Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4e game idea] Heavy RP, low combat game(1 slot available) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:59 pm
I'm a little interested, but I'll see if the game fills up on its own before I allow myself to get excited. Standard "new players before old ones" story I give each time.

@ Joe-dude: I've considered a housecat beast companion before, namely paired with a huge surly Dragonborn (cause to me, Dragonborn are meaner in appearance than Tieflings, and not quite as blatantly Hellboy'ish >_>')

How I would have done them is basically by combining Cat and Raptor, to whichever would be most appropriate.

Namely, Raptor with a Cat's Speed and Skills. That's how I would have sold it to potential DMs 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:03 pm
That would be a much smarter way to do it. Though I don't know, I don't really like the idea of this little kitten being able to more than 1d4 damage. =P  

joe-dude667

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:15 am
Well, if its a younger cat, I can see that, potentially.

... though being a cat person myself, and knowing people who have gotten kittens over the years, they certainly don't FEEL like 1d4 >_o  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:17 am
Hell I'm up for it. I'm writing up an elf ranger now. Never played either in any system, may as well start sometime.

Also mind if I roll stats? I hate point buy.  

Durgress

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:52 am
You could just take the standard array: 16, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10. Rolling creates too much variance in my opinion, and the two methods I've asked for just go quicker.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:34 pm
I don't suppose i could play a Warforged character. An old family heirloom of mobile armor....i figured it would be fun to play a character that a warforged that was so ancient it was starting to get senile.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:08 pm
Vorastrix
I don't suppose i could play a Warforged character. An old family heirloom of mobile armor....i figured it would be fun to play a character that a warforged that was so ancient it was starting to get senile.

Oh yes! He could be related to my (Granpa's) background somehow, since I'm pretty ancient. And I am senile to, so we have something in common!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:41 pm
NayrVentess
Vorastrix

Oh yes! He could be related to my (Granpa's) background somehow, since I'm pretty ancient. And I am senile to, so we have something in common!
yeah, that is where i was going, but even further. But heirloom, i mean heirloom. i.e. he has been a family guardian since forever, but in more recent decades he has gotten a bit rusty, in more ways then one..but knew grandpa when he was a boy...  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:21 am
By definition, nearly all warforged date back to the Nerathi Empire, the secrets to their creation being lost during its fall. So all warforged are at least 100 years old.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:05 am
so...then is that an allowance for me to play one?

also is that defenition something u got from the DMG aswell, or is it something u made for your game?  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:55 pm
I believe thats from the Eberron guide isn't it? I don't have it myself, but since that's where warforged are from, I would assume so. Are you setting this in Eberron?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:59 pm
No, this is set in the Nentir Vale after the fall of the Nerath Empire. Warforged in Eberron are much younger, no older than 30.

I believe I got that info from a 4e Dragon article about warforged. And yes you can play one, I think I said as much in the first post.

Reeve, if you make a subforum, you you title it "The Bonds of Family"?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 pm
kewlness, working on the character asap  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:14 pm
I'll get working on the background, but for now, here is Ward A.K.A. Warden  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

SlimeGuru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:21 am
If you're still looking I have a few ideas I'd like to toss around. I would love a chance to play.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff