Welcome to Gaia! ::

RAWR: Revolutionary Animals With Rabies

Back to Guilds

We Bother People 

Tags: RAWR, Animal, Noob, Attack, Grunny 

Reply Research and Development of the Guild
the "I get announcements late so please PM me" list Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 am
Michelle A Remiel
Add me, please. D:
I'm on gaia almost every day.
added  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:29 pm
Michelle A Remiel
Add me, please. D:
I'm on gaia almost every day.
Ditto.  

Jacob Aurastorm

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:33 am
added  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:50 am
I missed yesterday's event again because no one sent me a PM :'( Now I'm sure it's not just me, because I checked Gaia at 7PM and I didn't get the announcement that was sent at 5PM (I got it only this morning).  

pwassonne

raisedpassion
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:18 am
ze_gobou
I missed yesterday's event again because no one sent me a PM :'( Now I'm sure it's not just me, because I checked Gaia at 7PM and I didn't get the announcement that was sent at 5PM (I got it only this morning).
OK, your right.... You called me on it. I've fallen into the habit of PM'ing friends who are currently online at the time of the event rather than PMing the list. The logic was "If you're not online, you wouldn't want the pm anyways". Last night I simply FORGOT to PM anyone... it happens, I try not to do it, but mistakes happen.

But also keep in mind, you still would've missed the event because you were TWO HOURS LATE. The first announcement regarding this event went out on the 18th. Thats why Rabies Weekly is there, it had the event day, time, and a link to the meet up location so that you can go "OH, OK, we've got something coming up.", then mark it down in your notes.

Again, I will try not to neglect the PM list in the future.

Also, I'm still working on the calendar that will automatically convert dates and times for you so theres no confusion. (It's at least a thousand lines of code, that's why it's taking so long.) I took a break from coding it to write this actually.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:24 am
raisedpassion
ze_gobou
OK, your right.... You called me on it. I've fallen into the habit of PM'ing friends who are currently online at the time of the event rather than PMing the list. The logic was "If you're not online, you wouldn't want the pm anyways". Last night I simply FORGOT to PM anyone... it happens, I try not to do it, but mistakes happen.

But also keep in mind, you still would've missed the event because you were TWO HOURS LATE. The first announcement regarding this event went out on the 18th. Thats why Rabies Weekly is there, it had the event day, time, and a link to the meet up location so that you can go "OH, OK, we've got something coming up.", then mark it down in your notes.

Also, I'm still working on the calendar that will automatically convert dates and times for you so theres no confusion. (It's at least a thousand lines of code, that's why it's taking so long.) I took a break from coding it to write this actually.

I remember logging in at 7PM, but maybe I logged in earlier, I can't remember ^^" But yes, now I'll write it down when an event is announced. And thank you for working on that calendar ^^
EDIT : that wedding thing. I WAS online when it took place :'(  

pwassonne

Baine Oritaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:38 am
well i know what you mean I was there as the priest but I didn't get the announcement till it was over...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:35 am
ze_gobou
raisedpassion
ze_gobou

I remember logging in at 7PM, but maybe I logged in earlier, I can't remember ^^" But yes, now I'll write it down when an event is announced. And thank you for working on that calendar ^^
EDIT : that wedding thing. I WAS online when it took place :'(
Ya, the whole thing really bothers me cuz gaia is so poorly coded. I mean, I know gaia is busy, and I can understand a 1/2 hr to get all the announcements out, gaia IS busy..... But this problem of getting announcements 5 and 10 hours late is unacceptable.

At RAWR, we've been putting in checks like the newsletter to try to overcome this.... but it's always going to be an issue. Another thing that pisses me off personally is that you have to be a Vice Captain to send an announcement.

In this case, your right, you SHOULD've been able to attend. You missed a good one.... the wedding was nice. There's a few videos running around from it. The only reason I got to see it was because it went an hour late. When all the announcements went out, I was spending time with black down by the river.  

raisedpassion
Captain

pwassonne

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:53 am
Do you think it'd be a good idea to complain to the Gaia staff ?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:54 am
ze_gobou
Do you think it'd be a good idea to complain to the Gaia staff ?
if you want to you can i guess.... I don't know if it would be a constructive use of your time though.  

raisedpassion
Captain

Giraffe Swag

Sparkly Otaku

16,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:43 pm
I know this is late, and we barely have any events, but it has also happened to me. Preferably on raids for some weird reason. When I finally receive the announcement for raids everyone had left already. And for movie nights I usually get it near the end or in the middle when there are only a few people left.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:47 pm
iiorgasmic crayonii
I know this is late, and we barely have any events, but it has also happened to me. Preferably on raids for some weird reason. When I finally receive the announcement for raids everyone had left already. And for movie nights I usually get it near the end or in the middle when there are only a few people left.

ADDED

See? it only takes one.

You should start a new thread about your idea to do a raid.  

raisedpassion
Captain

Giraffe Swag

Sparkly Otaku

16,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:33 am
raisedpassion
-Mailing List-

Capn Agonys, l-Kallisto-l, Turning_Into_a_Grunny, howlerd, Emperor Devante15, Rainbow Sprinkles XD

xXFoxfaceToastXx, MURKR0W, ze_gobou, jyud, Michelle A Remiel, Jenni Aurastorm

iiorgasmic crayonii

Since Raise isn't on, I'll send PM's to this list of people. c:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:57 am
Capn Agonys

l-Kallisto-l

Turning_Into_a_Grunny

howlerd

Emperor Devante15

Rainbow Sprinkles XD

xXFoxfaceToastXx

MURKR0W

ze_gobou

jyud

Michelle A Remiel

Jenni Aurastorm

Did you guys all get your PMs?

Giraffe Swag

Sparkly Otaku

16,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Smokeahontas

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:04 pm
User Image

I could be on gaia all day and never get the announcement lol oh well.
Pm me too please

Research and Development of the Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces