Welcome to Gaia! ::

RAWR: Revolutionary Animals With Rabies

Back to Guilds

We Bother People 

Tags: RAWR, Animal, Noob, Attack, Grunny 

Reply Research and Development of the Guild
raisedpassions roleplay testing. feel free to post comments Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:52 pm
actually I might not be far off.... for aquarius, strength plus agility multiplied by the level / 10 yields a base hit factor of 18 points.

BUT if she was a level 2, that would double to 36 points..... by level 4, shes hitting for 76 points.....

so a multiplier of the level / 100 seems good, although for the first 10 levels or so characters will be weak as hell.... but its a good place to start at least....

Ok, so NOW her base hit is 1.8 LOL but still she's a level 1 too.... lol..... lets go with that for now.

I'm having trouble with total hit points of a character.... for instance, she should be able to kill a hedgehog with a single blow if she wants. Initial HP will need to be a factor of a person's weight. Seems to make sense.... the bigger it is, the harder it is to kill.... seems to match up to real life.

ok so lets make health true up to kg on the stats for the timebeing.

ok done

Godzilla's health stayed pretty much the same (like INFINITE), while Aquarius's health dropped a bit.

I need a few more bio's to test with.

as i write up the new bio's, im realizing STRENGTH for the most part is a factor of a characters size also. so lets just fire out there a number thats 1/2 the character's weight.... for now...

as i look at this last bio i created of the f*****t hero, im thinking maybe I should have agility measured in seconds and going DOWN as ppl level up.... everything else is coming into real life measurements and a raising agility number is kinda wierd.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:18 pm
User Image
Cute Bwunny Wabbit

Birthday: who cares
Species: Rabbit

Who cares about its background? It's gonna die.

Main Trade:
dying
Minor Trades:
looking cute
Strengths:
hopping
Weaknesses:
size, weak attack

Stats:
level 1
Strength 0.75kg
Agility: 400
Speed: 150
HP: 15
Luck: 90
Personality: 90
Combat Ability Multiplier: 0.2
Base Hit: 8

Height: 0.2m
Weight: 1.5kg
Daily Food Requirement: 150g
Type of food eaten: vegetables

Inventory:
tombstone

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:35 pm
User Image
f*****t Hero

Birthday: every day
Species: probably human

Your typical cliche always gets the girl hero type (in his case he always gets the boy). Talks in a deep voice, dreams of saving the day, wretchably honest and pure, you'll want to take him home to meet the parents too.

Main Trade:
Saving the world from evildoers
Minor Trades:
saving kittens, helping old ladies across the street.
Strengths:
no super human strengths here like superman or anything.... your average guy really.
Weaknesses:
no serious weaknesses here either.

Stats:
level 1
Strength 54kg
Agility: 85
Speed: 100
HP: 1070
Luck: 90
Personality: 90
Combat Ability Multiplier: 1
Base Hit: 18.5

Height: 1m
Weight: 107kg
Daily Food Requirement: 11kg
Type of food eaten: anything, preferably cooked.

Inventory:
gold stars for the good little children

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:34 pm
got interrupted.... lol... what was i doing now? well if nothing else, im having fun with this.... i got a headache YES, but still able to have fun with it too.... When you start seeing s**t like this, its no wonder where these crazy events for RAWR come from im sure....

anywho.... where was i? (scrolling up)

Ok back on track.... my main problem was what was happening with the health if i made it derived from the weight. the attacks too. Everything seemed to fall into place with Aquarius vs the bunny at least. You'd figure that if she wanted to, she could prolly kill the bunny with one hit. It has a total HP of 1.5 whereas her base hit is 1.8, so yes, she should be able to kill it with one hit no problem. So far that looks really good. Lets add the base hit to all profiles now (just to make things easier....

ok done.

Godzilla has an ungodly base hit.... yet an error was uncovered.... the bunny has twice the attack of the f*****t hero because the bunny is really fast....

I mean, it makes sense cuz the bunny has teeth.... but the dice aren't looking at the teeth. This would make a squirrel even more hardcore. As you level the bunny up, it would get worse too.... hmm..... OMG, by level 10, the bunny is almost killing Aquarius with one hit.... wow.....

riding with black to the store for beer, I talked thru my mistake with her....
The error is that ive got it set so that strong and quick hit hard.... thats it... so a bodybuilder again will will always defeat jet li which isnt correct.

I gotta scroll back up to see what I was thinking about that concept earlier.  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:42 pm
ok scrolled up and found that before i was looking at only stregnth as the attack.... but that would mean bodybuilder always beats jet li.... so i added agility to the mix.

Yes, thats a factor, but now a quick bunny can kill a person with one hit.... or better yet, a quick bodybuilder would pwn. so a new stat.... "fighting ability" lets at that to the 4 profiles..... then.... well first we need to look at the agility problem.... its too big an impact right now.... lets divide it by 3 then make a

or noooooo wait a minute..... i ******** up the attack multiplier (btw, buzzed from beer right now, can you tell?)

right now i've got the attack multiplier set equal to the level divided by 100...... which isnt anything at all..... lets change the name "attack multiplier" to.... "Combat ability" then change it independantly from the level and see what happens.

Combat Ability would be how TRAINED the creature is with fighting.... it can go up with experience too.... actually it SHOULD go up with experience.

now the base hit equation becomes:
(Aglity + Stregnth) * (level / 100) * Combat ability.
or
aquarius 1.2 base (60HP)
Godzilla 275,000 base (90000000000HP)
Bwunny: 0.8 base (1.5HP)
f*****t: 1.85 base (107HP)

not perfect, but back in balance enough for now. the smaller an animal gets, the easier it is to be killed by sibling.... the larger, the harder.... idk, maybe it IS like this in real life, but it still needs work.

Now the roll is simple.... you just add 5 or ooooooooo no..... add OR subtract.... cuz then theres the defense i needed earlier. but cute cuz you got defense WITH A REFLECT if the dice count goes negative.....

lets try a random number of +/-5..... if it will work.

nope.... cant do it... aparantly gaia has never heard of numbers below 1..... gay....

wheres f*****t Hero when we need him?

so then lets roll a 10 sided dice and subtract 5.. see what we get.  
raisedpassion rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:44 pm
User Image
Aquarius

60 HP
1.2 Base
Fighting with no weapon

DICE ROLL!!!!!!!!

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:57 pm
User Image
Aquarius

60 HP
1.2 Base
Fighting with no weapon

{{nice roll.))

Aquarius, boldly and stupidly ignoring radiation poisioning, runs in and punches Godzilla right in the toe!!!!

{{(Roll -5) + Base = Total Attack

5 + 1.2 = 6.2

See, but.... Godzilla has this really tough hide, hence the defensive bonus of 10000000. She's gotta do more damage than the defensive bonus before it will hurt him. So Godzilla isnt even going to feel a BEE-STING from her attack.... nothing..... period.}}

.... punches Godzilla right in the toe!!!!! Godzilla doesnt seem to notice, sits down, laughing at her.

{{Now... we dont need to flip the tables on her and have Godzilla attack her. At this point in the computations, theres no way he can miss. She's dead... or at least unconscious.

Lets have her attack the Bwunny and see what happens.}}

raisedpassion rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:01 pm
User Image
Aquarius

60 HP
1.2 Base
Fighting with no weapon

DICE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:06 pm
User Image
Aquarius

60 HP
1.2 Base
Fighting with no weapon

Aquarius upset with the results of her attack on Godzilla goes and KICKS the Bwunny instead. Poor bunny goes flying, hits the wall and falls to the floor in a disheveled heap. It twitches a few times then seems to regain consciencesness and gets up, trying to shake the butterflies out of its head.

1.2 points of damage, leaving the bunny with 0.3HP

Feeling better about herself, she decides to go pick a fight with the f*****t.

raisedpassion rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:08 pm
User Image
Aquarius

60 HP
1.2 Base
Fighting with no weapon

DICE ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:15 pm
User Image
Aquarius

57.2 HP
1.2 Base
Fighting with no weapon

Feeling better about herself, she decides to go slap a f**.

She goes to give him a good ol' one hander across the kisser but he sees it coming without trouble. Catching her hand, he holds it in midair, making direct eye contact with her.

"You shouldn't have kicked the bwunny like that".

He throws her to the ground. She lands hard, her head hitting the floor, doing 2.8 points of damage.

She lays there sobbing for a moment as she can feel the bruise on her forehead starting to form.

"Wimp" he chuckles.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:28 pm
not bad for a days work i think.

I mean, YA, theres alot more work to be done, but its a good start.

Combat was easy too. Roll the dice, subtract 3.8. not hard.

I'm going to take a break for awhile. Saws anyone?  

raisedpassion
Captain

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:37 am
next on the agenda is to factor hunger into the combat scene.

and we've already figured that you've got a free attack from an ambush position.....

so far i havent had a use for defense..... or reaction time.....

ARMOR = defense bonus. having armor and weapons "wear out" is the trick though....

did i want to measure agility in seconds? its nice having real life measurements in things....

ok... another thing on my mind, lets up the HP per level.... HP = Base HP * (1+Level/100)

Each level up, you'll get some points that you can throw on your character however you wish...

Ok, so lets cut the defense multiplier and reaction time from the biosheets before going further.

ok done.

now... lets take a look at the issue of hunger... if we can.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:42 am
now... i want to have "hunger" in the game. The idea is that if you let your character go hungry, its going to adversely effect everything he / she does, up to and including death....

then either no benefit for a well fed character, or maybe a slight stat gain...

it would be easy to do with a computer, something that could calculate the values for you.... just put an overall multiplier on the final outcome of the base attack (since we are still dealing with the combat engine and havent moved from it yet).

but in this scenario, its not so easy.... I like the fact that im rolling a 10 sided dice and subtracting 3.8 to get my attack. thats easy. it doesnt change unless a level up occurs, its easy to remember, its all good.

but hunger is always changing.... (for right now, lets say 1 post takes 5% of the daily intake of food (based solely on weight) and a roll takes 10%

I know the values are really high, but its something to start with for now.

actually lets switch it real quick to 2% and 5%.

what are our options for dice maybe??

we got a 4, a 6, a 8, a 10 and a 12....

hmm.... like, if you changed from a 10 sided dice to say, FIVE 10 sided die.... reworked the engine alittle bit to work ok with the higher numbers (im going to anyways).....

then you would have 1 dice per 20% hunger.

well FIRST we need to call "hunger" something acceptable cuz right now, a higher number on hunger, the worse off you are and thats confusing....

pulls out the antonym thing..... LOOK i remembered how to spell antonym from before. I actually learned something from all this mess.

looks like all the antonym online finder things suck.... i might have to break down an ICK ..... heaven forbid..... go to the library... lol....

It's just down the street at least.

For the time being lets call it "Food in DA belly", just for now....  

raisedpassion
Captain

Research and Development of the Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas