Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Nights/North] Chapter I : Let The Rain Fall Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:14 pm
"There's probably nothing there anyway," she mutters under her breath, to reassure herself.

Miai's voice causes her to jump, fumbling with the reigns of the horses for a moment before she regains her grip. Holding them firmly, she slowly turns her eyes to look at the other woman: "Not that I can remember... Which is something I'm glad for. New towns are always an interesting, but often, disappointing experience."

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:27 pm
Ider just smiled as he took the reigns and got into the driver's set. "You can use my cloak to dry off and there is a gallon of ale in there. A dwarf I once knew swore that it could warm up a winter wolf!" He said with a small chuckle.

(Spot 19 Listen N1)  

glitterboypilot

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:34 pm
"I suppose they can be an interesting experience. But what makes you think of them as disappointing?" Sitting comfortably at the wagon, Miai occasionally glances out ahead of them then back to the human woman she's conversating with.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:59 pm
"Because I think.. Its' a new place. There must be so much to do, so much to see, and so many new people to talk to. But they always have nothing to do like the next town, as many interesting sights as a pit full of rats, and the people aren't interested in talking or have nothing to say that I'm interested in," she shrugs after her long-winded explanation, though she did bring it on herself. She keeps listening for the wolves as he speak, hoping that the pack was wise enough to stay away. She'd hate to see any of them die needlessly, especially if she failed to get through to them...  

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:09 pm
"Mm...I suppose you have a point there. Though if you spend time with some of the people, you might find that their lives are interesting in little ways. They find pleasure in the simple things in life...things we often take for granted..."

For a moment, the blonde woman stared off into another place, her mind wandering as if reminded of something before snapping back to the present.

"Oh...sorry about that."  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:10 am
"Well, thanks!" Adriel called out. He removed his Cloak of Elvenkind - he wouldnt need to hide in a caravan anyway - and put on the mages cloak, wrapping it around himself. "I might have a few sips, but not a lot! Got to stay alert, after all!" He grabbed the enormous jug, and took a hearty swig, grimacing as he swallowed. "By the gods, he's got his hands on some good stuff." he said to himself, taking one last swig before restopping it and setting it down.  

x_Adriel_x

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:28 pm
"Unless they have something interesting to tell me, I have no interest in them," she mutters. It may sound a bit harsh, but it was the truth. Only giving a shrug if her shoulders when Miai apologies.

"And you? Have you ever been there?"

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:01 am

Ider see's a whinged form preached on a trea out in the forest. Only a silouette is seen in the crack of lightning.

The town draws closer as the rain eases up slightly. Upahead torches are burning. As the lead caravan reaches the baracade that has been set up a voice calls out "Passsage will be 300 gold per caravan" A hooked form would anounce as he walked from the shelter of the trees to the side of the road.

((Spot and listens again, along with anyone who has knowlage local n_n))

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:05 am

Adriel sees atleast 3 other hoooded figurers at positions around the road.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:44 pm
(Not sure if this is how you use those stones. If it's more of a thought thing, let me know.)

Adriel looked out the window, and counted four very shady-looking characters. He quickly grabbed his sending stone out of his Haversack, And began sending a message to Ider. "These guys look shady to me." he whispered to the stone. "Act like you don't speak Common, I'll handle this. Tell the others to be ready for a battle."

He stepped out the caravan, and stepped towards the driver's seat, facing Ider. "Don't worry, I'll handle this." he said in Elven. He then turned towards the man that had stopped them, smiling charmingly.

"You'll have to forgive my friend, he doesn't speak Common. I always have to translate for him." He said,chuckling slightly. "So, what is it you needed, sir?" As he waited for the man's answer, Adriel watched all of his bodily movements, his eye movements, every little detail that could give away his disposition.

(Bluff = 23, Sense Motive = 24)  

x_Adriel_x

Reevinja Mk II
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:00 pm
[ Listen: 18 || Spot: 18 ]

Lydia narrows her eyes at the little barricade, easing her carriage to a stop. There was something about the situation that she didn't like, but she wasn't quite sure what it was. Taking a moment, she grabs her coin pouch to check how much she had.. quickly coming to realize that it was nowhere near enough.

"Anything you can do to get us out of this?" She whispers to Miai, leaning close so the other woman would better be able to hear. She didn't quite understand the point in the lie the other was making, but chose not to comment in the event someone overhears.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:39 pm
Miai's features remained hidden for the most part by the hood of her cloak, though she reached back to give a reassuring squeeze of the bow she wears across her back. She leaned her over to respond to Lydia. "Perhaps...if need be...hopefully, that one has a plan to get us by without making us beggars or forcing us into a fight."  

bamaotaku
Crew

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:13 am
"As you wish." Ider replied in elven, before looking the looking the chooked person once over, looking for some kind of emblem or marking, and nodding as a friendly juster to the person. Ider looked back at the lady's carriage to make sure they got the message. When he seen Miai reach for her bow, he took it that they already knew.

Spot 11
Listen 6
Knowledge(Local) 19  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:24 am

((Sending is a mental effect, so you only have to think of the message to send n_n))

Looking at the driver that had been indicated for not speaking common the hooded man simply shrugged taking the information without a question "Speaking common or not, it is still a toll of 300 gold per caravan to pass this road as this is my land and the weather is not helping my living, so a toll will be payed or you will be taking the travels back down the road and over to Wintervale, a treatous road indeed" The man grinned slightly at that, as a shift in his movment seemed a little too predetermined to Adriel. Realising it was a signal for those around them.

Lydia hears a soft thud behind her,on top of the caravan as she sees two of the lurkers on the left move down behind the caravans.

Ider knew the story about the crop was a lie, the farming land was further to the south, in Alevale. The land was simply too acidy and marshy for effective farming in this part of the land.

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

bamaotaku
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:32 pm
Placing her hand on their sending stone, Miai thinks of the message she wants to convey to the rest.

"If this becomes a fight, please do not look at me. I do not want my appearance to adversely affect any of you."

The message sent, Miai waits to see what the outcome will be.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff