Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Feedback! - Separate threads for each section? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  Yes, sounds awesome!
  No, that's a stupid idea.
  Okay...but! (you give us suggestions lol )
View Results

ll M E E P U ll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:40 pm
I glow tracking thread, Good idea, definitely something to consider! As for the micro managing, remember it's not 3 people running a site, but a large, and good staff running this guild. So we'll have more people available to help. As for low lag threads, we'll see to the best we can do. This will be a lot of work and a work in process, almost a slowly improving idea, so we'll go with the flow so to speak
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:44 pm
I wonder if there was a way to stop the jpeg images from loading here in a thread to help reduce the lag for the slower computers? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just brainstorming out loud.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

ll M E E P U ll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:46 pm
There might be a way, but that might require some kind of script from greasemonkey, and unfortunately I do not write those,
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:48 pm
azndreams
I wonder if there was a way to stop the jpeg images from loading here in a thread to help reduce the lag for the slower computers? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just brainstorming out loud.

The first things that come to my mind is use adblock (once you find a thread that you like, go throught the pages blocking the images .. you can turn them on again on adblock settings)

Or indeed, a script  

The stepfather of lies

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:49 pm
Okay cool thanks MEEPU and yeah Mermaider I thought about the adblock, but I was thinking something already written in for the lazy people. Ha ha.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:29 pm
ll P W E E P ll
Blood Pop
Would it be good to have them as "low-lag" threads? Or would that be to much of a hassle? >.> 'Cause I think the whole point of DMv2 was that it didn't lag. ^ ^"

We are looking at ways to reduce the lag. There is an option when posting in guilds if you want to add your signature or not, so users would have to choose not to, to post. If you have suggestions, let us know!
User Image

I have my settings to only display in the signature of the user their tank and that's it, and also have this other script to block most of the crap signatures from sponsors or those ones about car licence among other stuff.

But at the end that decision is up to the user.

Mermaider
azndreams

The first things that come to my mind is use adblock (once you find a thread that you like, go throught the pages blocking the images .. you can turn them on again on adblock settings)

Or indeed, a script

AdBlock Plus is the way to go, because with the script you only hide those elements, while with Adblock you Block them from the page, so you won't spend time,bandwith loading that stuff, you can block almost everything and you can also block sounds & decoration of the tanks so that's a really improve against lag when you are surfing a thread full with tanks.  

WAF

Kanokos Nightmares

7,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:36 pm
When I first talked to es about it two days ago I asked him if I could help organize seperate threads for each section on DM. I volinteered to PM every user if I had to to get them to post, so we can keep DM alive. C:

I still stand to offering my help in this situation.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:38 pm
Kanokos Nightmares
When I first talked to es about it two days ago I asked him if I could help organize seperate threads for each section on DM. I volinteered to PM every user if I had to to get them to post, so we can keep DM alive. C:

I still stand to offering my help in this situation.

We definitely appreciate it! Once we have some more updates on it, we'll let you know. Since you are crew, we can make a topic in the crew forum and see who all would be interested in setting things up. We need things concrete before continuing. If you'd like, you can make the topic. =)
User Image

ll P W E E P ll

Kanokos Nightmares

7,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:39 pm
I also think we shoudl ask they use a special post format, so it looks neat and uniform.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:39 pm
Kanokos Nightmares
I also think we shoudl ask they use a special post format, so it looks neat and uniform.

Indeed, we'll work on that privately at a later time, within the crew forum!
User Image

ll P W E E P ll

Kanokos Nightmares

7,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:41 pm
OH, and with direct links to tanks and stuff. razz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:46 pm
Didn't mean to double post, and I posted in the crew lounge :]

Kanokos Nightmares

7,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

A_Smile_2_Die_For

Darling

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:49 pm
I say go for it, if Gaia can't handle there being an outside website for Booty Grab then you can just do what other people have done and keep the Tanks inside Gaia.

Do whatever you guys can do to keep Dolphin Mania alive heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:51 pm
A_Smile_2_Die_For
I say go for it, if Gaia can't handle there being an outside website for Booty Grab then you can just do what other people have done and keep the Tanks inside Gaia.

Trust me, we're got plenty of cranks turning and ideas forming. It may take a week or so, but you'll see progress!
User Image

ll P W E E P ll

A_Smile_2_Die_For

Darling

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:57 pm
ll P W E E P ll
A_Smile_2_Die_For

Trust me, we're got plenty of cranks turning and ideas forming. It may take a week or so, but you'll see progress!
User Image

Good :3  
Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas