Okay, I'm back. Still wiped though, so I probably won't do any DM posts til tomorrow (still have my Monday night game tonight).

@ The Maze game. I had fun with Samson, my Halfling Warlord. The DM was kind of taken aback when, through conjoined efforts, one player managed to make 5 attacks in a round. ALL LEGIT!

The hedge maze had two ways in/out, and due to magic, we could not exit through the same way we entered. So once we found the will and found the exit, the servants of the deceased lord were armed up and determined to prevent us from exiting unless we gave them the will. Due to magic on the will, whomever had possession of it upon leaving the maze would be bequeathed the entire property.

I just had the party bull rush past them, soak the opportunity attacks, and run out the exit about 20' behind them. And due to magic on the hedge maze, they couldn't follow us! Yay!

--------------

@ Volcano game. I played Drehnach after all. Highlights of that. Demons had dragged me to the abyss and seperated me from the party. I DRAGGED THEM BACK. I was the last creature they wanted to grab, that's for darn sure.

The bell had the power to grant wishes, but also had a compulsion effect that forced us to ring it. On two results of the d8 random effect table, one would basically cripple a player for life, and the other would force the volcano to erupt and destroy all of us and everyone living on the island. Neither actually had come up, luckily! Drehnach got turned into an Adult Silver Dragon, then upgraded to Elder Silver Dragon >_>'

Those were "transform the player" results on the random table. My actual wish (my third time being forced to ring it) was transport the bell to the Astral Sea, which the DM had never seen anyone do before, because its indestructible (an artifact) and people try to destroy it normally. This was while an Elder Green Dragon was fighting us.

I also Diplomacied the heck out of the Dragon to convince it that it was losing (it was down to about 200 hp left), and I convinced it to leave with its wyrmling and go our separate ways. Mainly because at that point, I hadn't known the bell was the thing causing the volcano to erupt and I thought it was still going to. Regardless, Drehnach saves the world! Or part of it, anyways.

-----------

@ Death of a Planet. Oh god what a headache. A new campaign the DM had written, but never used before. I think he still had 3.5 in his head, but 4e doesn't have the same damage output 3.5 did. He ended up using a chain golem, an elder red dragon, an ancient black dragon, a balor, a war devil, a thunderblast cyclone, a deathpriest hierophant, an eladrin lich, a marut something-or-other that was elite, an ice devil, and a few more monsters I can't remember.

All fighting each other AND us. Our objective was basically get to a space arc and survive, and they were trying to get there themselves (survival of the fittest, kind of). It took 3 hours to get through 3 rounds of combat, where most of the PCs had just taken double move actions (and one round of us all being stunned by the black dragon's Frightful Presence).

I had been up to 4am the night before preparing some character sheets for a player for the last two games on Sunday (he only came to Death of a Planet). So it was more or less a waste of my time and sleep too. stare

So, yeah. Exhausted. I'm so happy I got to do Samson and Drehnach though 3nodding