Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Can somebody who is in high school truly be Goth- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:08 pm
XxXlil rock_goddessXxX
i dress in all black. everday. yet ive been called emo punk goth all kinda of stupid names. i dont care personaly. im a freshman. i dress that way because thats how i feel like dressing, it just feels right to me. im not into to whole pink frilly foofoo crap so i would respect them both because they both obviously dress like that because they like it, which is exactly why everyone else dresses like that. so yeah.. i feel my point is made.
xD------love you!

There is more to goth then the fashions stare

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:18 pm
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx
Why is there this huge obsession with "true goth?" It shouldn't matter who accepts you as goth or not. Personally, I respect people based on how they act, not how old they are or how they dress.

How dare I discuss the relevance of what makes a person goth or not in a goth guild.

And how dare I voice my opinions in a thread that asks for them?  

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250

Xahmen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:17 pm
xxrackellaxx
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx
Why is there this huge obsession with "true goth?" It shouldn't matter who accepts you as goth or not. Personally, I respect people based on how they act, not how old they are or how they dress.

How dare I discuss the relevance of what makes a person goth or not in a goth guild.

How dare you begin a sentence with the word "and"?!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:00 pm
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx

Forgive me, I forgot that this was a discussion on the finer points of English grammar.  

j3ll0_m0nk3y

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250

Xahmen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:06 pm
xxrackellaxx
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx

Forgive me, I forgot that this was a discussion on the finer points of English grammar.

I just simply can't give your discussion points the time of day if you're grammar is so atrocious!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:02 am
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx

I just simply can't give your discussion points the time of day if you're grammar is so atrocious!

Ah, grammar nitpicking. The last refuge of those who don't have an actual rebuttal to an argument.

Might I suggest we get back on topic? I simply stated that, for a subculture that claims not to care about social acceptance, there are a lot of goths that seem obsessed with the idea of being seen as goth by other members of the subculture. If you are a goth but are not recognized as one because you are younger, that shouldn't matter. And using the phrase "true goth" sounds just a tad pretentious. Stop trying so hard.  

j3ll0_m0nk3y

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250

Xahmen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:28 am
xxrackellaxx
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx

Ah, grammar nitpicking. The last refuge of those who don't have an actual rebuttal to an argument.

Might I suggest we get back on topic? I simply stated that, for a subculture that claims not to care about social acceptance, there are a lot of goths that seem obsessed with the idea of being seen as goth by other members of the subculture. If you are a goth but are not recognized as one because you are younger, that shouldn't matter. And using the phrase "true goth" sounds just a tad pretentious. Stop trying so hard.

You did it again.
Also, your last sentence is incomplete, and lacks a subject.
The word "pretentious" is pretentious.

Also, you're rebuttal is lacking in objectivity.
While at first glance it looks like a level headed response, but more than two seconds of scrutiny reveal that it's the idealistic remarks of somebody who is... Young.
Or possibly the words of someone who is immature.

Of course, I hold idealism to be almost synonymous with immaturity.
I suppose I may be reacting with hostility because I specifically said "Don't feed me that "I treat everyone the same" s**t, be honest", and low and behold you did.

Your profile doesn't have much information on you in it, but looking at your comments, and gauging the responses they seem to be, I'm hazarding that you're into RP'ing. Your "About" section has something to do with being random on purpose.

You're under 20 I'm guessing.
It's okay, I forgive your terrible grammar now.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:14 am
You know what, it isn't worth dragging out anymore.

User Image  

Xahmen

Bible Black Suicide

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:31 am
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx

You did it again.

While at first glance it looks like a level headed response, but more than two seconds of scrutiny reveal that it's the idealistic remarks of somebody who is... Young.

I suppose I may be reacting with hostility because I specifically said "Don't feed me that "I treat everyone the same" s**t, be honest", and low and behold you did.

Your profile doesn't have much information on you in it, but looking at your comments, and gauging the responses they seem to be, I'm hazarding that you're into RP'ing. Your "About" section has something to do with being random on purpose.

Ever heard of the phrase, " Attack the debate, not the debater"

Your rebuttle to her entire arguement was based on illogical fallacies and personal attacks. No arguement whatsoever, yet attempting to some extent stalk and analyse a person instead of the arguement. Bringing to light ever so useless information.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:40 pm
It's possible. Just not too common. I'm in highschool, but I really can't say I'm a true goth. I'm more of geek with some gothy tastes. I like the fashion and the music though I don't really dress in said fashion and the music I listen to... actually I have no idea. I listen to lame creative commons stuff, but they generally have the same feel as more well known goth music. The main thing that really makes me at all "goth" is my love for dark, creepy things, and that's about it.  

Sulphuric

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:22 am
Bible Black Suicide
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx
Zahmen II
xxrackellaxx

You did it again.

Ever heard of the phrase, " Attack the debate, not the debater"

Your rebuttle to her entire arguement was based on illogical fallacies and personal attacks. No arguement whatsoever, yet attempting to some extent stalk and analyse a person instead of the arguement. Bringing to light ever so useless information.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:10 pm
It really depends on the maturity on the person in my opinion. I started being goth around 3 years ago. Not many people thought I was because I didn't fit there stereotype but the other goth people I knew accepted and they were older but there were a few who were younger then me that accepted. It just boils down to the mentality and the maturity of the person.  

NekoYasha09er

Foxglow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:21 am
I respect people based on who they are, not how old they are.

I personally got into this goth thing when I was 13. That's 12 years ago ( gonk damn I feel old!) I didn't exactly feel accepted by the older goth community, but then again I never felt rejected either.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:01 pm
ne...i am a sophmore and i find myself goth...but it really depends on the perosn i guess  

sekh nassor

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:38 am
Zahmen II

I hate to do this to you, but LOL IRONY!
Also, it used to be taboo to begin a sentence with a contraction; however, it is now acceptable.

Anyway, you have to start somewhere. Sure most of the kids in high school claiming to be goth are just immature and either experiementing, rebelling, or just trying to be cool. But at some point it becomes something more. And if it doesn't, it doesn't, and they'll grow out of it.

Regardless, the respect I give to people is largely based on the respect they give me and if they earn it with their character. I do not respect immaturity and stupidity.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff