Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art Freebie Land! Artists of All Skill Levels!

Back to Guilds

We allow all artists to improve their skills by drawing users in a friendly atmosphere 

Tags: Arts, Freebies, Art Freebies, Contests, Artists 

Reply Freebie Land: Artist Listings! (Welcome!)
Team Crest/ A Manga Project - come check it outtt Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you thinking about joining this project?
  Yes
  No
  I'm not good enough and or Worthy
View Results

KeannaRoar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:05 am
I have some solid storyline ideas, as well as some differing character descriptions to add to this. Would this group be open to hearing varying ideas on the same plot tidbits we've been provided?

Also, should this group be looking for an inker, I might be able to provide it, depending on the art provided.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:55 pm
Dark and Brooding?
As of right now..the project hasn't gone much of anywhere I had to go for a week to do school work and then life caught up to me for a bit, if anyone is still willing to do ANYTHING for this project please message me.
or mysterious and sexy?

Iaruk

Aged Giver

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Androphile

6,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:12 pm
Iaruk
Dark and Brooding?
As of right now..the project hasn't gone much of anywhere I had to go for a week to do school work and then life caught up to me for a bit, if anyone is still willing to do ANYTHING for this project please message me.
or mysterious and sexy?

Are your Dark and Brooding/Mysterious and sexy quotes from Grey's Anatomy o.o  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:59 pm
Androphile
Iaruk
Dark and Brooding?
or mysterious and sexy?

Are your Dark and Brooding/Mysterious and sexy quotes from Grey's Anatomy o.o
Dark and Brooding?

Nope, never seen or heard of it biggrin
or mysterious and sexy?

Iaruk

Aged Giver

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Member 100

Amazon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:42 pm
I think you're biting off more than you can chew here. I'd recommend streamlining the plot and character list. Everyone wants to make an epic story, but it's a lot of work, especially if you're working with a bunch of people you don't know.

I thought about signing up for this, I'm planning on making a comic anyway this summer, but I know I would be incredibly picky and a tad bit bossy  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 pm
Hey if you guys need any color fx give me a ring and I'll show you some of the stuff I've done  

emoman

Iaruk

Aged Giver

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:26 pm
Amazon
I think you're biting off more than you can chew here. I'd recommend streamlining the plot and character list. Everyone wants to make an epic story, but it's a lot of work, especially if you're working with a bunch of people you don't know.

I thought about signing up for this, I'm planning on making a comic anyway this summer, but I know I would be incredibly picky and a tad bit bossy
Dark and Brooding?

Maybe, but I see it more as a learning experience, as for the plot I have a simple direction if anyone wants to make it more elaborate, go ahead and just ask me for it! The characters I wanna sit down with everyone and discuss, what I have up is what I see them as, but I'm willing to hear what the other have to say for them, and I think I might organize a meeting for everyone who is interested in doing this. Also do to your last sentence..where you say your bossy and picky, that'd be good as I am sorta layed back and it'd be a great contrast.
or mysterious and sexy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:57 pm
I'm suggesting maybe going from 8 main characters to like... 4. Eight is a lot of characters, and if the art isn't strong enough they might get confusing and lost. Plus from a plot perspective, that's just a lot of stories to deal with. I'd aim for four well rounded characters to start with, and if you think more are do-able add them later.

And when I mean bossy, I mean bossy. sweatdrop Style, panels, story... I will want in on all of it, and if I feel it isn't up to snuff I'll be redlining and adjusting. I might take the fun out of a fun project. I don't mean to sound arrogant (I've come a long way in a year, but I'm far from awesone) just... picky. sweatdrop  

Amazon

Iaruk

Aged Giver

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:09 pm
Dark and Brooding?
Hey it is what it is, if this can be good then we have to make it tough, and I agree, only about 4 of them will be good guys and I only planned about 5-6 to be there right out in the begining anyway.
or mysterious and sexy?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:56 pm
I guess before I get too ahead of myself, here's my gallery take a looksie and see if my style works for what you have in mind. It's not anime, so that does occassionally turn people off.  

Amazon

Iaruk

Aged Giver

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:43 pm
Dark and Brooding?
Hrmm I like it and I'm sure once we get this underway everything we don't have nailed down will be, and I'm sure we're gonna use different artists in the begining just to see what others enjoy, Ama mind doing a strip of the comic/manga? I wanna see how you see it? I would love for others interested to write a short story or do a strip on how YOU think the characters and or story should be, post them here and we'll all discuss them
or mysterious and sexy?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:05 pm
Okay, see when I said I wanted to do a comic this summer, I meant this summer. I'm currently trying to shake off tendonitis in both arms right now. Any intensive drawing isn't going to happen for a while. I can still provide feedback and critique. I'm blunt, but I'm honest and I'll do what I can to help.

If we're trying out different artists and seeing what others enjoy, what does this mean, exactly? Is one person going to be doing the bulk of the work once we decide whose style is the most popular? Doesn't that go against choosing people to be lead artists?

And secondly, see how I see what, exactly? Right now all you have is a vague concept. I'd rather figure out more story stuff (world and rules, characters and personalities) before I even attempt something. Unless you just want to know if I can make a proper comic page or not?  

Amazon

Iaruk

Aged Giver

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:29 pm
Amazon
Okay, see when I said I wanted to do a comic this summer, I meant this summer. I'm currently trying to shake off tendonitis in both arms right now. Any intensive drawing isn't going to happen for a while. I can still provide feedback and critique. I'm blunt, but I'm honest and I'll do what I can to help.

If we're trying out different artists and seeing what others enjoy, what does this mean, exactly? Is one person going to be doing the bulk of the work once we decide whose style is the most popular? Doesn't that go against choosing people to be lead artists?

And secondly, see how I see what, exactly? Right now all you have is a vague concept. I'd rather figure out more story stuff (world and rules, characters and personalities) before I even attempt something. Unless you just want to know if I can make a proper comic page or not?
Dark and Brooding?

Hrmm...Your right.. and I hope your arms get better.

Ok umm Imma be gone for a bit today and I'm gonna try to refine the characters and get down a story. Anything in particular you suggest about the characters?
or mysterious and sexy?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:41 pm
Other than cutting them down in half? sweatdrop

I'd like some rules for the world. What do their powers do, what can they not do, that sort of thing. Also what time period is this world? What kind of tech do they have? How common is magic?  

Amazon

SirSka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

Earth, Fire and Light chracter ideas.  
Freebie Land: Artist Listings! (Welcome!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games