Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Should women be required to cover their breasts in public? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should woman be granted the freedom to be topless in public?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:54 pm
Yeah that was something else I was thinking about. Even if was legal. How many girls would really want to take their shirts off?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:34 pm
Surazal Dloc
Yeah that was something else I was thinking about. Even if was legal. How many girls would really want to take their shirts off?

Like I said, it's legal here, and I've never seen it taken advantage of.
(I also don't get out much and live in a VERY conservative area..)  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:11 pm
YunieCookie
Surazal Dloc

Like I said, it's legal here, and I've never seen it taken advantage of.
(I also don't get out much and live in a VERY conservative area..)

Yunie, you will have to lead the fight for TOPLESS WOMEN!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:36 am
Hmmm... I think that it's kinda silly that it's considered indecent, yet at the same time I know I wouldn't be going around topless even if the weather was nice and it was permissible. Once breasts get past a certain size, it's just awkward to not have the support of a good bra.

Leave it to you guys to discuss breasts. One of my first memories of the ATG? The boob mattress discussion razz  

Lobo-chan

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:00 am
I think Lobo should go topless, for the sake of research into how the larger bosoms are affected.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:17 am
Only if you're paying for me to get a breast reduction when it's all done stare I will also require massive amounts of sunblock and aloe lotion for the prevention/treatment of sunburns.

I'm a festive holiday hobo! =D  

Lobo-chan

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:28 am
Not only will I pay for the breast reduction, but I'll even apply the sunblock and lotion.

biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:34 am
Okay, now that we have that worked out razz
I kinda walked into that one, so I can't complain. My girlfriend might not approve, though razz

So, on the topic of breasts... I have been reading waaaay too much feminist literature for the past few weeks because of this research paper. I'm not sure if these women would be in favor of baring their breasts in the name of equality, though, or if they would claim it was all some plot by men to further objectify them. Oh, feminists.  

Lobo-chan

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:46 am
I think that would depend on which end of the feminism ideal you examine.

Maybe....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:53 am
I wonder what big breasted ladies did back in the day when brassieres did not exist.  

Surazal Dloc

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:10 am
Surazal Dloc
I wonder what big breasted ladies did back in the day when brassieres did not exist.

Ask men to lend a helping hand? xd  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:36 am
They wore corsets, or they developed very poor posture.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Surazal Dloc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 am
But Kals, isn't a corset a type of Brassier? I mean like before clothing that supported breasts existed.

Also @emmmahy: Like this?
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:32 am
I dun think I'd be offended, buuuut there's not a lot that offends me outright. It's not like anyone's going to learn anything new and shocking about a woman's body if she walks around with her boobs out.

But then, there are some people whose boobs I'd never want to see... though I think that's largely due to my lack of affection for the individual, rather than boobs. That said, I don't think that there should be any more government interference in day-to-day life than absolutely necessary, so if the woman's not endangering anyone by having her boobs out, then there's no reason that (on a government level) she should be required to cover them up.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Aachren

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:09 pm
Eh, and I was wishing more men would wear shirts more of the time.
Weird that.

Besides, it's like a rule, but if you're gonna see someone naked, it's gonna be someone you'd rather not.
Seriously.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces