Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply Memorable Threads
Ode to The Suites - A Suites love thread <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

100%
 100%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 22

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:44 pm
I like the Suites, because the majority of you are about as cool as I am, & almost as pretty.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm
The suites is what keeps me coming to Gaia. Even when i didn't have the internet and had to go to the library, i'd spend half my allowed time at the Suites. Plus we can talk about pretty much anything here, and someone can relate to it one way or an other. Everyone here is pretty awsome and there is hardly any drama.  

ThePiratePrincess!

Cicadetta

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 pm
I'm still fairly new to Gaia, and even newer to The Suites, but this guild is a place where I feel welcome. The "old guard" doesn't seem to be one for excluding people. I've been and am part of online communities where that isn't true. There's one (non-Gaia) community in which I am a part of the "old guard", and that old guard is pretty... exclusive. Snarky. Sometimes downright mean. (Even for us nice ones, it's easy to pick up bad habits!) (I should probably go back and visit that place. It's been months...)

But... yes. Aside from being welcoming, the conversation is a lot better here, and much less scary than in, say, the General Discussion forum. Which, I guess, is why I keep coming back here. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:43 pm
It was always very friendly and full of crazy cool peeps. 3nodding

It's been a few years since I really chatted on Gaia. Looks to still be full of good people. smile  

Death-a-ma-bob

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:36 am
The Suites is like my Cheers. Whether there's drama with love interests, trouble in class, or freak laminator accidents, I always know I can come here and whine, and then forget all about my problems and just relax. Everyone here keeps me up to date on what's cool in YouTube, what music is popular, what's going on in the news and everyone's lives... I've gotten fair warning about virii and scams going around, too!

Because of the Suites, my daily report isn't, "Well, I laminated more paper today." it's "OMG, everyone's dressing up like hobos and raiding the arena next week!" heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:15 am
Definitley the people and their knack for turning anyone's news of the day into their own story, complete with people having balloon children and stuff like that.
But seriously, I've said this before but everyone contributes something unique to the guild. I can't list them here because there's just SO many members but you guys get the idea. And when someone is missing, we NOTICE. And when they come back, we're all like "We missed yoooooou!" which I think is awesome.
The guild has a great atmosphere in general. I wasn't around for the avatar arena raid, but I thought the raid on that other guild recently was hilarious. And it's because of the great people and atmosphere that I've managed to make 2 or 3 good friends here, for which I'm really glad I joined in the first place.
I WUBB YOU GAISE crying

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

o0Lainy0o

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:24 am
'Cause you are descended from animals,
And you are constructed of chemicals,

~*~

i know only lurk, probably more than i should (i'm a big scaredy cat when it comes to posting D': maybe i don't think i'll live up to everyone' awesomeness if i do XD)

but i love coming here because of the people. There's always something interesting or crazy or informative going on and i always pop in wondering what else has happened today while i've been gone.

It's like a tv series you can't stop watching 8D (like the pink balloon thread. its better than watching a tv show)

There's just to much rubbish out in the main forums. This place is so much better =D

~*~
The one thing you can't have, you like too much,
You look but you cannot touch.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:34 am
Qui said it well, everyone brings something to the table and makes the suites what it is smile
Love all the regulars here, reading your stories brightens my days and has brought me so many heartfelt laughs.  

scrub
Crew

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:11 pm
The Suites,... a place at first you might just want to lurk about reading what the regulars are talking about, earn your gold from polls, posting in our spam threads to earn your gold. Ya know the old motto, "Come for the polls stay for the people. A place where all kinds of different folks roam. A place free from being judge based on your sexual preferance. A place where you can express your thoughts, vaules, and beliefs as long as your willing to accept they don't hold the same things of vaule as you. Tis a place where we all join from many different countries to all unite as one funfilled place. A place where you can go to get away from your real life if you deem so. A place where there are girls o plenty with very few guys. Then you can knock it even smaller with how many of those guys are just straight. A place where jokes are a plenty as long as they aren't hurful. Sure they might ban you for shits n giggles but really if it was ment more in the joking mannor you will know that they really just love you here.... Tis just one big guild filled with a huge heart, and though sometimes that heart may grow cold there are always those of us who want to warn it back up and help it grow into the best place to be.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:42 pm
When I first heard the line in Watchmen, Where Dr. Manhattan says to Laurie Juspeczyk about he was mistaken about Miracles. "...Until your mother loves a man she has every reason to hate, and of that union, of the thousand, million children competing for fertilization it was YOU. ONLY you, that emerged", it reminded me of the Suites.

Of the millions of people in this whole world, such a selection of gifted, intelligent and unique individuals joined in one online community, and made it completely breathtaking. I'm honoured to be apart of it. :]

In conclusion, you guys are awesome.  

Sunday Morning Hangover

Primordial Nothing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:08 am
I'm one of those people who has to know everything. A yente, my best friend calls me. With as many different interests as there are in the Suites, I can rely on being able to get online and find out what's happening in just about any field, be it the artistic, the crafty, the musical, the personal, the political, the comedic, the uplifting, the religious, the tragic, the quirky, or the amazing. The Suites is a Yente Smorgasbord and owes this quality to the diverse tastes of our manly members.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am
I vote that we change the name of the guild to Yente Smorgasbord. rofl  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

TheSilentLurker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:19 pm
o.Ok I've been lurking the Suites ever since it was B.S.O.P... It was the first and only guild I have ever joined.. I've seen many of things and people change in the three and a half years of silently watching...
I guess the reason I keep lurking around in here is the people.
You people are like family to me now..

I know all your secrets, your wants, and your desires..

Never underestimate the power of the lurkers..

We know everything... ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:20 pm
I have 2 more reasons I love The Suites

Reason 1
User Image

Reason 2
User Image

We're high class people.
3nodding

Rose Mitsubushi

Memorable Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]