Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[d20 Modern] Stargate: Parallel Universe - Full Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:20 pm
The starting level will be 1. However, you guys should level up pretty quickly - especially if you do a background and such. I've got the subforum set aside and I've begun to type things up.

I also have something I'm wanting an opinion on.. Lets' see if I can explain this right.

At the end of each mission, its' natural for a mission report to be made. I was considering offering you guys the chance to write one of these for a chance at bonus experience (level x 50xp). You'd essentially write it from your character's point of view. Anyone who doesn't do one, their character is assumed to have submitted one anyway (unless its' not something your character would do... ;p). This would be entirely optional. Does anyone like the idea, or object to it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:29 pm
that actually sounds like a lot of fun..just writing it out expressions and such would be really amusing for my..because i like to think of myself as a good writer, just not very creative. what i mean by that is that i have a hard time coming up with original storylines and such, but writing down what happened is always something that i have been good at.  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:44 pm
how lenient are you on age? i'm not thinking child genius, but still a 19-y-o that is well versed in many languages, and history, and a hard core computer haker on this side...which is actually got him in trouble

i.e. the idea of my character is a young person that got caught hacking (criminal occupation) and due to his genius, it's either this or jail.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:51 pm
I think a minimum age of 18 would be there, its' not the military but there are other concerns I think even a private corporation would have. You'll just need a reason for the Daviau Corporation to offer you that kind of deal.  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:57 pm
so, then, lvl 1, what character creation rules we using?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:40 pm
The subforum is here.

The house rules section of the character creation thread isn't yet finished, but I think the rules for character creation themselves are good. You guys are welcome to start making characters.

In the game information thread, I will be putting such information like: base layout, notable personalities, offworld addresses (with name and a brief description of the planet as they're uncovered), among other things.

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:36 pm
I'm all for the written report thing. Sounds awesome!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:43 pm
I have to agree...I think that the reports will be a fun addition

Also. I'd like to make note, my dad dropped in town for my B-day so tonight I'.m free but Saturday and most of Sunday I'll be with Family

EDIT: Any ideas where I can find those books? For Character creation. I only have the online version of 2 or 3...unless I'm over looking something.  

Ryuu Sanada

Divine Knight

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:05 pm
You can buy them at most stores, links on places to illegally download them are not allowed here.

I'd like to remind everyone that you do need licenses for things, and as this is a private organization and not the military.. you won't have the credentials to acquire a military license, just licensed or restricted.

There's a point in this article here about them at the bottom: click

EDIT:: Also, remember that you don't need t obuy a ton of guns or anything.. You can always requisition them, and you will be provided with a basic handgun by Stargate Commander - at minimum.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:42 am
should we buy our own weaponry, or is that something that the company provides...or is that something that is taken in consideration with our roll for bonus wealth?  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:13 pm
i am also finding that a lot of the items are at a fair price, especially under modern day conditions. specifically the electronic items that are rather important to my character....also, how much am i allowed to consider for items i have crafted myself?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:57 pm
The company will provide a basic handgun in most cases (but with only 2 spare magazines), and the only other things it will provide are items necessary for survival (canteens, MREs, tents, and something to keep it all in.) However - you will be expected to return it in working order at the end of each mission (plus unspent ammo), and won't be able to upgrade it (ala Mastercraft.) So you get something basic but having your own provides a great deal more benefit if/when you can afford it.

Yeah, but remember that if an item has a DC of 15 or higher - you lose 1 wealth regardless, and can possibly lose more if it is much higher than your wealth bonus. As for Crafting... I do not allow players to craft items prior to the start of the game (as it essentially increases the amount of wealth you start with over others by a fair deal - more so in D&D, but also a bit here). In-game, you're welcome to craft whatever you like. You'll get a week of downtime after each mission (so you can be observed, checked for disease/other problems, and a chance to recover WPs - VPs recover fast enough that it can happen during a mission. xD). You just need skill points in the correct crafting skill.

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:31 pm
well, for one thing, they have a PDA...which is something that almost nobody uses anymore if they have a blackberry or something.

you said they would privide a hand-gun, do they provide tech gear?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm
Not unless its' critical to the mission's success.. which in most cases (more so near the start of the game) - it won't be. If you want something that isn't listed because of the age of the book, I'm sure a price can be worked out since I believe in the back of the book it gives example costs for each of the DCs.  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:19 pm
allrighty, i can accept that, i have him designed so far as a linguist and computer wiz....among other things >.>...but i prolly wont have the equipment done til monday  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff