Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:47 am
Kalstolyn
Kals is questing again!

Sav, I still can't believe they give you synthetic opiates for having your wisdom teeth out. Apparently they hand out painkillers like candy in the States. Here, you get Tylenol 3.

Check sig for details!

Sounds like jealousy to me. They gave my Tylenol 3 too in case you where wondering.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:13 am
IT SOUNDS HORRIBLE! getting a tooth pulled that it. Just a heads up, you can hear cracking and snapping as they loosen the tooth, however you can't feel any pain. I had my one wisdom taken out last Monday... I still find myself trying to fish food out of the hole.

No one told me this until I was trying to drink out of a bottle but don't suck on anything! You could suck the blood clot out of the hole and then you're in for a world of pain. I was rather pissed that the dentist didn't tell me that. I was also pissed that he didn't tell me that anything cold near that would shock the nerves something awful! Oh and if you're playing with frozen parts on your face... don't poke or prod too hard... you'll feel it after. No one told me that one until my face hurt after.  

God-Raped-Me

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:08 am
I had a toot pulled last tuesday top left, 7th tooth (the one in front of le wisdom tooth)
he used local anastehtics but I could feel the tooth being pulled through it... it hurt... a lot
more than anything I've ever felt before xP

Like GRM I still fish food out of the hole at odd times (water after every meal) but the blood clot thing.. never happened to me, as in ripping it loose.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:22 pm
GRM: You were awake during the thing? O.O
And I had like 4 adult teeth pulled out prior to getting braces on (and I was awake but numbed during that one) and there was no cracking or snapping. Maybe the tooth broke for you or something...

And when I had my wisdom teeth taken out, the very first thing the surgeon told me (or my folks rather since I was still all 'whoa' from being knocked out) was not to suck on anything for like a week. That included soup (which sucked).

In short, your oral surgeon/dentist/whoever the hell did it for you sounds horrible, GRM. Just saying.

invisible-weirdo

Bassios

6,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:40 pm
My wisdom teeth are almost completely through. I didn't feel them coming through unless I poked them. Which I didn't do that often.

When I was in year 4 in school (I think it equates to 4th grade, but I really don't know) I had to have 8 teeth (in total) removed, top and bottom, both sides. I went under general anaesthetic for that one.

A few years ago I had to have another 4 (in total) taken out, one on each side on both top and bottom jaw. This was for my braces. I only had a local anaesthetic for that one. That one hurt like a b***h 'cause I felt the needle go in even though they'd put some stuff on it to numb the gum.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:26 am
Ya they froze the whole area. ******** those needles hurt like a b***h! The tooth came out whole, maybe it's just where it was in the mouth that made the cracking noise.

I really don't want to have anymore teeth pulled though. Having a tooth missing feels weird in my mouth and the hole in my gums makes me want to vomit when I run my tongue over it!  

God-Raped-Me

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:21 pm
I'll paint you mornings of gold,
I'll spin you Valentine evenings...

I keep telling my parents that I want to enjoy food for as long as I can before I have the procedure because of the soft food diet. My mom backfires with a, "Who says? People heal differently."

I know she does have a point, but I am expecting to be eating mashed potatoes and applesauce for at least two weeks.

Also, ya'll's stories about tooth pulling sound scary. eek

Though we're strangers till now,
We're choosing a path between the stars.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:27 pm
The oral surgeon/dentist/whatever will probably recommend to stay on a soft food diet for at the very least a week so you don't mess with the holes or risk infection or whatever. Mine did at the very least...

And try not to get all scared. It's really not that bad so long as you take your meds...

invisible-weirdo

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Lmao, we have a guy coming to the house to fix mom's computer next Thursday, the day after my dealio and I told her that I wouldn't have to worry about being woken up.

She's all, "You're definitely going to take your perscription. That's if you get one." My mom thinks I'm going to be pain free. Whatever. whee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:30 pm
My, she's optimistic XP  

invisible-weirdo

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:31 pm
More like she's a loon...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:34 pm
Arcanas
More like she's a loon...

Exactly.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:42 pm
Well....yeah ok your mom's insane Chex.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:46 pm
lol. That's putting it lightly.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:18 am
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

Today's the day, guys~

My need for food is already starting to kick in and I'm starting to become nervous. I'm anticipating a knarly headache when I come out of anaethesia.

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas