Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Let Sleeping Bassilgard Lay [3.5 DnD 8/4-8 players] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gestalt, or no gestalt?
  Gestalt
  No Gestalt
  What?
View Results

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:06 pm
Oh, the irony. I was recently talking about how I've wanted to play a gestalt character. If you end up going with that, I'm in.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:40 am
I'm thinking of a Warforged Shadowcaster/Warblade. What kinds of things do I need to explain to you about Shadowcasters and Warblades? And are warforged an ok race to use of course.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Eric-dono

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:03 am
@Rock: Yes, I think it would help if you rolled the right dice, and nice rolls!

@Glitter: I'll have to look these over a little more closely, but from what I've taken a look at, at least the Halberdier and Marksman seem to be okay-ish. I'll let you know when I've come upon a final decision. Just go ahead and roll your stats if you want.

@Bama: Well by the looks of it, you guys have voted 4 for gestalt/2 for no (on of the yes's I know are mine anyways...) So far it looks like we'll be going gestalt.

@Arc: Okay, quite frankly its at least the stances and shadow magic/secrets [if I remember right], not sure as to why I just can't get the grasp on them but I can't. A warforged is okay for a races actually. One of my last editions for this game had a warforged fighter if I remember correctly.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:17 am
I'm hoping to run a Wizard/Truenamer.

The basic mechanics of the namer are buggered. But I have a tweeked/fixed version here that I was hoping to use. Same stuff mostly, just fixes to make the class playable.

I'm gonna upload it somewhere and send a link

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Eric-dono

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:29 am
@Rock: You seem to always want to play a truenamer don't you? Well, after looking at your link I think I can allow it. (not 100% sure, but I want to allow it for the entertainment factor. sweatdrop ) Just don't think you'll be figuring out Basilgarrd's name anytime soon. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:32 am
The true namer is an awsome class, just the basic mechanics are crap >_>

Plus this is a good way to get the best from the class I reacon =3 It has some really fun abilities. The Wizard's versatility should prove highly usfull as well n.n

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Eric-dono

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:55 am
Well for the sake of fun, I'll allow it. Just don't try and overpower the monsters TOO much! xd
-I'm Eric-dono, and I approve this message!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:03 am
Awsome n.n

Thanks a bunch =3

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:15 pm
Stances are the simplest part of Martial adepts. Swift action to activate, drop, or shift between them, and the effect is active as long as it's on, not unlike the auras of a dragon shaman.

Martial Maneuvers recover differently depending on the class in question. Warblades have a set of maneuvers readied and once spent they can all be recovered with the combo of a swift action and a melee attack.

Shadowcasters get a number of Fundamentals of Shadow which are 3/day spell-likes and their meat are the Mysteries. Mysteries improve as the character levels, in that they begin as spells, upgrade to spell-like, and then to supernatural abilities. Naturally, my character is going to be working around an armor spell failure penalty until I can get Still Mystery.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:48 pm
One kobold Warlock/Ranger coming up. Why ranger you ask? Full BAB and works for backstory as well as due to his heritage.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:18 pm
I'll be making a Monk/Scout  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:23 pm
and here he is... currently. I'm asking about one thing that will help.

http://pifro.com/pro/view.php?id=4679

Some of you might find a few interesting things there. They were given to me by Eric as a web addon to the Races of the Dragon book, to help out kobolds. These additions do not make kobolds go to LA +1. Hell, they might barely make them hit +0.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Eric-dono

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:16 pm
@Arc: You know what? Since I'm allowing Rock the Truenamer, I might as well allow you your request. The only way that I can be a better Dm is to learn how to handle special situations like your character.

@Raganui: Answered your question in a form of a question. I see that your not done all the way yet, so I'll wait to add the link to my section on accepted character sheets. From what I see you still need... 1) List of Warlock class abilities, & 2) Background

@Glitter: Looked it over, and I can allow Halberdier & Marksman. Something I noticed about the Nomad is that if their mount dies they get a new on in 24hrs, and unlike the Paladin Mount ability they don't have a limit on how often they can summon their mount a day. You also have to remember that you will be dungeon crawling for at least the first mission, so you might not be able to use the mount in combat. I can allow it, but I just wanted to point out the problems I have with it and was wondering if you'd be interested in finding an alternative.

@Bama: Yay a Monk! The tradition continues! (I always seem to have 1 monk in this game, never fails) xd The newest one (besides this one [its a IRL game]) has a Tiger-man Lycan Spawn monk.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:23 pm
Here's my character so far (no gear yet)

Shu Ron Van, Human Monk/Scout  

bamaotaku
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:28 pm
Forgot Background.

Warlock stuff is there. Under weapons has the Eldritch Blast and under spells his Invocation.

Well, there we go, one background. It's not getting into many details due to my lack of geographical knowledge.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff