Welcome to Gaia! ::

Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Back to Guilds

Guild to teach, learn or talk about japanese language and culture 

Tags: Anime, Contest, Japanese, Giveaway, Free 

Reply Passport Japan日本のパスポート
Why did/are you learning Japanese? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It was...
anime~ ;D
36%
 36%  [ 50 ]
other. ^w^
63%
 63%  [ 86 ]
Total Votes : 136

LittleKaiju

Questionable Browser

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:48 pm
@augi;; oh! That's good! No one pays~I like it!

My senior year is this august, and I'm hoping to apply for a semester off~
but I don't know if I'm ready... I won't have my handy Japanese translators/friends, so...
But I love Japanese high schools, not in that crazy Otaku way, but I just love the
uniforms, the desks, the clubs, the way everyone is, koukan nikki, buildings, etcetc..
Although, I'm definitely applying in college for a year at least,
and I'll be in Japan anyways next summer. But I think it would be worth it~

Sorry about that late reply!! I hope I made some sense in that~~

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:40 pm
Lets see... at first it was to better understand manga and anime however, after a while, its mythology and folklore seemed so fascinating that I now do so to better understand the subtleties of the stories through their original language. Aside from that, their culture is so interesting that it fuels me further in my interest of the language.

As far as learning goes, I'm learning via books audio instruction, and some software. Hopefully my language skills are strong enough to get by three weeks in Japan. mrgreen  

kuroikappa

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Katsuya Jyonouchi

Beloved Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:57 am
I like penpals. Sometimes they write me stuff I can't understand. I suppose it is a pretty good reason.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:25 pm
@foxy;; I agree~ <3
Do you have any penpals ?

@kuro;; I'm absolutely (beyond) fascinated by their culture, as well as their lauguage~
You're spending 3 weeks in Japan? I was only planning 2 next year. . .
What are your plans for the full 3 weeks? I'd love to expand my trip a little longer...

LittleKaiju

Questionable Browser

Father Harlot

Timid Phantom

8,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:00 pm
Whoaaa, Steph, pickin' up an exchange student, maybe? How lucky. >:'3

All I have is a native speaker friend here, but he trolls me too often.

@Foxy I kinda wish I had a pen pal. ...Then again, my penmanship is horrible.
@Kappa Ooh. I too, enjoy the folklore in Japan... though I'm too lazy to really look into it more than I know right now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:53 pm
A_n_n_a
@foxy;; I agree~ <3

@kuro;; I'm absolutely (beyond) fascinated by their culture, as well as their lauguage~
What are your plans for the full 3 weeks? I'd love to expand my trip a little longer...

I haven't planned it in full detail yet, but it all basically sums up on a tour of the major cities and some side trips to some of the rural areas and the scenic routes that come with them. biggrin  

kuroikappa

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100

Meriru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:15 am
My first reason was because of anime and manga when I was in high school, then I we had this Japanese exchange student. She got me even more interested in their culture apart from anime and manga. She taught me how to read and write hiragana and katakana. She was a really very sweet classmate. ^^

I stopped trying to learn Japanese for a few years. I recently had the urge to self-study it again. This time I got myself some Japanese penpals through Skype and MSN who help me out. I plan to work part-time in Japan Airlines when I graduate from med school which is another reason why I am studying the language. ^^

Another "shallow" reason I want to learn Japanese is because I also want to be multilingual. Lol. After Japanese, I'm going for Korean. I tried Chinese, but it was too difficult for me. The phonetics is very different.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:49 pm
kuroikappa
A_n_n_a
@foxy;; I agree~ <3

I haven't planned it in full detail yet, but it all basically sums up on a tour of the major cities and some side trips to some of the rural areas and the scenic routes that come with them. biggrin

Oh wow~
so I'm guessing you're going to Tokyo?
We originally planned to go to Osaka,
but our friends in Japan can't meet us there...
I wanted to go to Tokyo, but our families didn't like that too much.
So we're going elsewhere now~ I'm so jealous of you !!
You'll have to tell me how your trip goes~

LittleKaiju

Questionable Browser

death_eep

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:39 pm
i started to learn japanese because i thought it would be soo awesome to speak it!! i want to learn more though, so thats why i joined this guild. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:03 pm
A_n_n_a

Careful with exchange students!!
My friends' dad is a professor at a Japanese (in US) school,
and they take in students in their home all the time~
The Japanese that come here/to this college are very wealthy,
and one girl (I remember her) was bad-mouthing their family for not "attending to her needs."

That is soooo sad! I had 3 groups of two each when i was 8-12, and not a single one was rude to us at all! They were the nicest and most unspoiled people ever! So I'm so sorry he had such a horrible experience with that....

By the way, I got into Japanese because of two of those students! They hooked me on anime, culture and language in one fell swoop and left us with memories I will have forever. So, obviously my experience was good.
Now I want to be a translator because of them! So that's why I am still taking it. I also speak a little French, and I want to study German and Chinese eventually. So I just love to learn languages! I take collage classes, but it won't always be that way for me...  

Pearls of Diamonds

Invisible Borg

8,950 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

kuroikappa

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:41 pm
A_n_n_a
kuroikappa
A_n_n_a
@foxy;; I agree~ <3

Oh wow~
so I'm guessing you're going to Tokyo?
We originally planned to go to Osaka,
but our friends in Japan can't meet us there...
I wanted to go to Tokyo, but our families didn't like that too much.
So we're going elsewhere now~ I'm so jealous of you !!
You'll have to tell me how your trip goes~
sure thing. biggrin I will be keeping a detailed journal of my trip along with photos. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:35 pm
| Miss Yumi Deguchi |

User Image

Moe Moe Kyun~ | Hostess/Meido

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Here, I am at your service.
To make you feel like a Royalty.
I just wish to make you smile.

Well, I'll admit it, but anime is a reason
Video games is another reason too,
But my main reason is, my family.
I want to learn more about my grandparents,
who came to America after the war.
I live with them, so it makes learning Japanese a whole lot easier.
It makes them happy and it just makes us closer.

It's lovely when you do.
I believe it suits you Dear.
You should do it more often.

TheOuranHostess

5,500 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Lanore Vandiore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:25 am
I started to learn japanese after I took Spanish, German, and French all in the same year. I was frustraited that nothing seemed new or interesting to me. Then after my brother took Japanese and convinced me to give it a try, I got hooked.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:08 am
I started learning Japanese when my grandmother would speak to me when I was a baby. But generally, I don't remember much of those days. When I was in 3rd Grade / 4th Grade, I went to a Japanese Immersion school so I remember a few things from there. 7th Grade, took Japanese (Not that it helped..) and now, I just want to be able to be bi-lingual and converse with my grandmother as well as understanding what my grandparents / mom / aunties are saying when my grandmother is speaking in Japanese to keep me out of the conversation.  

Shimakuwa

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:26 pm
I first became interested in japanese when my elementary school had a "multicultural day" and highschool student from around the world who had been part of an exchange program at a highschool outside of our district came and gave presentations. My classroom hosted the japanese girl named Ai.

fast forward a few years, I made friends who were really into anime. After some time one of them introduced me to japanese music. Around this time i ended up having a dream that was entirely in japanese with subtitles. I think thats when i decided to learn japanese.

At this point I love the music, the movies, the culture, the language itself, and some anime/manga.  
Passport Japan日本のパスポート

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff