I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
My brain needs to stop doing this to me... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is "Be Our Guest" a little more sinister now?
  :talk2hand: THAT'S not disturbing
  Rule 34 rocks!
  I wonder if she uses Lumiere while performing her "work"
  Or the French Maid
  I said STOP IT ALREADY, brain!
  ...Er... Poll whore?
View Results

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:37 pm
Ok so my internet issues will probably get mad at me for posting on Gaia (my signal seems to drop down to like almost nothing after I post gonk ) but I just had to say...

wakusei
Disney defensive mode...initiate!

lol I love you Waku~  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:33 pm
As for OTHER meandering thoughts...

When I was without my Music for a workday my mind supplied the following.

Vampires have no visible reflection. How is it that they are perfectly quaffed at all times, even after battling the vampire hunters? It's possible that they have an aura of illusion to trick the minds of those that see them into BELIEVING they are seeing something beautiful, but the Hunters steel their minds to block that kind of influence...

The common argument that I get is thus,

Quote:
Vampires retain the image of themselves of when they were bitten

But that also doesn't make sense... not EVERYONE has perfect hair, and the hair can't be indestructible... So where are the vampires that have bed head? Do they constantly have to comb their hair in the morning? But they have no REFLECTION! Maybe they have servants? Then where do the servants hide during the battles?  

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:57 am
Miss-dark8607
Is it just me or did he look better as a beast than human? confused

I am soo glad I'm not the only one who thought this! XD Sadly though the Beast "Barbie" had a really ugly head either way... and really terrible hair... funny what ancient childhood thoughts stay with you, right?!

But ladies, think of the supposed time period we are talking about here. And 11 year old boy would already be on the threshold of adulthood in the those olden days so what is so weird about his being in charge of his household (actually you'd think Cogsworth, who seems to be the head servant would be the real person in charge and the young prince just a figure head)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:40 am
If the prince is a prince, he should have parents though, no? Or else he'd probably be king.

But then I guess you'd have to wonder what he rules over, anyway. No one even seemed to know a castle was there. So it's not like he's was really doing any actual ruling.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:43 am
I've constantly wondered about the Prince's age when the enchantment is put on the castle. He must have aged between rejecting the enchantress and the time of the movie because the rose is aging with him. Yes he is 20 most of the movie, but ten years they're been rusting would still make him 10 or 11 during the time of the enchantress. It doesn't make sense!! I have a feeling many he DOESN'T have parents...or they're not in the picture. In history there has been a constant problem with spoiling young boys in power when they grow up being waited on constantly by servants. Think P'u Yi, the last emperor of China or even the childhood of the 14th Dalai Lama at first until he matured. Maybe I'm off...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:57 am
wakusei
If the prince is a prince, he should have parents though, no? Or else he'd probably be king.

But then I guess you'd have to wonder what he rules over, anyway. No one even seemed to know a castle was there. So it's not like he's was really doing any actual ruling.

Other than in the "fairy-tale narration" at the beginning, did it ever say he was a prince? (I'm curious now...) If it was just there, it could be, ah, literary license. smile He could, after all, be an ennobled landholder (with a fabulous castle)... lol  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:05 pm
Ok so I wiki'd things (oh yes, because wikipedia is such a reliable source, but whatever. It's convenient.) and in one of the versions, the Beast's father had died and his mum was off waging war or something (that kinda confused me but whatever). Of course, in this version, he's also left in the care of an evil fairy that tries to seduce him. Oh and Belle is the daughter of a king and a (good) fairy in that version too.....

Also, you've got to wonder if time progressed normally for them. Because if the entire castle is enchanted, then why not time as well? I only bring this up because I know in one version of Sleeping Beauty, when she pricks her finger on the spindle, a good fairy puts the entire castle under an enchantment that not only puts everyone to sleep, but sorta freezes it in time for a hundred years (when the Prince pops up to save the day).

....In retrospect, nothing I've typed is even remotely helpful.
Shut up, I just got out of Mythology, I've got folklore on mah mind >.<

Also, randominmity: while I was typing this up, a song from the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast popped up on Pandora =3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:46 pm
I always thought it was a time freezes thing going on.

A prince is the ruler head of a princedom, which is usually small. They can be handed off to younger brothers to keep them happy. Maybe his brother is the King of France?

I'm making the last thing up. I have no idea. But it would explain why no one even knows he existed.

Kalib

Dangerous Admirer

13,365 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers