Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D Discussion: What do YOU base your character concepts on? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:30 pm
Arc Vembris
I'm gonna have to listen to these tracks, won't I? Or are these common enough songs that I'd have heard them?
Portions of it, yah, you have to listen xP
They're short enough tracks - Justice's debut album, Cross (or + )

Tell ya what - i'll take two off of your hands. i call Stress and Waters of Nazareth.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:13 pm
There IS an alternate track you can go for, Arc. Just one.

Carpates by Justice. The title actually refers to the Carpathian Mountain area.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:10 pm
Okay, finally listened to the first one.

Justice - Genesis. I'd say a dwarven vestige'lock Hex hammer if you got it.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:02 pm
I approach it from a couple of angles. If there's a class that I'm sort of dying to play, I'll see what kind of personality I can whip up to work with it. If there's something the party needs, I'll put something together to fill that need (I have enough ideas, I can easily play a bunch of different concepts and still have fun). Sometimes I have a personality I want that just naturally "clicks" with a class or mechanic that I'll use for it. Oftentimes, I'll go through several potential choices before finally settling down - I must have rebuilt a couple of my characters a dozen times before the campaign finally started.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

JinKazamaru

2,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:34 am
Media, or fun exploits of the rules... sometimes just personal wants
or trying my best to find the character that best fits my play style... I have found I'm abit of a cleric/rogue... helpful but tactical  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:01 am
Normally it's a 'hmm... this would be fun' or I get stuck with being the last guy so I have to make a certain type. But as for the character's personalities... I may have a base idea, but it normally happens that I get kind of surprised by them too. Makes me wonder if I'm not just slightly insane when a character I make does something that makes me stop and reread it going "Wait... what... why the hell..." type of thing.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Seiryna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:36 am
Raganui Minamoto
Normally it's a 'hmm... this would be fun' or I get stuck with being the last guy so I have to make a certain type. But as for the character's personalities... I may have a base idea, but it normally happens that I get kind of surprised by them too. Makes me wonder if I'm not just slightly insane when a character I make does something that makes me stop and reread it going "Wait... what... why the hell..." type of thing.

This happens to me all the time.... my character just like gets in to my head and takes on a full life of her own. some people say this just means I really like my character, and makes me a better RPer, others just say it makes a crazy insane person that's played D&D too much...is that even possible? too much D&D? the very idea is blasphemy....  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:23 pm
Depends on myself. I usualy grab a concept and try to work with both the classes and the rest to make what I think will be a fun and interesting charrie.

I have a Gnome Wizard who I decided, just on a whim, to make him learn the fiddle. Just because, even with cross class skills being the kick in the head they are.

I run idea's that I think would be interesting to play. But I always try and have a good character behind it, it may change over the course of the creation, but it will still be a full person to me.

I was an RPer long before D&D, so my charries personalaties are important to me =3 Just as much as classes.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items