game, it was pretty easy from thereon.  

Grevus

Midnight_Euphomy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:06 pm
No worries, Gaia, My lady friend said she'll explain it to me on Friday when they all play at her house!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff