Submit

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:34 pm
i dont listen to just genre of music and i have been called a hippie before by my family..lolz. (man im just not in the right frame of mind to be on here tonite. this was the month that my grandpa passed away in 2005..*cries)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:37 pm
If no one is able to find a discussion in her first post without being spoonfed, I'd say the guild has bigger problems than a supposedly-vague thread. rolleyes

confused I like the Beatles and the Stones, but I wouldn't call it my favourite music, by any means. The clothing looked comfortable, but it's really not my thing. I used to tie-dye shirts, but that's the extent of it.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:41 pm
Well, I guess the aesthetic appeals to me because I'm lazy, but I'm not as hygienically challenged as a lot of the hippies (at least, the ones in America...) I like the straight lines and crisp fabrics of the seventies because it's so neat-looking.

I'd wear it if it wouldn't get me laughed at. But that's just me. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:56 pm
Steph, I'll wear stuff from the 70's with you!

Tae, has it not been changed since she first posted? Also I don't mind some of the Beatles, but the 60's really didn't grab me, mayeb a few songs here ant there... Although I would much sooner listen to music from the 60's then today's crap! You know what, I would rather elevator music than the s**t, a few good groups do not make up for the mass of bad ones by the way, of our era.

Sometimes I wonder what my kids will end up listening to, and it makes me sad. Maybe they will really like that GTR and myself love all sorts of music and will be the same.  

God-Raped-Me

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:00 pm
GRM: Let's do it. heart

I like the more mellow, expressive quality of '60's music. I can't say that I care for the drug culture, but Hendrix is excellent meditation/drawing music. biggrin The music of today is more entertainment than expression anymore...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:04 pm
Entertainment in the pants maybe! It's all selling sex now it seems, although some lots of 80's bands did that too come to think of it so did ones in the 90's... Bah, now I'm just making myself feel old. sweatdrop  

God-Raped-Me

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:07 pm
xd
Sex sells. It always has, it always will. The only thing that really changes is how shameless people will let entertainment get. :shrug:

I like music that's dynamic and dramatic. I hate it when it's plain, though straightforward sounds are cool. I also like my music to have a point to it. I want it to tell me something. There has to be meaning beyond the esoteric face value of music. There has to be value to the lyrics or the message. I feel like a lot of '60's songs purvey a deeper, more sincere meaning to the listener.

Maybe I'm just being silly. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:12 pm
ok so that you all get the idea of my discussion:
its a look back to a time of free love, music and freindship. i am not talking about how people started a fight or how they used various drugs to send them into some sort of trance.

I love this music as it speaks a universal language of peace and that we should look beyond ourselves to help our freinds when the chips are down.

there have at it guys!  

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:13 pm
GRM is pro war, sorry.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:19 pm
I'm probably just being pessimistic here, but I don't think it does us any good to look at a specific decade through rose-tinted glasses. It was certainly an era of change, and a lot of positive things happened. However, it was studded with just as much tragedy and hate and strife as any other decade.

I suppose what I'm saying is that it's great to be fond of the music and some of the ideas (hell, even the fashions), but don't put it on a pedestal. If that makes any sense? And I'm not implying that anyone specifically is doing that, it's just an attitude that I see a lot.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:29 pm
i agree with you. I am just looking back at a time i wonder what it was like but yeah I did see the documentary on history channel last week and yes it was a mixed feeling type thing for many people then.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:36 pm
Artistically, I think the '60's were a a period of enormous growth. Socially and economically, it was basically a ********... I think Tae has a very realistic approach to it. biggrin  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:42 am
Umkay...well not everyone has the same views and i have mixed views myself because i support different causes.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:29 am
While I have no actual regrets in life, one thing I'll always be a bit sad about is that I never had an opportunity to see The Beatles. By the time I was born it was waaay too late ('85). Both of my parents were huge Beatles fans, so I grew up listening to, and singing their music. Their songs have had such an impact on my life. In high school I was obsessed with the movie Yellow Submarine, and the Sgt. Pepper's album. Currently, the "Let it Be" album has become my favorite.

I'll always be jealous of my dad, because he actually went to a Beatles concert. He said it was so loud and crazy that he couldn't hear a thing, but I still envy him for the experience of just being there. whee  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

PixiecuTT

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:15 pm
I don't think I would have been terribly down with the public nudity and "free love" and mud, but man, the music must have been awesome. And honestly, even though they're not legit-hippies, my flower-child-wannabe friends are still awesome to be around. Mellow and chill and kind. Some of them are just too burnt to be mean or harsh, but hey, they're still fun. 4laugh  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff