Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faith Black's Multi-purpose Friend Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is a hangout for everyone on Gaia. Members are encouraged to talk about just about anything, plus, we have monthly giveaways! 

Tags: giveaway, contest, hangout, friend, game 

Reply General
"It's the law, a*****e!!" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good, yes?
  Yesh! ^-^
View Results

Natsumi Kurenai Uchiha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:36 am
darkdoom227
How might I

In Portland, Oregon, it is illegal to bathe or shower whilst naked.

Counter-intuitive, much?

be of assistance?

That is just plain weird....  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:42 pm
I believe this law is still in effect. There is a federal law in the US that says it's illegal to say "gesundheit" when somebody sneezes. It's a leftover from WW2, when everybody saw communists everywhere, and the government got way powerful with martial law. Apparently, speaking German must mean you're a spy, regardless of whether you know it or not. xd That one always makes me laugh. I always say gesundheit when somebody sneezes now.  

Irako of the Desert

Earnest Paladin

18,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Team Kitten Star 75
  • Hesitant Participant 100

profuse

Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:21 am
In Texas they just passed a law where the person riding in the backseat of a car has to wear the seat belt.
Also they made it illegal to drive in certain places while talking on your cell phone.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:51 am
Cailetslover
I just thought of a really good one.

In many counties in Colorado, they have actually ban a breed of dog. How stupid is that? Pigs & deer are known to kill more humans a year than this breed of dog. It's called a pitbull.

Its very unfortunate however its because of the people themselves that raise the dogs and treat them badly and treat them to be visious so they attack other people. But the ones that are raised right and are loving and friendly are still frowned upon... I live in CO i know how badly that law sucks stressed  

Qu33nOfCh405

Qu33nOfCh405

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:57 am
I had a cop try to tell me that if your under 21 your not allowed to drive with anyone in the car and tried to give me a ticket cuz i had 3 other people in the car (We all were over 18 however)... Needless to say i laughed in his face asked to talk to his boss and he walked away, i know the driving laws for my state blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 am
Irako of the Desert
I believe this law is still in effect. There is a federal law in the US that says it's illegal to say "gesundheit" when somebody sneezes. It's a leftover from WW2, when everybody saw communists everywhere, and the government got way powerful with martial law. Apparently, speaking German must mean you're a spy, regardless of whether you know it or not. xd That one always makes me laugh. I always say gesundheit when somebody sneezes now.

*gasp* eek COMMUNIST!  

hazel843

hazel843

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:53 am
xX-MunkyB-Xx
In Texas they just passed a law where the person riding in the backseat of a car has to wear the seat belt.
Also they made it illegal to drive in certain places while talking on your cell phone.

Thats not that stupid, in fact they make sence  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:32 pm
The Sexy BunBun

Come to Canada, you'll love it here.

It's illegal to not wear a seatbelt (Though this makes sense :/ )
If you're drunk it is illegal to sit in your car behind the wheel.
You are not prohibited to talk on the phone while driving, at all.

meeiji

Monster Ship

cre8ive_ovadose

Lonely Lunatic

17,425 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:13 pm
I don't know if this one is still enforcible but here goes:

In Australia, all taxi drivers must carry a bale of hay in their trunk.

And in Alaska it's illegal to push a moose out of a moving aeroplane.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:13 am
In Georgia, my home state, it's against the law to commit suicide.

stare

What are they gonna do? Drag your corpse in and prosecute you?

"I hereby sentence you to jail for the rest of your undead life!"

Yeah, I'm sure that would go over well.

xd  

Night Kunoichi

Wheezing Wyvern

10,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

FaithBlack
Vice Captain

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:27 am
The Sexy BunBun

Why are these stupid laws? They enforce safety.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:32 pm
In Illinois it's illegal to speak the English language because they believe that as long as you live in America you speak American not English.

In Chicago it is forbidden to fish while sitting on a giraffe’s neck, it is legal to protest naked in front of city hall as long as you are under seventeen years of age and have legal permits, and it is forbidden to eat in a place that is on fire.

In Cicero it's prohibited to hum on public streets on Sunday.

In Evanston it's bowling is forbidden.

In New Mexico idiots may not vote.

In Las Cruces it's illegal to carry a lunchbox down Main Street.

In Georgia all sex toys are banned, donkeys aren't allowed to be kept in bathtubs, and no one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket on Sunday.

In Acworth all citizens must own a rake.

In Athens-Clarke County adult bookstores may not sell alcohol. If you want to read your favorite book in public to your friends, do it before 2:45 AM. Though being forced to close your business is bad enough, Athens-Clarke County forces one to obtain a license before holding a Going-Out-Of-Business sale. Goldfish may not be given away to entice someone to enter a game of bingo. Persons under the age of 16 may not play pinball after 11:00 PM. It is illegal for one to make a disturbing sound at a fair. On Mondays, it is illegal for one to whistle very loud after 11:00 PM. Alabama slingshots may not be used in the city limits.

In Atlanta it is against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole or street lamp. One man may not be on another man’s back.

And there are so much more in Georgia.  

Kreditt

Desirable Cleric

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100

Kreditt

Desirable Cleric

7,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:35 pm
OH YEAH!

In England you can't hang a bed out of a window.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:19 am
In certain cities in my state, establishments which sell alcohol must have enough lighting to read text inside them.

Yeeah, because people go to bars to read...  

Flamemylove

General

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces