Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Planning a D20 Modern Game: Test Trial? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:41 am
And here I wanted to have a dog's head growing out of my arm. Boo!

I'd be up for being a test subject if you needed it. The idea sounds somewhat amusing, and the only experience I've had with Post Apocalyptia is my own game, which ended up falling apart.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:55 pm
I'll be a genie pig to! COME ON run one here we are good test bunnies and you said you would allow psionics? ... Have you seen the movie Push perhaps?  

Bound Birdie

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:02 pm
I have seen part of Push, yes.

The entire idea is x-men like mutations, but there will be a few in there that mimic fantasy. I'm still figuring out how to doll out random mutations...I'm thinking of rolling up 3-5 or so, depending on how powerful they are, and then putting them together to make an interesting and balanced mutation for each person. Through the game, they will slowly become aware of their abilities, which will randomly appear, sometimes painfully, sometimes not. I will also be letting them know if their intelligence changes, such as becoming smarter or more beastial, as part of the mutation.

The goal is to create a challenge for the players, while giving them cool new powers to play around with.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:25 pm
sounds like good gming already >.<
If you do decide to do one here I would like to play and have that push ability! I built a lvl one girl for a d20 modern game a while ago with that ability but then the game never happened and I've always wanted to see how she actually plays out..
If that would be okay with you...If you were to do one here... xd  

Bound Birdie

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:17 am
Well, like I said, it would be a while, and all mutations would be random, so you may not be able to use telekinesis.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:39 pm
oh no it's not the telekinetic one, it's the ability to make someone "think" something like handing someone a slip of paper and they think there taking a 50 dollar bill, or "these are not the droids your looking for" type thing... though I don't see how I could mutate into that... unless it was brain mutating? xd
It's alright games take a lot of time a lot of patience  

Bound Birdie

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:23 pm
Haha, yeah, I knew that, just used the wrong word, hehe. I guess I will start building the thread...put things up as I go. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. There are some homebrew rules that my (former) DM made up for me that make it a bit more fun, I guess. I'll have those up as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:21 pm
Rhea Izar
Haha, yeah, I knew that, just used the wrong word, hehe. I guess I will start building the thread...put things up as I go. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. There are some homebrew rules that my (former) DM made up for me that make it a bit more fun, I guess. I'll have those up as well.

In an old Dungeon issue, the attached polyhedron had a tonne of mutations in its D20 adaptation of Gamma World. I think it might have been Dungeon 93... I THINK. It was in the 90's though, and wasn't 95 or 97, I have them.

I'd be interested in playing, though. Sounds like some random pointless fun for a little while.  

Ana-Justine

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces