o.o ...NOOOO!!! *holds forgetful brain in hands* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

computer frustrations
  ai haz nun. =B ai iz computer smrtz.
  uhhh... how do i vote on the poll, again? o.o;
  i have issues sometimes, but nothing a little googling can't fix.
View Results

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:35 pm
*nods*

If it's only certain times perhaps a simple reboot is all it needs. However if you ALWAYS need to hold the mouse over the avis I would say it's probably the browser.

>.>
<.<

Does anyone else think "Bowser" when seeing/writing Browser? [/nerd]  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:49 pm
*giggles at bowser thing, since now i see it too* xD

HUZZAH!!! FIXED! 'twas the browser 4laugh i downloaded firefox and now i can see avi's, can see buttons, etc. i have a tool bar and everything! it's GLORIOUS!!!

*snicker* it's checking my spelling, lawl. xD 'lawl' is underlined.

i think i'll still have to do a virus scan and defragmentation and all that, but atleast the interwebz is a bit speedier ^^

thanks guys biggrin <3  

~DR.MOOFASA~

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:45 pm
If you want a free online scan go to bitdefender.com, I also have Spybot and malwarebytes downloaded. I don't know If you'll want them or not but they help.

The defrag should help speed up your entire computer. Never hurts, well it does when your system has gone to s**t. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:23 pm
God-Raped-Me
If you want a free online scan go to bitdefender.com, I also have Spybot and malwarebytes downloaded. I don't know If you'll want them or not but they help.

The defrag should help speed up your entire computer. Never hurts, well it does when your system has gone to s**t. rolleyes

Good Choice of scanners.

When it comes to cleaning out computers, I use malwarebytes and ESET NOD32 as my active scanners. If a computer is BADLY infected, I run Combofix, SmitfraudFix, and VundoFix to clear out any infections that may be impossible to remove for just a normal antivirus program. Combofix, SmitfraudFix, and VundoFix can be dangerous applications though if you don't know what you're doing. As they're run while in safe mode, they gain full access and power to remove ANY FILE from a computer, which means it CAN delete very crucial files that are needed to run the system. I'd stay away from those unless you know what you're getting yourself into with them. Hijackthis is also pretty good for dealing with PC issues, as long as you can read and understand it's log that is.

Also, Songbird:

I use it from time to time. It's a browser with a built in media player. It was shown to me by the owner of another forum I visit, and I was a huge fan right away of it, but it didn't have a bookmark toolbar at that time so it was somewhat inefficient for me to use as I use my bookmarked tabs quite often.

Basically, the engine of it is running off the firefox core if I remember correctly, or at least tries to emulate that browser a bit in it's operation.
As for it's media player, it's designed to be much like iTunes from what I've noticed, only it seems to handle resource usage much better and it doesn't use half a systems ******** resources when booting, closing, or playing a song on it. It's also pretty easy on CPU usage too if I recall correctly.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers