Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 5:: Topic: Resources.
Do you reuse stuff? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Five of Swords

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:07 pm
I reuse as much as I can for a 15 year old lol
paper bags
theres not very much around the house other than that I can reuse.
any tips?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:34 pm
sarina_x_screams_x_murder
paper bags
any tips?

Wash out used soft drink bottles and reuse them (put water in instead, saves you having to buy bottles water as well)  

Sayonara-tan

Liberal Gekko

7,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Healer 50

The Five of Swords

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:54 pm
thanks lots =D

Will do

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:11 am
i've been considering that idea of re-usable water bottles. thanks for the reminder smile .  

Metal Wallflower

Tirpse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:25 pm
For reusable water bottles that you can keep filling up, I'd suggest a stainless steel water bottle. They're more durable, and you can fill them up many more times than a plastic bottle. Plastic bottles also aren't recommended to be filled up again and drank from, because the plastic can release toxins into your water. A stainless steel bottle won't do that, and it's more durable. You can use it for the rest of your life, so long as you don't beat it up.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:53 pm
TomV
paper bags
any tips?

Wash out used soft drink bottles and reuse them (put water in instead, saves you having to buy bottles water as well)

I don't recommend this since bottles have a limited reusing number (look under the bottle for a triangle and a number inside, this is the limit of how many you can reuse the bottle), If the bottle had surpassed that limit the bottle becomes carcinogenic(carcinogenic = can cause cancer).  

The Silver Paradox

Familiar Phantom

franKii924

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:31 am
TheVampireWerewolf
TomV
paper bags
any tips?

I don't recommend this since bottles have a limited reusing number (look under the bottle for a triangle and a number inside, this is the limit of how many you can reuse the bottle), If the bottle had surpassed that limit the bottle becomes carcinogenic(carcinogenic = can cause cancer).

yeah my parents use the stainless steel ones Tirpse talked about. i mostly reuse paper  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:32 pm
TheVampireWerewolf
TomV
paper bags
any tips?

eh, everything causes cancer. but i thought that those numbers meant the type of plastic it was made of

most of the stuff i reuse is made up of plastic bags, plastic water bottles, and boxes. i collect every small box i can find to make toys and stuff for my rats  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

fantalover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:19 am
well I recycle, I strip copper wire and turn it in for money, I know this isn't good for the air but I burn wood for heat and to keep it out of landfills, but I do put the ashes in our compost bin.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:23 am
paper bags
any tips?
Have you or are throwing anything with a cord on it because if you are then maybe you could strip the copper and turn it in for money (I advise that if the wire is too small then don't bother striping it just turn it in as "dirty" copper).  

fantalover

5:: Topic: Resources.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces