Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Back to Guilds

~Sakura Kiss~ is the largest Ouran Guild on Gaia. We have roleplays, blogs, and more! Hope you'll join us! 

Tags: ouran high school host club, host club, ohshc, ouran, roleplay 

Reply ~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild
Can YOU tell the twins apart? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sailornerd

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:10 am
1 there voices
2 i part my bangs the same way hikaru does...not that it matters i like lft beter thn rite
3 kaoru is sooo much nicer
4 acually im kinda like hikaru and kaoru...not that that matters either...like at home im loud and annoying and at school im hella quiet and nice  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:00 pm
i tell them apart by the way they have their bangs, kaoru has scratchy voice, and hikaru is usually the seme in their twincest love moments and kaoru is the uke. (hikaru fangirl! whee )  

narutolovergirl901

Jooish

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:56 pm
In the anime you can tell by their voices, but I haven't got a chance to read much of the manga yet T.T Living in a small town sucks sometimes, limited book selection...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:44 pm
I can, one twin has a deeper voice than the other. :3

Miss KikiO_o

OuranBleachVamp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:54 pm
Easy, all it is:

1. Hikaru's hair goes to the right(when looking directly at him) and Kaoru's left
2.Hikaru usually is on the roght side, because he usually talks first
3.Kaoru seems just a bit less mischevious when doing mischevious things
4. yes, Hikaru does in some and most aspects seem more imature
5. the difference in voices(anime)
6. in the manga Hikaru dies his hair ash black
7.I practice this all the time, because for one thing both are my two most favorite manga characters(whoo!!) and two I have a pair of identical friends who are twins, who act slitely like the Hitachiin brothers, and just happens that the older one parts her hair to the right and the younger one parts her's to the left. sometimes I call dem Hikaru & Kaoru. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:39 pm
I can tell by how they part their hair and by their voices. 3nodding  

Mischievous Jinx

Fashionable Mage

7,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300

Wonderbolts Soarin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:53 pm
You see, this is how I can tell them apart:

1. There voices in any language is different. There is always a pitch or two difference between them.

2. Hair: Always remember that Hikaru parts his to the right and Kaoru parts his to the left, unless the manga, then remember Hikaru has black or darker hair and Kaoru's is the same. *spoiler!*

3. Personality: Kaoru is usually sweet and understanding, yet child like in some ways. Hikaru is almost the "bad boy" usually acting cool, but also causing problems and sometimes making situations worse.

4. Twin act: Ususally when they do the "brotherly love" act, Kaoru is usually the first one to speak, saying something like "How could you" or something along that extent. Hikaru usually comes in later, repleying to it.

This is how I tell them apart...usually.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:28 pm
Usually I do the 'ヒ'(hi) 'カ'(ka) character thing if they're having a conversation with each other.
Otherwise I tell by how they act. Kaoru being a little bit more mellow.
Of course it all goes down the hole if those two are joking around because then they're mutually involved.
And they're getting more and more different as time goes on.  

Kuramasan

Winged Star

21,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Winged 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

iSawako Kuronuma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:04 pm
The voice tone...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:28 am
1. Hair: Not really a good method when playing the Which One is Hikaru game, but when facing them, Kaoru's hair typically swings left, whereas Hikaru's swings right. But if u were standing in their position it would be Kaoru's hair swings right, and Hikaru's is left.

2. Voice: One of the best ways to tell. Kaoru typically has the raspier more timid voice of the two. Hikaru in contrast, has a more developed, louder voice.

3. Brothers Act: Hikaru being the older brother is typically the Seme of the Twinscest act. Kaoru acts timidly as the younger and suits the Uke role in the act. In the episode 4 ft. Renge, the roles have switched. Thats what they meant by Kaoru being pitcher.

Though the twins together are, perhaps the most devious thing known to mankind, apart, the difference is noticeable.

4. Kaoru as an individual: Kaoru is the more mellowed and mature of the two boys. The thoughts that run through his mind are deep.
That probably explains why he goes to Kyouya quite a bit in the manga.
Kaoru, with out Hikaru is quite unable to be mischievous and is more likely to tell things like they really are.

5. Hikaru as an individual: -- Pretty much the opposite. Hikaru is very outspoken, but at the same time in unaware of the feelings he posses. Especially for Haruhi and he doesn't figure it out until later. In a way, he could be described as a smart a** (within good reason ^^), rash, and impulsive... but he's outspoken! haha.  

Darkx_xAngelx_x237

purple shadow fox

Celestial Cottontail

11,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:15 pm
Yes. heart There voices and the way they act. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:53 pm
Totally... When I first saw the show I though it was the same person doing both of them at once but after a few episodes when they stoped talking in unison I started to hear the difference in their voices plus they say they change their hair but they don't  

shysmile312

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

waterlilly111

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:11 pm
heh. Hikaru's hair parts to the left. Kaoru's to the right. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:36 pm
Yes, by the way they part their hair  

kiyomiuchiha01

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250

Xx_Yuuki_xX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:35 am
Owlhandler
I can tell them apart because when they are facing you Hikaru's hair prats to the right and Koaru's hair parts to the left, and in the english dub Koaru's voice is ruff and gravley and Hikaru's is deep and smooth.

I don't think Kaoru's voice is rough at all, though I've really only heard their voices with the Japanese voice actors. I don't know if you're referring to the English voice actors or not. I know Kaoru's voice in Japanese is kind of higher pitched than Hikaru's and a bit more...innocent?  
~Sakura Kiss~ An Ouran Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff