9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:08 am
Lady Angelishia
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

I finally got those fake puff hair extension things.
And I'm so excited to wear them!
They're like super-cute.
They take forever to put in though.
>w<

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image
User Image

Puff hair extension things?
What are you talking about?? Where can I get them??
@_@
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:06 am
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

You know like how on some wigs there are those really puffy things that are like piggy-tails but aren't quite?
Well like...
They're if you wanna do that with your for real hair.
So you get them in your chair color.
They look like hair ties but have a bunch of kind of curly hair around them.
So you put your hair up into little piggy-tail buns,
And then put them on over.

I got mine at a kiosk at the mall.
<3
I'll upload pictures in a bit.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

Princess Angelishia

Moon Priestess

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:58 pm
L.una
I'm s-sorry.. Maybe in a year I will have something to show.

Lady Angelishia, that Was amazing change.

C a t h a r s i s, I really like the change in pose... also the room changed. -envious over room- Though I wonder what you would look like with Bangs...

Alpha Drug, I love the little wings on the cosplay. And the story is cute too.
Ps- you look like a model in second picture. (on your second post)
(on your first post) You're outfit in 05 was cute as well as in 06. In the last )9 one though, your shoes look like they were to big for you. > x < i love the vest though.. waa~

Haha! And I dont own those shoes anymore. I prefer all black outfits, and white shoes dont really mix in with that plan. I traded them on the LJ sales comm for a pair of black SS ones.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:53 pm
Alpha Drug
L.una

C a t h a r s i s, I really like the change in pose... also the room changed. -envious over room- Though I wonder what you would look like with Bangs...

(on your first post) You're outfit in 05 was cute as well as in 06. In the last )9 one though, your shoes look like they were to big for you. > x < i love the vest though.. waa~

Haha! And I dont own those shoes anymore. I prefer all black outfits, and white shoes dont really mix in with that plan. I traded them on the LJ sales comm for a pair of black SS ones.

that makes sense. xD I really like all black outfits too. (when not in lolita i often do wear nothing but black.. Idunno habit i got from seattle.)
The shoes sure are cute though, could i see the ones you traded them for?  

L.una

C a t h a r s i s

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:47 pm
L.una

That's my parent's bedroom in the first two. It used to be the only full sized mirror in the house but since then I got a door mirror. I really live in dorms during the semester. D:

Answer, meh, it's alright. I just got my hair cut today wondering the same thing. THIS is what they end up like:

User Image

D:

They don't behave and I have such a stubborn middle part that they end up going to the sides anyway. I even look funny in a wig with bangs, but maybe that's just because I'm not used to it.

The last time I had bangs was probably when I was 10 or so and I'm remembering why I just stick with a feathered frame. Naturally curly hair is a b***h with bangs.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:32 pm
Princess Angelishia
User Image
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

You guys are gonna laugh at the first picture...
This picture is absolutely atrocious.
Probably because I was wearing my ugly glasses and had a goofy smile~
This was back before I learned that throwing on a lolita dress didn't make you pretty...
You actually have to coordinate your look and face.
>w<
Anyway, taken in either 2005 or 2006.
I don't remember.
The second one is from 2009,
At my last convention.
^^
User Image
User Image
It's amazing what a little hair dye, makeup, and coordination can do!

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
User Image

User Image
User Image
                                  I has a new picture~ for 2010.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image  

Princess Angelishia

Moon Priestess

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:07 am
I also have another photo or two to add for 2010, my brand closet has boomed. ^_^

User Image

User Image

User Image

^__^

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:28 am
You are all so lucky! I don't own any brand stuff nor can I make anything dercent when sewing. I am the taboo lolita that wears square dancing clothing and anyway it isn't about how perfectly you pull off the look because some people just can't. It is how you treat others and how you portray the lolita spirit.  

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:24 am
Lady Cecilie
You are all so lucky! I don't own any brand stuff nor can I make anything decent when sewing. I am the taboo lolita that wears square dancing clothing and anyway it isn't about how perfectly you pull off the look because some people just can't. It is how you treat others and how you portray the lolita spirit.

Here here! I spent 4 years in your shoes my dear. I've been into lolita since 2005, it's only been just this year that I've been able to get my hands on my very own brand.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:31 am
Catharsis:
I know how you feel. My hair is exactly the same- thick and very wavy (I even have some natural ringlets biggrin ). I got my bangs cut for the first time in, like, 5 years this year, and they curled up first thing. But I went home and straightened them and was very happy with the result.
But now that it's humid out, they only stay straight for a few hours if I'm outside...T.T  

MissLavenda

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:12 pm
Alpha Drug
Lady Cecilie
You are all so lucky! I don't own any brand stuff nor can I make anything decent when sewing. I am the taboo lolita that wears square dancing clothing and anyway it isn't about how perfectly you pull off the look because some people just can't. It is how you treat others and how you portray the lolita spirit.

Here here! I spent 4 years in your shoes my dear. I've been into lolita since 2005, it's only been just this year that I've been able to get my hands on my very own brand.
I do have to say that is one reason I hate this guild. Most in here are elitists. I am happy you all got cuter things then you thought you had before but really you all looked amazing even when you weren't as good. Sme of you were naturals at wearing lolita. And about matching the face to the outfit you don't have to unless your in serious photo shoot. Just learn a cute little smile, wear mke up, style you hair nicely. Sweet lolitas can pout and gothic lolitas can smile. Almost everyone in here needs to look at lolita and think about what it is. We are more then just girls in cute dresses.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:53 pm
Lady Cecilie
Alpha Drug
Lady Cecilie

I do have to say that is one reason I hate this guild. Most in here are elitists. I am happy you all got cuter things then you thought you had before but really you all looked amazing even when you weren't as good. Sme of you were naturals at wearing lolita. And about matching the face to the outfit you don't have to unless your in serious photo shoot. Just learn a cute little smile, wear mke up, style you hair nicely. Sweet lolitas can pout and gothic lolitas can smile. Almost everyone in here needs to look at lolita and think about what it is. We are more then just girls in cute dresses.

Please refrain from public declarations of "hatred" for this guild while you are a participating member. If you have an issue with something someone has said or the way something has been handled, you should contact a crew member.

Making a broad statement about how "most" of our members are "elitist" is not only snobbery in its own right, but rather rude when you are yourself an active participant. =/

spuntino
Crew

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:47 am
L.una
Alpha Drug
L.una

that makes sense. xD I really like all black outfits too. (when not in lolita i often do wear nothing but black.. Idunno habit i got from seattle.)
The shoes sure are cute though, could i see the ones you traded them for?

It was either one of these pairs, I bought them both around the same time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:50 am
Lady Cecilie
Alpha Drug
Lady Cecilie

I do have to say that is one reason I hate this guild. Most in here are elitists.

I really hope your not calling me an Elitist, because I'm far from it. I'm pretty sure any Elitist would stick strictly to Livejournal and never even venture into Gaia.

And anyways an Elitist would never touch used brand in their life, in my eyes an Elitist only wears new store bought brand. Every brand item in my closet except for one skirt is used and gotten at swap meets or the LJ sales comm.  

Alpha Drug

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:56 am
I think it raises the question of what is an elitist, and where the line between high standards and elitism is drawn. Obviously this varies from person to person, depending on their personal standards.
Many people in this guild do have high standards, sometimes exacting, sometimes downright silly.

I do believe that being in this guild has raised my standards and given me more information to base my opinions from. In the eyes of some, that might make me an elitist. But I make all my own dresses and don't care much for sweet. Most of my dresses are a-line, and some of them go a few inches past the knees. In the eyes of some, this proves I have no idea what I am doing and am so far from elitist as to not even count as lolita.
In my opinion, if a square dancing petticoat is knee-length a-line petticoat, there is no reason not to wear it with a knee-length a-line dress. They generally aren't made in the cupcake shape, which is frustrating if that's what you're going for, but it is easier to modify an a-line petticoat that fits to a cupcake than a cupcake than doesn't fit to be larger. I know that's very non-elitist and probably makes me look bad in the eyes of elitists.

My point is, if someone is excited because they got something nice they couldn't afford or acquire before, there's no point to bring them down because you yourself do not feel the need for it. If you don't care about brand, then don't buy it.  
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff