Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Have sword, good to go. 2/2 [4e] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:09 pm
Master Brin
If I can make the request, I would also like to put in my request for a position in your game smile

Brin, what would you want to play? It looks like there's already a Cleric (leader), Wizard (controller), Assassin (I presume its a striker?), and Paladin (defender).  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:12 pm
Spork, what's our character creation process? Roll? Point buy? Also, standard starting gear for 1st level characters?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:27 pm
Rain Yupa
Spork, what's our character creation process? Roll? Point buy? Also, standard starting gear for 1st level characters?
oh, right, 22 point buy as per PHB. standard 100g for starting gear.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:42 am
Current character ideas, I'd be willing to play:

Thrown weapon Seeker (Controller)
Casty Druid (Controller)
Avenger of Love (Striker)
Either the thunder or thane Barbarian (Striker)
Bashy Rogue (Striker)
Shooty Ranger that does NOT focus on Interrupts (Striker)
Warden damage sponge (Defender)

I was leaning away from Leader, since JD expressed interest in it, and if Bren ends up not playing or something. Or if Bren plays a leader.

From what it looked like, the Cleric is Melee, the Paladin is melee, the Assassin is sort of melee, and the Wizard is sort of damage-dealy. So another ranged character wouldn't be bad. But I dunno how much damage output there is in melee, either. Hmm...

I hate indecision gonk

I would say I'd be leaning towards Seeker or Barbarian atm, though.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:15 am
Well I should be averaging 11 points of damage. The wizard averages about 8 in ranged, so we could certainly use some more direct damage. War Locks are phenomenal direct damage and capable of off tanking too. Can avenger's heal? Idunno... Anyways...

Ranged damage should be a priority of some kind. Or possibly moooowwwrrr healz! Because I apparently have 13 fricken heals.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:31 pm
Rain Yupa
Current character ideas, I'd be willing to play:

Thrown weapon Seeker (Controller)
Casty Druid (Controller)
Avenger of Love (Striker)
Either the thunder or thane Barbarian (Striker)
Bashy Rogue (Striker)
Shooty Ranger that does NOT focus on Interrupts (Striker)
Warden damage sponge (Defender)

I was leaning away from Leader, since JD expressed interest in it, and if Bren ends up not playing or something. Or if Bren plays a leader.

From what it looked like, the Cleric is Melee, the Paladin is melee, the Assassin is sort of melee, and the Wizard is sort of damage-dealy. So another ranged character wouldn't be bad. But I dunno how much damage output there is in melee, either. Hmm...

I hate indecision gonk

I would say I'd be leaning towards Seeker or Barbarian atm, though.
the assassin is mostly melee, he has one or two ranged attacks, one of which pulls monsters into melee. the whole class is primarily melee focused, with a lot of maneuverability.

I haven't looked at the seeker too strongly, but one that focuses on the control elements would probably be a nice tag-team with arc's currently more blastery wizard, and an extra striker's always welcome if you prefer the barbarian. Though, that's just my take on the party. Also I find it a bit ironic that barbarian, seeker and paladin are all characters we've had that disappeared and at least two of them might be showing up again.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:36 pm
Maybe, just maybe, they've never left in the first place.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:20 pm
I would suggest someone being a leader, or taking the Paladin who has his/her lay on hands, since my cleric isn't exactly focused on healz, which Wrasynth found out the hard way sweatdrop I have my two healz per encounter obviosuly, but I haven't got any feats or items to help with healing, and my powers are based on attacking, since Ultio (my character) is a battle cleric. So yeah, a leader or at least someone else with healz would be good, coz I won't be able to heal a party of 6, nooooooooooo way.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:43 pm
I'm done my spunky teenage Seeker, save for the background. I mean, I figured with a Cleric, a Paladin, and either JD or Brin both having the likelihood of playing a leader, I'd be all set.

Not that I wouldn't mind playing one, since Leader is my preferred role, but it normally gets called so I'm content playing something else ^-^'

Yeah, I went and chose powers that were mostly controller-esque in nature, rather than the more damagey ones. She uses daggers, instead of heftier weapons like javelins, tridents, or tratnyrs. Why Seekers aren't naturally proficient with hand axes and/or throwing hammers is beyond me.

It's getting me a +8 to hit without an 18 in my primary, though. Yay!

Making dinner now, but I'm still hoping to hear back from Brin about what kind of character he wanted, since I'm still eager and willing to play a Barb or a Leader as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:37 pm
Jasmine Carthwright, though pending on the other player's decision.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:39 pm
NayrVentess
I would suggest someone being a leader, or taking the Paladin who has his/her lay on hands, since my cleric isn't exactly focused on healz, which Wrasynth found out the hard way sweatdrop I have my two healz per encounter obviosuly, but I haven't got any feats or items to help with healing, and my powers are based on attacking, since Ultio (my character) is a battle cleric. So yeah, a leader or at least someone else with healz would be good, coz I won't be able to heal a party of 6, nooooooooooo way.

If I end up not playing Jasmine, but instead the Barbarian, I'll probably make it a Half-Elf, and take Recovery Strike (DP,p31) as my Dilettante power. Or, if I end up with that tactical warlord I always wanted to play, even more healing than that 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:57 pm
I like Jasmine, she seems cool and her background is good. I have a hope that our backgrounds might me intertwined ninja  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:26 pm
I left it as open-ended as I could for DM purposes ^-^  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:15 pm
She's 17 and still hasn't filled out her figure yet? There are late bloomers, but odds are she has a tight build due to being an agile adventurer subsisting on what she can gather in her travels.

I'm sure whatever killed her elfdad is related somehow to the massive destruction that leveled Kradh's city.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:25 pm
She is extremely fit (on account of the decent Con and Str scores), so most of what she has is muscle. If she did the anorexic D20 Modern-esque girl thing, I'm sure it'd be more noticeable.

Needless to say, I didn't want her to be "womanly", but the potential to grow into such a role later on.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff