Dancers and Prancers unite! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:51 am
Dancing is a jolly good affair.

However, spinning provides difficulty when ones persona is Scottish, and kilts are involved.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:25 pm
Im going to start taking belly dancing this year, hopfully Ill be able to dance at the next event I go to. I know there will be danceing there I just hope I can move properly and get the right garb to belly dance.  

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

kitsunelady

Questionable Connoisseur

11,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:33 pm
I love to dance! I've even taught dance at an event once! It was hard but fun. We have dance twice a month at my local meeting, and I always go on those days! I adore dance! It's all about the Korbushka, Heralds in Love, and Rufty Tufty/Hearts Ease!!!

Eleanora de Montgomeri
aka Kit  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:53 pm
squire to fools
My favorite dance is the Koracushka*

*I can spell it this way because in-period uniformity of spelling had not yet developed. Well past the Elizabethan period, people still spelled things however it best suited them

way to be...i heart that dance so much...i teach it to helpless mundanes on the street if i have the theme stuck in my head (*evil grin)

Dea-chan

Dea Mariella

Dea Mariella

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:56 pm
i have to say, being both musician and dancer leads to interesting conflicts...for example, i love hole in the wall and [damnit...what's that dance to scotland the brave? something across water....] but these fun dances are brutal for musicians! not to mention korubushka as well...which i never lose at! biggrin no matter what side i'm on!

ok...brag fest over

Dea-chan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:24 pm
[Atropa Belladonna]
Heart's Ease and the Korabushka are my favorites. A friend of mine gets all excited because the Korabushka is done to the tetris theme song.

Posties is great too, but I can never remember the whole thing. I get lost.

Has anyone danced the Brawl Official or "Toss the Duchess"? Great fun!
That's one of my favorites!! heart Right now my group is doing alot of the later Italian dances, and they're really fun -although they're also really challenging!-

I just learned Grimstock recently, does anyone else like that dance? -I mean, how can you not? heart ...Unless you really, really hate haying. In which case I could definetly see hating it.-  

KariudoMegami

Nerienda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:28 pm
Ooooh, late-Italian dances! Yay! I'm only getting into them as well (Contentezza d'Amore, Contrapasso Nuovo, Lo Spagnoletto), and they're a great challenge.

Hearts Ease, Grimstock, Bransle Officiale, are all a lot of fun to dance as well! So is Korobushka; we just don't talk too much about it being so post-period... wink  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:57 pm
Yes, they are very fun! whee We've been doing the Contentezza d'Amore, as well as Pizzeria d'Amore -not quite sure on the spelling on that. Or most of the ones in other languages, as I don't often see them written, but mostly hear them spoken!-

We recently did Canarios, and I just couldn't get the hang of them! (The only Canario music we have is really, really fast.) The teacher of our group has been saying that we're going to learn Spagnoletto soon. And Ooooh, but I want so very badly to learn Buffins!!! whee xd

Hehe, I don't know about other groups, but mine calls both Tufty-Tufty and Hearts Ease, 'The Syke game dances'. blaugh  

KariudoMegami

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:34 pm
Has anyone seen these? Numonic words for SCA dances  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:30 am
That made me laugh.

I love English Country dances, cause they're all the same but all different. Whirligig and Heralds in Love are just too much fun. rofl  

Isildo

Nerienda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:19 pm
English Country dances are lots of fun, though it's rare whe we have enough of us together to do any of the four-couple dances (like Hyde Park and Goddesses), or the "as many as will" (like New Bo Peep and Female Sailor). Our local group's next event has a dance scheduled; I can't wait! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:11 pm
I needed to post this somewhere on the guild.
One-legged knight teaching fighters the maltese.
I was hoping to find the thread with the girl who was going to teach something to some kids; even though her class was months ago. I mentioned the maltese do her and couldn't figure out where the steps would be shown.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:56 am
That was entertaining. Not gonna lie.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:06 pm
Oh, I adore dances! Like a lot of Northshielders, I like the Black Alman a lot, but Toss-the-Wench, Horses' Bransle, and Heralds in Love all hold special places in my heart.

Oh! Any of you up in the Principality of Avacal who run into my household sister and brother, Heregyth Kettilsdottir and her lord Heinrich (whose last name, I'm ashamed to admit, is escaping me at the moment), should ask them about the "Heinrich Maneuver." mrgreen

Sarah T. Foole.  

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Sayfia

Interesting Explorer

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:40 am
My barony hosts a dance event every year, and you can find dance "cheat sheets" here http://downloads.cynnabar.org/

Hope this helps somebody!  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces