Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Unlikely Heroes [Game Thread] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:09 am
When he entered, Sabin pointed at the dwarf. "Is that your brother, Sapphire? No, wait... your brother has blue eyes and red hair. And isn't a dwarf, likely. My apologies." With that, he moved a bit towards the little man with the gray hair, crouching down to be on eye level with him. "Sir, you haven't seen a little boy around, have you? We're looking for one. His name is Cade. No one in the bar has seen him, and the only place we haven't looked is the forge, but if you've seen him that would be great." Sabin was getting a little testy. He didn't want to smoke with the girl on his back because it would all just blow into her nose, and he needed a smoke right now. Never once did it cross his mind that he could just put her down- he didn't trust the townsfolk enough.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:08 am
"No" replied Stoney absent mindedly as he proceeded to the bar to then climb up one of the stools.

"Oi barkeep dwarven ale if ya 'as some! If ya dinnae 'as any I'll have whatever pisswater everyone else is drinkin'" He shouted obnoxiously as he adjusted himself so he was comfortable on the stool placing his spear within arms reach and counting how many coins he had.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:11 am
The smith was a lonely looking aged man, who still was powerfully built. He was hammering a bit on a pot, taking careful care the curved sides. Looking up, his eyes looked spooked for a moment before calming down. "Y...yes?"

-----

The barkeep would look over the odd trio, frowning. Then he would look at the coppers that came out. "You... you have money? But... you look..." He shifted uneasily, looking at the door. Nothing more came in. Quickly, he grabbed the coppers, setting out a mug of some foul smelling brew. "S-sorry, all of the better stuff has been taken."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:36 pm
User Image"Pardon my manners, sir. I was wondering... what happened here? There's no one on the streets, there's damage on the buildings. I had been lead to believe that this land was largely apart from the war." She shrugs as her shield slips a bit from its resting place on her back. "I was hoping to perhaps resupply and maybe find a place to stay for the night, possibly some leads. Have you heard anything about Mlaka of the Ebon Eyes, perhaps? Or are there any skilled warriors in the area?"  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:40 pm
User ImageThe sky was a bright, hazy purple as GrimGrubGrot rode into town on his bristly grey wolf, though for some reason Dag had changed his fur to pink today. GrimGrubGrot didn't mind too much - it wasn't like the big folks reacted well no matter what color he was. No big deal. He dug into his sack and partook of another small part of his sacrament, and mused on what the Great Tree Stump wanted him to do today. Boy, was he ever hungry...

As luck would have it, the Great Tree Stump guided him to a wonderful meat hole and he had a pretty good meal of whatever kind of meat it might have been - it was pretty charred, but it might have been horse at some point. GrimGrubGrot hated horses. The idea of them stepping on him... that was the worst possible anything. But now it was inside him, and his tummy wasn't aching nearly as bad anymore. And he could see the town up ahead.

Riding into town, he sidled up to some building with pictures of food on the sign. That looked promising. He directed Dag inside. "Food here?" he asked a likely very confused shopkeep in the general store.

{Incidentally, Emerald... I love the horse bit. Had to reference it. Looks like I'm not the only one.}  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:46 pm
Sapphire looks down at the dwarf as Sabin speaks to him. "Oh no, that's definitely not Cade. Cade's not a dwarf. He's a halfling, like me." She smiles cheerily at the dwarf. "Hello, Mr. Dwarf. Your feet are very dirty."  

jennibert

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 am
The blacksmith would look at her as if she were nuts. "War? War's the furthest thing on our minds here. We're ransacked by bandits near weekly, barely keeping enough to feed ourselves. Used to be I'd do this work for a decent pay, enough to feed me for a week or more, now I barely get enough for a day, and that's only if I ration it properly." He stopped and listened. "Who of the what now?"

-----

The barkeep looked between the three, keeping as he was. The place was full of tension. What was with these outsiders?

-----

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---" The general store manager screamed in utter horror as a wolf came into his shop, along with some crazy amalgamation goblin and kobold riding on it. The scream could be heard quite clearly around town. It cut off as foam bubbled from his mouth, causing him to fall over behind the counter.

The store itself had some odds and ends, but barely carried anything food worthy aside from some hard tack, and even then it was the hardest of the tack.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 pm
"Piss off will ya? I'm trying to drink here" retorted Stoney proceeding to drink and ignore the couple.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
serketcity rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:02 pm
((Rolling Sense Motive against Sapphire's bluff earlier, tipped off by the mention that she was a halfling. +6 mod means I still fail, actually.))
Sabin briefly thought about what he might be carrying on his back, but thought better of it. I mean, so what if she was a halfling? Just because she might look the same at twice his age didn't necessarily mean... well, okay... but... hmm. Maybe it was worth asking. At the very least, if she wasn't a kid he could smoke.
"Say, Sapphire? How old are you, exactly, anyway?"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:36 pm
Rounding a corner, Kivenna had finally caught sight of the haphazardly made sign indicating the inn, and the promise, however minimal, of a freaking bath. She was almost there when she saw a goblin ride a wolf into the general store, and then a gut wrenching scream emanate from the store moments later. The frustration from earlier got the better of her again, and she began moving as rapidly as she could towards the general store, fishing with one free hand in her coat for a vial and a smidgen more saltpeter to add and get it primed. The only thing better than a bath right now would be making some little monster go "boom..." she thought to herself, a slightly manic gleam in her eye.  

Emerald the Crow

jennibert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:59 pm
"That's a very rude dwarf. Or, I guess, just a regular dwarf. They're mostly rude" says Sapphire, more or less to herself, and then she looks down at Sabin. "How old am I? Umm...about 24, I think. Cade's a couple of years older than me. He used to take care of me, but then he had to go away."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:52 pm
Raganui Minamoto
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---" The general store manager screamed in utter horror as a wolf came into his shop, along with some crazy amalgamation goblin and kobold riding on it. The scream could be heard quite clearly around town. It cut off as foam bubbled from his mouth, causing him to fall over behind the counter.

The store itself had some odds and ends, but barely carried anything food worthy aside from some hard tack, and even then it was the hardest of the tack.

User Image"DHAAAAAAA! Rabid monkey head! Rabid MONKEY HEAD!!!" GrimGrubGrot screams back as the general store manager freaks out like crazy and Dag starts to freak out completely. Deciding that he didn't feel like fighting a horrible rabid monkey-headed monster right now, GrimGrubGrot dug his knees in to Dag's shoulders and did his best to steer the wolf back out the door as fast as its legs could carry him, a wild look in his eyes. His face tasted like chocolate as he peeled out into the open street again.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:11 am
Raganui Minamoto
The blacksmith would look at her as if she were nuts. "War? War's the furthest thing on our minds here. We're ransacked by bandits near weekly, barely keeping enough to feed ourselves. Used to be I'd do this work for a decent pay, enough to feed me for a week or more, now I barely get enough for a day, and that's only if I ration it properly." He stopped and listened. "Who of the what now?"

User Image"Bandits? That's terrible. Where's your town guard? Why haven't they done anything to stop..." She cuts short as a scream echoes around the town. She turns away from the blacksmith for a moment. "Sounds like your bandits might be back! I'll go see what I can do." She dashes past her horse, more comfortable on foot if there might be a battle. Theresa, what should I do? She moves as fast as possible towards the sound of distress.  
Emerald the Crow rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:22 pm
Kivenna marvels as a goblin bursts out of the general store, riding on a well equipped specimen of canis lupus, which didn't really surprise her much. He was screaming something in his frantic, irritating voice about a rabid monkey or some-such, but Kivenna didn't really know or care what he was going on about. A goblin in town probably needed to be dealt with, and she could stand a bit of reward money, since her horse was dead and all. Hopefully this hick town actually had horses for sale and had a big enough reward for marauders. She pulled a vial out of her pocket, snapped a small flap on the top, releasing a minor chemical compound into the container, and threw it at the goblin.

{Sorry, Anatarei. It's about what she'd do. Hopefully I won't kill you before this all gets sorted out. Ranged touch attack, + 5 bonus, but I'd wager that we're at least a range increment away, so it's only +3 to hit... I need to pick up Far Shot, even though Paizo screwed that up in the revision. stare }  

Emerald the Crow

Emerald the Crow rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-12)

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:24 pm
{ooh, damn. I really hadn't expected to actually hit with that small of a bonus... rofl Uh... I mean, sorry. 2d6+4 damage. The wolf will have to make a DC 15 reflex save or take 6 splash damage. At least he has Evasion, right?}  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff