Welcome to Gaia! ::

~In His World~ A Sonic Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild for Sonic Fans and Sonic Roleplayers. 

Tags: Sonic, Roleplay, Hedgehog, Role, Play 

Reply ◊Sonic Discussion◊
Sonic's in a car AGAIN!!! D: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Saiyan Warrior

Vice Captain

O.G. Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:48 pm
I remember Sonic Drift XD
Didn't play it that much though @_@ since I didn't like it that much >_>
Well I went to Comic-Con today and they had a small Sega booth with a demo of this game and a few other games. The others were just Bleach and Planet 51 not really anything too interesting....So I went in and played it! ^O^
It was okay......well as what it was now.....it's coming out in 2010 so there could be many changes.

Let's see.
The demo was played on the PS3 btw

Graphics: Basically the same as Sonic Unleashed on the Wii. Looked pretty decent I guess.

Sound: It was either muted or it was so loud in the convention center that I couldn't hear so I couldn't hear how it sounded.

Track Design: The back ground was pretty good but I don't know the track design I played on was er.....kinda bland. Not really much going on to stop you and not many items are placed around.

Gameplay: The cars go at a decent speed for a racing game but I think as this is Sonic it should go at least as fast as Sonic in Sonic Unleashed! The controls are pretty smooth for the most part. It doesn't use motion control which I find is a good thing. Basically you use the L2 and R2 triggers to Accelerate and Decelerate, the left Analog stick to steer, (x) to use items, and R1 and L1 to do tricks. The items are gained by running into item boxes like in the regular games. A roulette pops up in the bottom left corner of the screen (Just like Mario Kart) and when it shows you the item you press X if you want to use it. The items I found were basically bombs you threw at people and items to increase your speed. I also got a Super Transformation one time and I could have sworn Sonic was flipping off the people he hit and passed in Super Form. O.o Doing Tricks can also increase speed.

Overall from what I saw the gameplay's okay. I didn't really find it addictive or all that fun. In fact the level was kinda long or at least felt long. O.o I was thinking to myself when was this going to end D: Not a good sign.

Note: I only played one Track with Sonic and this is a demo of the game coming in 2010 so of course this isn't an accurate review of the actual game. I'll probably play this tomorrow because I wanna ask Sega people questions. 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:16 pm
I think its cool and it has wifi and if you were a true sonic fan youd buy this game  

Deku Midoriya

XMajestic_Dreaming_AngelX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:35 pm
rasenganmaster65
I think its cool and it has wifi and if you were a true sonic fan youd buy this game

Oh god i hate it when people say that. "true" Sonic fans come in all shapes and sizes. I'm more of a sonic adventure sonic fan, while you are aparantly new school sonic. Either way, You can be a "True" sonic fan even if you don't want one of the games.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:36 pm
Honestly, I believe the racing game thats coming out seems a little overboard. But the one exception that sega has created that shifted our thoughts was F-zero Gx (Sorry if thats going off the guilds topic, but it is related to sega).  

Superonimalco

Voidling

Familiar Foe

9,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:49 pm
OK TO ME SONIC SHOULD NOT BE IN A CAR

REASON1:HES A RUNNER

REASON2:ITS RUINS SONICS IMAGE

REASON3:MARIO SHOUL BE THE ONLY ONE IN A CAR..so now netiondo might call copyright threats to sega now there sued mean no more sonc!!!

REASON4:if sonics in a car then all running characters have to be in a car as well....  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:55 pm
Scars-of-an-Undead
Tomare
...Why does the fastest thing alive need a car?

So that others against him can match with his speed biggrin
It's a race where everyone's equal at speed and it's also stylish. I'm not that interested in the new game though - car racing games aren't my thing.

why will he need to compiete on somthing he knows he can win??
if u ask me sonic rider1,2 sonic R and sonic drift (ect) are an abomination to the sonic gen. wheels vs sonics feet -winner sonic- the only car that might be able to beat sonic is if shadow made a car :I.........  

Voidling

Familiar Foe

9,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • PvP 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Gohon7

Friendly Shapeshifter

6,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:34 am
xxxChaos Sodaxxx
Uggggg

As much as I liked the Kart racing in SA2 I don't think there should be an entire gamer based on it...........(though it probably isn't)
Not to mention why make it! If Super stars tennis didn't do that great why would a racing game be? Jet Grind Radio Characters better be in it btw ninja
Thoughts?

IDC I WANT THAT GAME BAD DX  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:37 pm
1_kool_kookie
Scars-of-an-Undead
Tomare
...Why does the fastest thing alive need a car?

So that others against him can match with his speed biggrin
It's a race where everyone's equal at speed and it's also stylish. I'm not that interested in the new game though - car racing games aren't my thing.

why will he need to compiete on somthing he knows he can win??
if u ask me sonic rider1,2 sonic R and sonic drift (ect) are an abomination to the sonic gen. wheels vs sonics feet -winner sonic- the only car that might be able to beat sonic is if shadow made a car :I.........

He'll want to compete to rub in his ego D'UH! :B And the car racing is more of a stylish, fan-base thing.No need to spaz about them being an abomination =|

I personally liked Sonic R considering the characters were racing by foot.  

Scars-of-an-Undead
Crew

Friendly Camper

Chaos Management

4,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:49 am
I haven't played yet, and somewhere I doubt I'll ever get to it, but I thought it looked stylish and fun. It's not just Sonic by himself, either. Anyone who might not be a fan might be interested in seeing all of the Sega characters assembled like this.

I can see how he'd like driving - it might not have the same exhileration as running, but it's an excuse for him to take another thing to insane speeds. He might not have the patience for sitting in a slow moving car, but racecars would require more control than just his own two feet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:15 am
I have yet to play it. But it also depends on if can fit the interest level that I would expect.  

Superonimalco

Superonimalco

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:08 pm
I wonder what else Sonic team is gonna throw at the world.  
◊Sonic Discussion◊

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff