Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Games That I'm Not Going to Run Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:44 pm
Arc Vembris
Castlevania

Seph Baelzara
Castlevania

Wolfram Asher Davidson
castlevania

mcm
Castlevania

Raganui Minamoto
Castlevania

One dungeon is nothing but skill challenges as you attempt to navigate the pits. You're allowed 3 failures. Upon the third, a vargouille bull rushes you over the edge of a pit. If you fail your saving throw, you die. If you try to be clever and backtrack, you get FLANKED by bull-rushing vargouilles

One dungeon is water-themed, and when you think you've cleared the encounter, kuo-toa jump out of the water and you have to keep fighting. Hope you don't like holding onto those Daily powers...

One level have hawks dropping quicklings who grapple you and start humping the healing surges out of you. The effects are cumulative for each attached quickling.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:48 pm
Quote:
Daily powers

Quote:
healing surges

I was talking purely in the d20/3.X system. What are these things you speak of?

Quote:
If you fail your saving throw

Reflex saves?  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 pm
Note, I'd prefer a Dark Sun game.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:29 pm
Seph Baelzara
Quote:
Daily powers

Quote:
healing surges

I was talking purely in the d20/3.X system. What are these things you speak of?

Quote:
If you fail your saving throw

Reflex saves?

I know that you know 4e well enough to at least know what I'm referencing. You could have at least humored me razz NEED MOAR NES IN YOUR CHILDHOOD.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:38 pm
I was actually thinking of attempting to paraphrase Futurama and the famous quote of wuv. But my mind kinda quit on me with that creativity spark.

However, I'll fold that I know a bit of Dailies, little of Healing Surges, and still go "WTF" with Saving Throws.

That last part is where I go...
~rolls 1d20, rattles off what I rolled~ Did I pass?
And continue on my merry way.

But... I've since removed all traces of 4e from my computer and physical copies. I don't plan on returning. It quickly began to feel like a pair of left handed scissors in the hands of a right-hand dominant person.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:17 am
As a lefty who had to deal with righty scissors all his life, I'm gonna call bull on that simile.

In my experience, d20 Modern and D&D3x are similar enough that you can do whatever you like with one system or another, but you really shouldn't mix them. You can imports things from one to the other, like equipment, monsters, and I think the equipment is the only real part we would need.

I think it would work perfectly well with a 4e game. Just say that firearms are a carbon copy of crossbows, it really doesn't need to be any more complicated than that, if guns are included at all.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:47 am
It wasn't supposed to be an edition post. It was supposed to be a Castlevania humor post. I think people read too much into it, though sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:25 am
Seph Baelzara
I was actually thinking of attempting to paraphrase Futurama and the famous quote of wuv. But my mind kinda quit on me with that creativity spark.

However, I'll fold that I know a bit of Dailies, little of Healing Surges, and still go "WTF" with Saving Throws.

That last part is where I go...
~rolls 1d20, rattles off what I rolled~ Did I pass?
And continue on my merry way.

But... I've since removed all traces of 4e from my computer and physical copies. I don't plan on returning. It quickly began to feel like a pair of left handed scissors in the hands of a right-hand dominant person.

Four point oh always reminds me of Progress Quest.
More on topic, Gurps goes without saying, but I'm not sure exactly which supplements I'd want to draw from.  

mcm

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:49 pm
A 4e-based Super-hero game.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:56 pm
Mackie the Knife
A 4e-based Super-hero game.

It's an interesting thought. 4e lends itself to that kind of storytelling, but I'm not sure players really have access to the variety of powers that would be required for that type of game. d20 Modern can do a reasonable job if you get heavy-handed with Mutations and Cybertech gadgets. Maybe if it were Paragon level minimum  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:16 pm
There's Mutants & Masterminds, which is a d20 system that's SPECIFICALLY superhero rules. And pretty fun!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:04 pm
Rain Yupa
Arc Vembris
Castlevania

Seph Baelzara
Castlevania

Wolfram Asher Davidson
castlevania

mcm
Castlevania

Raganui Minamoto
Castlevania

One dungeon is nothing but skill challenges as you attempt to navigate the pits. You're allowed 3 failures. Upon the third, a vargouille bull rushes you over the edge of a pit. If you fail your saving throw, you die. If you try to be clever and backtrack, you get FLANKED by bull-rushing vargouilles

One dungeon is water-themed, and when you think you've cleared the encounter, kuo-toa jump out of the water and you have to keep fighting. Hope you don't like holding onto those Daily powers...

One level have hawks dropping quicklings who grapple you and start humping the healing surges out of you. The effects are cumulative for each attached quickling.
allow me to restate that it'd be 1999-setting, so some d20 modern elements.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:23 pm
Rain Yupa
There's Mutants & Masterminds, which is a d20 system that's SPECIFICALLY superhero rules. And pretty fun!
I've played it. They even made out more books with MORE powers and more specific powers... though I think anyone could be made with just the base book. Though... some of the others added things like combos and what not to make a Fighting Game character or anime/manga stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:49 am
Wolfram Asher Davidson
allow me to restate that it'd be 1999-setting, so some d20 modern elements.

... Arc was throwing out ideas for people to run, because he wouldn't. I never said nor quoted either 1999 or 2010. I just said "Castlevania". I also never said that's what other people had to run; if nothing else, its implied that's how I would run it.

Man, you guys are all hooked on the edition thing. Can't see the colony for the bats.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:17 pm
I've had an idea for a Fate of All Time campaign. The players generate multiple PCs, each of which exists in a different time period. They're somehow psychically linked through time to each other, so they're aware of the actions of those in the future as well as in the past. And they're fighting some insanely monolithic evil that they have to defeat in the future with the help of those in the past.

Present heroes: "We need this artifact, but we can't get to it because the mountain that housed it was swallowed by a black hole."
Cut to people in the past. "That mountain's still here. Let's get the artifact, take it somewhere safe, and make sure no one ever finds it there."
Cut to the present again: "Hey, guys. I know where we can find the artifact."

It'd take a lot of juggling and some railroading, but I think it'd be really cool.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff