Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Just curious Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saint Crazy The Follower

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

So even if we are forgiven we are still going to be punished?
i thought that once we are forgiven he forgets about it because we are wiped clean of the sin...

I'm confused...

User Image

I personally interpret the 'fear' of God to be more like an utmost respect and reverence. The word for fear, I think, was used differently in biblical times. I could be wrong, but there's definitely more to it than literally being afraid of punishment.

Quote:
God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

1 John 4:17-18

On topic, Azkeel, my advice is to take note of how you feel about things, but don't let them drag you down. It's okay to be concerned with sober judgment about how things are going, but being paranoid can lead to rash decisions.

Just be thoughtful with your actions and words, which I'm sure won't be a problem for you. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:32 pm
I had to deal with fear ahwile ago. Now I'm growing in love. Interesting stuff when you begin in wisdom.  

Azkeel

kdke

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:52 pm
X XOver time, I've noticed how much our feelings tend to lead us to false conclusions about things. Our feelings are not always true in the sense that they do not always reflect the truth of things. Like being paranoid or having fear of something bad happening. Is that the truth of things? Probably not. Our Father doesn't want us to live in paranoia and be skittish all the time. He wants us to live with courage and confidence, knowing His will and relying on that instead of relying on our feelings to lead our lives.

Jesus DOES, though, command us to fear God. He says to not fear the one who can destroy our body, but fear the one who can destroy both our body and soul in hell. I find it pretty appropriate to fear such a God who can do that, just as much as a child would a parent who has the power to discipline it.
X X

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:12 pm
User Image

Awh I get it now. =O
Thanks for clearing that up for me! ^^

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Azkeel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:20 pm
So interesting to live with fear and love. As for those feelings I had it passed just as easily. I just need to remind myself I'm being led.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:12 pm
Testicular Diabetes
User Image

So even if we are forgiven we are still going to be punished?
i thought that once we are forgiven he forgets about it because we are wiped clean of the sin...

I'm confused...

User Image

Our sins are forgotten. But do not dwell over your sins, because that is what the enemy wants. The enemy keeps our past to present but the Lord has authority to rebuke the enemy at all times! In His name, the enemy will stand behind!

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Christian friends

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items