Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Video Games = Fun way to learn
  History
  Science
  Literature
  >:) How to make explosives with household products (My DS Arson Coach!)
View Results

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:31 pm
They usually have a couple here, I've thought about getting one for trading with myself. But that will wait until I get my DSi XL... eventually. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:36 pm
lol. yeah. That's why I still have my DSLite...I still play the GBA versions, and I still take advantage of the dual slot function.

And it's better than having to ask my sister or cousin if I could borrow theirs...gets tedious.

As does managing two different chargers -_-  

Arcanas

Hunter

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:55 pm
I'll manage -your- charger. :3

And $70 for a DS Lite? Wtfudge? That's way below list price. That's the price of a used or refurbished system. >_>  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:56 pm
I think that's what he's referring to.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:00 pm
Right, Yeah. Forgot to mention that. I usually go used, and get the PRP plan with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:03 pm
Well, in my experience, most of the used systems I've gotten have been in excellent condition, aside from one of the 360's I have -_-  

Arcanas

Hunter

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:43 pm
Alarias
I don't need to learn how to cook. We've got a microwave smile

But, yeah I'd really like some kind of video game that teaches you to play piano. Maybe they already have one. I don't know ._.

Anyways, learning new stuff is good. ^_^
Good luck with the lessons.

Actually, they do. It's called " Synthesia " , and it can be used with a USB / MIDI keyboard, or just with your normal computer keyboard if you're not sure if you want to go out and purchase a USB / MIDI keyboard. Some people release some pretty bad a** songs on it, an example of that would be " Bloody Tears " from the Castlevania series of games.

For the DS format, if you wanted to learn languages, there's a game called " My Japanese Coach " ( and many other coach titles depending on the language you wish to learn ) that could be of use. I don't know how well those games work though, as I've never used them, and opt instead to work on LiveMocha to when I wish to work with other languages.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:47 pm
Well, then I guess there is hope for me to become a musician after all lol  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:57 am
Personally, I think it'd be cool if they had some DS titles that were like...interactive history lessons. I find history very interesting, but I have a hard time paying attention to people talking about it. I'd remember it better with an interactive experience.

One "learning game" that I saw that looked like kinda a failure was some magic themed one for the DS. It was supposed to teach you how to do magic tricks, but I couldn't understand how that would be any more helpful than a book. xp Maybe I'm wrong and it's very useful, but it didn't seem very practical to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:10 am
That's an awesome poll ^^

I have learned from videogames how to drift a cart (Mariokart)...and not much else...  

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:57 pm
emmmahy

I have learned from videogames how to drift a cart (Mariokart)...and not much else...

xd Oh yeah, that's how I learned what "drafting" is.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:56 pm
Kyla_Ewens
emmmahy

xd Oh yeah, that's how I learned what "drafting" is.

Me too xd

I love Mariokart (I play it on a GameCube, attached to a hugescreen tv heart )  

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:57 pm
It's what people call "edutainment" and that cooking game sounds exactly like what I need. I cannot cook to save my life and my mum keeps saying that at my age I really need to learn. (And she's right.)

I would love to have a DS but I simply cannot afford it. EB Games lists the DSi XL (plus "free" game) as $298 and the DSi as $197. I just don't have that kind of spare cash. Not to mention that games here are expensive. It costs an arm and a leg to be a gamer in Australia, I swear.

I think that I'll be checking out that Synthesia, too. wink  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces