Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Guild-Wide Tournament Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you want to try it?
  Yah!
  Nah!
  Wah?
  I like money.
View Results

Durgress

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:34 pm
If my game idea were any less adventerous and out there, I might try it with 4e. As it is, I barely have any experience with the system, so DMing it might be hard for me with a game this complex with so little experience. Same goes for 2e.

Anyways, votes are going for a permanant game, in which I will let you all have your own character you made, but you will not always be by yourself, you may have to fight someone one fight then directly thereafter help the same person. Also, some events will not be open to your character depending on class choice (no sorcerers in the gladiator arena, no barbarians in the mage-duels, no psions in archery, ect ect), however, those will mainly be for fighting people who made a character similar to your own, most of them will end up being team/solo efforts with team members/opponents chosen at random, with a list of possible competitions that could likely grow indefinetly.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:01 am
Perminant =3 This shoulds fun. I'm considering going with a dule wielding warrior theam. No one call Drittz please gonk

Should be a fun game =3 Looking forward to it n.n

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Edrin Steel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:34 am
Questions I thought of:
Decided yet what resources would be allowed?
How much RP would be involved? ie, Is there a story to this or is it more of a playground sort of thing with fights/challenges breaking out for the sake of it?

It would be quite cool if this was somehow integrated into a larger world of campaigns and whatnot, probably asking way too much but I think I've got the epic scale of MTG's Zendikar on my brain sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:49 pm
I will tie in some RP, but it isn't essential, I want to go for a mideval jousting tournament feel for it, so mabey RP in the form of winning a maiden's favor, or making rivals of another tourney-goer.

As for the warrior, it depends, are you going to be CG and an elf? If so, I will make fun of you. If not, I'll tack it to two-weapon fighting being awsome.

Anyways, LAN party tomorrow, will work on game creation stuff after that.  

Durgress

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:33 am
I've never played an elf and have no desire to xD

I think I'm gonna go true nuteral =3

Looking forward to this =D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:58 pm
Ok, updating starting post with creation info, if you plan on playing check it.  

Durgress

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:37 pm
How're you wanting everyone to generate stats? Point buy? Array? Rolls?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:44 am
I knew I was forgetting something.... Off the the starting post again!  

Durgress

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:13 pm
Well...as if I didn't already have enough characters, I've got my character for this thing made.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:54 pm
Out of curiosity, what kinds of challenges/events/competitions/whatever would a more non-combat oriented character end up facing on this? Or would I be better served making a warrior or mage or something that can partake in all sorts of battles.  

Edrin Steel

Durgress

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:38 pm
You will be faced off against people with similar abilites in one on one competitions, but team events are attened by all. As such, focusing on a few areas would be better than making a bard who is good at everything, as he is not the best at everything and would likely continually lose. Again, if you make a warrior, you will not partake in a mage duel, and the warlock will not participate in the gladiatorial areana. There will be a free for all event, but that is that. Make what you want, but focus on combat with a few strange scores, for example I might make a ship battle if people take Proffesion (sailor). Combat wise you will mostly be in your own leauge, but the skills that can be used in combat that rarely are will also be used (I will let you respend you skill points periodically.) I.e. pick up ride, you will take part in mounted combat, if you don't, you won't be able to do that/won't do well at it. I really want to dissuade jack of all trade type characters, make a character with a focus, but make them flexible. Anyways, I am starting to sound redunant, so I guess I'll stop.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:13 pm
alright, i think i've got an idea what i'll do. Lemme know if/when this gets off the ground and I'll toss a character sheet your way.  

Edrin Steel

Durgress

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:50 pm
Well if I start getting sheets I'll know we are at least partially ready to start and will request a subforum, if I don't get sheets I'll assume you all are just blowing steam.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:15 pm
Touche. Ok, you can has character sheet. I've got one made up at coyote code, if that's an ok format I'll PM you a link.  

Edrin Steel

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:32 am
How many people are you expecting, Durgress?

If its' at least 4, I'll get you that subforum now.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff