Welcome to Gaia! ::

ZELDA ADDICTION GUILD!!

Back to Guilds

Zelda games, Role-play, games and contests. 

Tags: Zelda, Game, Contests, Nintendo, Link 

Reply Memorable Topics
About owning a real master sword Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OisinOfTheFiana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:46 pm
lol, yeah, but I would rather have a unique sword rather then a copy. Anyway, I don't like the style of the master sword. Not the way it looks, but the practical side of it. Long swords are over rated in general.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:46 am
dunno if the master sword would be considered a long sword, I would think it's more of a broad or b*****d sword.  

Xelinor
Crew

Kristina Hitori
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Duck

23,165 Points
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:02 am
Mmm.....by the looks of it, the one on the game looks like a long sword, however, the ones made are more like broadswords...o.O

Well.....o.o mine is a broadsword. The blade is as long as my entire longsword.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:08 am
A Broad or b*****d sword fall under the general term of Long Sword, which is what Im using them under. Allow me to rephrase my statement. Swords of long length are over rated in general.

A Short Sword with a shield, or two Short Swords, would be able to defeat a Long Sword any day. As long as your faster then the other guy the Short Swords is always superior and since it is by far easier to be faster with a Short Sword then with a Long Sword I say Short Sword rules all.

Now the reasons for not picking a Dagger rather then a Short Sword are also simple. As long as the weapon you are using weights less then your arm then you don't need to make it lighter. The only extra speed advantage you would get would be in slowing down your weapon rather then swinging. Someone well trained can used their Short Sword's momentum to their advantage, anyway. As long as the weapon is not to heavy then it is reasonable.

Spears take the purpose of Long Swords away by making a long ranged close handed weapon, only with more control and thrusting power then a Long Sword can have, because of how you grip it.  

OisinOfTheFiana

~Nitemare_Banchee~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:18 am
i am soo close to getting one! i have like 1500 dollars saved up!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:01 am
Well if you're gonna talk about effectiveness in battle, I'd use a gun. But this is just about having a sword that resembles the Master Sword, not which one would be best to use in battle. Those good old days were over about 1000 years ago. And I'm not sure if the Master Sword can fall under Long Sword if your definition of a Long Sword is only the sword without a shield. C'mon, every single Zelda game has Link with the sword and the sheild. The only one I can think of that would fit in your description of a Long Sword would be the Biggoron Sword, and it's more of a giganta-sword than a Long Sword.

But there's no use arguing (I don't really know about this stuff myself), the point is, the Master Sword would be pretty sweet to have.

(My first post here in this game! Whoo!)

VietMonk

Chi Motosua
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:48 pm
ShadowEdogawa
Long, long ago, about a year or two, this man send a note to a blacksmith in England. He sent the blacksmith pictures of the Master Sword at different angles, and about a one month...or, three month wait, the man got a response. The blacksmith had forged the Master Sword. It cost over $3,000 to buy in U.S money, but the man paid up anyway.

That man owns a true replica of a Master Sword, and not a mere toy/sword with dull blade.

Wow the mans lucky! I have a real Sword but its not the Master Sword, but its a real celtic one 3nodding now if only I new how to use it xd I also have a real wooden Bow, but I only have 3 aerrows, but I know how to use the Bow...I just need to work on my aim sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:56 pm
I would like buy one...If I had the money of course... sweatdrop  

purplegaby

ryushi6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:36 pm
anyone have a place where I can actualy buy one  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:35 pm
Ebay. The group that mass produces those swords is SuperSwordCenter....o.x  

Kristina Hitori
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Duck

23,165 Points
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Xelinor
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:02 pm
hate to say it, but I havent seen SuperSwordCenter on ebay for a while now.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:40 am
Seriously? O_x The SuperSwordCenter people were actually selling stuff over at Megacon...which was about last month.

o_x That's where I got my sheild...yay.

Kristina Hitori
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Duck

23,165 Points
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Xelinor
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:28 am
holy crap! you got a sheild now? 0_0

I totally need to see that when I come down there for summer 0_0  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:04 am
XD yeah...I got a shield. But they made the insignia wrong.....>_> Ah well...XD  

Kristina Hitori
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Duck

23,165 Points
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100

nizzy669

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:48 am
hey
im sorry but i dun want a master sword. i WANT THE GREAT FAIRIES SWORD. dont u agree thats way cool. it's way stronger than the master sword and it has black roses eched ino its blade. muahahahahaha.
great fairies sword=WORLD DOMINATION twisted  
Memorable Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces