Welcome to Gaia! ::

House of Rahl: A Sword of Truth Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for fans of the book series, Terry Goodkind, and yes, even the tv series. 

Tags: Terry Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Rahl, Seeker, Role Play 

Reply Azrith Plains
How awesome would it be?!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Walking Dead Italian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:20 pm
I'm a new member and I dabble in game design with a kinda out of date program (2D and kinda eh graphics) I could make a mini game with the program, but it won't be very good quality wise! Just my input!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:58 am
le misanthrope
i'd rather be nathan rahl. ;D ;D or cara.

Mee too ! ; Or Richard or Kahlan or Zedd ? They seem all pretty awesome .
By the way yeah , that would be fully amazing .  

why_wait28

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:50 pm
coldpyro_0
I'm a new member and I dabble in game design with a kinda out of date program (2D and kinda eh graphics) I could make a mini game with the program, but it won't be very good quality wise! Just my input!
Just make sure you get any permissions you have to have before you make it available for others to play. I'd hate to hear of you getting sued over an idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:09 am
I think a video game would be an even worse flop then the TV series. They would probibly seriously F it over, and turn it into a plotless hack and slash. There are not to many things form the book that would convert to a video game very well, and so i think it is better to just live it be. I think Goodkind should have waited a bit longer a waited for someone to offer him a movie deal unstead of TV series as i think with a decent cast and a more true to book inturpitation a movie could have been extremely good. At least for the first 2 books.

If however there was a game, and it was really good, i'd rather play as Darken Rahl.  

Draconous07

Mordsith Mistress92

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:32 am
I think a rpg would be an awesome idea.. but if it turned into a massive one then everyone couldnt be the characters they wanted to me... we would have 2000 richards 2000 kahlans ect... it seems like a good idea but who ever created it would have to put limits on things.. rules and such  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:37 pm
Draconous07
I think a video game would be an even worse flop then the TV series. They would probibly seriously F it over, and turn it into a plotless hack and slash. There are not to many things form the book that would convert to a video game very well, and so i think it is better to just live it be. I think Goodkind should have waited a bit longer a waited for someone to offer him a movie deal unstead of TV series as i think with a decent cast and a more true to book inturpitation a movie could have been extremely good. At least for the first 2 books.

If however there was a game, and it was really good, i'd rather play as Darken Rahl.
They actually wanted to do movies, but with the story told over 12 books, it was a bit long for movies. At least that's what I read about it.  

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Draconous07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:56 pm
Lord Raven Rahl
Draconous07

They actually wanted to do movies, but with the story told over 12 books, it was a bit long for movies. At least that's what I read about it.
Well the beauty of the book series is that if a movie was made, it could stop at the end of book one simply because it would wrap up a story very nicely and it wouldn;t need any others. But of course there would be.

Also it would be very easy to mesh books together who have the same bad guy. Also with all the detail goodkind put into his writing, and the extra background that sometimes was a little pointless, i think you could get all the main points of the book, and get a good idea of each characters personility in probibly 6 movies at most. Probibly 5. Which would be no worse then Harry Potter and its 8 movies. Yes i said 8, for those who do not know Deathly hollows is going to be a two part movie. Not to mention there are rumors Rowling could be working on an 8th book installment.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:11 pm
If they made it slightly more personal that would also be cool. I recall in another forum how a person mentioned the idea of you being a soldier and something, and how there could be cutscenes of the characters' conversations and speeches. And you would be witness to the whole thing!
Imagine...Zedd or Richard talking to you!  

Patches the Drow

dot_hack_ver2

2,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:12 pm
if they could pull it off it would be awesome quick suggestion though when playing richard there should be a rage meter the madder you get the less repercussion you have after the kill  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:17 am
It sounds great. Why don't you put together a pitch and contact Blizzard entertainment?
They are pretty cool about ideas. Fill in as many blanks and put in a few different types, single, group, co-op, first person, third person... blah blah blah.

Just send it in to, umm...

Blizzard Entertainment
P.O. Box 18979
Irvine, CA 92623

I can't remember the email or number to call, but you can look for them.  

Ianus Diabolus

Aquavender

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:50 pm
First Wizard Zorander
User Image

>¤<

I don't know how much faith I have left in people to do good things with the stuff I love anymore...

a) Socom: Confrontation was a total flop and Slant Six is still screwing us over...

b) Legend of the Seeker was a mortal blow to my soul and no longer exists to me...

c) The ending to 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' has me in a very depressed and stunned state (and I have been for 2 days now)...

d) The movie for 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' was probably one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life...

As of right now, I have nothing to look forward to or put my trust in.

BUT if a SOT video game comes out [ever], I will buy it no matter what smile

>¤<

User Image

i disagree. the last harry potter book was very good, in my opinion, the best.
i also thought the movie for the half blood prince was pretty good. granted, not as good as the book, but still...  
Azrith Plains

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff