Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mockingjay ~ a Hunger Games Guild

Back to Guilds

A little guild dedicated to 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins. 

Tags: The Hunger Games, Roleplays, Books, Suzanne Collins, Fans 

Reply The Capitol.
Songs that remind you of The Hunger Games Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-8Deleting Soon8-

Dangerous Lunatic

5,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:10 pm
The Catalyst by Linkin Park

reason:
the lyrics speak of a nation living under loaded gun well here just click the link at the bottom of my page but it reminds me of the government in the series on the inside the people are being held hostage....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51iquRYKPbs  
cutiepie660 rolled 3 100-sided dice: 94, 62, 69 Total: 225 (3-300)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:36 pm
a violin song called dragon slayer it has to be the best yet but i just played it for fun and it reminds me everytime of the hg  

cutiepie660

hiogirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:35 pm
I'm surprised no one put this yet:

Uprising by Muse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

It reminds me of Mockingjay of everyway. It's a song about rebels taking charge against the greedy, terrible, messed up society and government which is exactly what's going on in there against the Capitol. It even has that futuristic/eerie/evil sound like I would imagine it would have ^_^

[chorus]They will not force us; They will stop degrading us! They will not control us; We will be victorious!

Paranoia is in bloom, The PR transmissions will resume! They'll try to push drugs that keep us all dumbed down, And hope that We will never see the truth around (So come on!)
Interchanging mind control, Come let the revolution take it's toll! If you could flick a switch and open your third eye, You'd see that We should never be afraid to die! (So come on!)
Rise up and take the power back, It's time the fat cats had a heart attack! You know that their time's coming to an end, We have to unify and watch our flag ascend!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:03 pm
Here's my playlist so far:
Let the Flames Begin-Paramore (For when Katniss is getting ready for the parade)
The Edge of Glory-Lady Gaga (When Katniss pulls out the poison berries)
Everything-Lifehouse (This is my Peeta song about Katniss. When I hear it I think about how he thinks of her throughout the series)
Blow Me Away-Breaking Benjamin (The Hunger Games in general)
Hear Me Now-Framing Hanley (Kind of the mind set people have about the games)
Savin Me-Nickleback (When Gale is wanting to run away with Katniss)
Fences-Paramore (When Katniss is in the Capitol and has to act for the audience)
If I Die Young-The Band Perry (When Rue Dies)
In for the Kill-La Roux (Even though they have to kill, Peeta and Katniss stand with each other)
Long Live-Taylor Swift (When Katniss and Peeta win the Games)
Uprising-Muse (When the Rebellion starts)
Come Home-One Republic (Pretty much anyone missing anyone lol. Gale or Prim missing Katniss or the other way around)
I'll Be-Edwin McCain (Another Peeta and Katniss song)
Fighter-Christina Aguilera (Just fits Katniss well after she has realized that she is stronger than the Capitol and can
try to rebel)  

Audrey_La_Rouge

ninjaatmidnight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:16 pm
Well this is parody of I wanna go by Brittney Spears and its for the Hunger Games. Its basically about the love triangle between Peeta/Katniss/Gale

Click Here for the video  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:54 am
idk what its called but i stumbled upon it. it rely reminded me of the Hunger Games>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shDNaFhPiJY  

Kilio100

Dedicated Sex Symbol

11,150 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

SoccerShocker

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:58 pm
Painting Flowers - All Time Low
This song always reminds me of Peeta and Katniss  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:16 pm
I think the song called Songbird by well Glee sweatdrop reminds me of Katniss singing about Prim or Peeta and how she promises to keep them safe and how she loves them and how the songbirds are singing for them.  

xKatnissx

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Jacob 100

iRection

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:20 am
I just listened to your song and it was really good! At first though, I thought, 'this isn't really the music I quite imagined since I was reading.' Then the ending tune eerily sounded a lot like a lot of Panic! at the Disco rifts, and strangely/coincidentally they are who I usually listen to whenever I read any of The Hunger Games books. Namely, their older songs from the album "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:14 pm
Up, Up, Up by Rose Falcon
It's all about waiting for tomorrow even if right now is awful.
About never letting someone rain on your parade.
About sticking up for what you know is right.  

127devany127

Aislin Schreiber

Invisible Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:44 pm
Uprising by Muse for sure. I was listening to my iPod while reading one of the books and Uprising came up and I was like "Wow, this song is perfect for this book."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:25 am
A Few Songs Came to Mind:

"The Wings of Icarus" by Celldweller

"Like Toy Soldiers" by Eminem [iffy on this one]

"Mercy" by OneRepublic

"Syndicate" by The Fray [Reminds me of Katniss and Peeta. :I ]

"Angels On The Moon" by Thriving Ivory

"Help Is On The Way" by Rise Against

"Young" by Hollywood Undead [Well, this one is iffy too.]

"The Pretender" by Foo Fighters [The Rebellion for sure. XD]  

Guilty Crown

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MiraShio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:55 am
Here's my list of what few songs I could put together from my phone (I know, I SUCK).

1. "Grenade" by Bruno Mars. The whole deal between Peeta and Katniss in the first book.

2. "Russian Roulette" by Rihanna. Think about it. The Games are essentially like Russian Roulette. Besides, the song is so grim and dark.

3. "Defying Gravity" from Wicked. Points for being about breaking beyond boundaries. Bonus points for working with the whole Mockingjay theme.

4. "In the Dark of the Night" from Anastasia. It's pretty much President Snow's love letter to Katniss.

5. "Don't Don" by Super Junior. Greed and hypocrisy--which this song speaks out against--are what led Panem to its twisted state now anyway. Besides, the violin solo is hardcore.

Don't look at me funny.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:08 pm
"(Stronger) What Doesn't Kill You" by Kelly Clarkson. I mean listen to the first part it's like Katniss talking to Cato or the other tributes tht tried to kill her. You think you got the best of me Think you've had the last laugh Bet you think that everything good is gone Think you left me broken down Think that I'd come running back Baby you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong
And these lyrics are like when she was left alone after Rue died. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger Stand a little taller Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone What doesn't kill you makes a fighter Footsteps even lighter Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone
I know the rest of the song doesn't really fit, but this part does...I think.  

13 Mockingjay

Lonely Poster

7,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
The Capitol.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers