Welcome to Gaia! ::

House of Rahl: A Sword of Truth Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for fans of the book series, Terry Goodkind, and yes, even the tv series. 

Tags: Terry Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Rahl, Seeker, Role Play 

Reply Azrith Plains
Which was your favorite book and why? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArtemisiaAbsynthe

O.G. Guildswoman

10,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:48 pm
Xx-Epic-Fail-Xx
So far (Im on SotF atm) my favorite has been Stone of Tears.
1. Introduced Nathan. ( I have the hots for a 1000 year old man sweatdrop )
2. I loved how Verna grew as a character.
3. Introduced Nathan.... I think I have a thing for Prophets... eek eek
Oh I do to xD I love that one little part in Temple of The Winds xD  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:42 pm
Lord Raven Rahl
I'm re-reading the series and I'm on the 6th book, Faith of the Fallen. Now that I'm into it, I seem to remember liking that one best. It's the one where Nicci takes Richard back to the Old World to Altur Rang and he starts a revolution.

I also enjoyed that book the most, it display's Richard friendly personality at it's best he befriended the entire town, helped the apartments around him become respectable places, all the while working in the very heart of his enemies backyard! My absolute favorite part was the statue and how detailed Goodkind went into those pages! I could see the statue in my head and it was beautiful! The reaction of the people just help sharpen and hone that image! Terry Goodkind is by far the best writer I have ever seen!  

Walking Dead Italian

dot_hack_ver2

2,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:21 am
My favs i would say are faith of the fallen and stone of tears i love the characters in them and the interplay between them lol i actually read those 2 so much my bindings split in 2 although the thing with the namble in stone of tears gave me a few weird dreams  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:02 pm
My Favorites have to be the first and the last book in the series, Wizard's First Rule and Confessor, but out of all the middle books it was deffinately Faith of the Fallen.

I know we dont have to say but my least favorite was Naked Empire. I didn't really understand what that had to do with plot.. it was like Terry was in a daze in the book... Its been a long time since a read that one so thats just what i remember about it.  

Mordsith Mistress92

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

BriBaby45

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:03 pm
[align=center]Personally the Confessor was my favorite book because you wait through the series for the battle between Jangang and Richard and you got to see what became of the Chainfire spell and what ending up happening to Richard and Kahlan biggrin Wizards First Rule ties for first place because you know,? it just started the series and introduced you to the characters, and got you hooked to read Stone of Tears biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:12 am
my favorite right now is confessor.  

the real gifted brother

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Ianus Diabolus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:31 am
My favorite has to be Faith of the Fallen.

He goes to where he feels at home, and takes Kahlan and Cara with him. You see how much he loves her and tell me you didn't smile when she made it to the window and saw them sitting there.
He fights with her to get her healthier, even gets Cara naming squirrels.

Then he leaves with Nicci. Gives the Sword to Kahlan, all ready for more blood. He goes wit her and goes through hell. Yet, everywhere he goes, the place is a little better for having him.
He goes to the very heart of Jagang's way of life, where Jagang's ideals are strongest, and just ekking out a living, he makes the place better. Everything runs smoother, people are actually happier after being with him, except for Gadi. (the guy who, umm rated PG-13. Was 'with' Nicci when she was mad...)
He was the only person that didn't live a better life just knowing Richard.

Gotta love it when he makes Kahlan pull the Sword. Her action, not the whole stab him and Nicci gets pulled away... thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:57 pm
My favorite is Faith of the falllen, i love how terry described the statue..and i loved seeing nicci turn good it was way creapy..the other books come in a close second.  

slrchrissy

Azrith Plains

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces