Welcome to Gaia! ::

House of Rahl: A Sword of Truth Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for fans of the book series, Terry Goodkind, and yes, even the tv series. 

Tags: Terry Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Rahl, Seeker, Role Play 

Reply Azrith Plains
Books vs. Legend of the Seeker tv series Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the tv show any good at all?
  Heck No!!! Blasphemer!!!
  Eh, they could've done SOOOO much better with it
  I absolutely love it and never miss an episode!
View Results

Raven Rahl
Captain

Desirable Wolf

14,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:15 pm
Sister of the Dark Skylar
I think that the casting was good, but OMW!!! WHAT IS WITH THE EPISODES!!! THEY TOTALLY SCREWED IT UP TRYING TO MAKE IT ONLY ONE SEASON!!! ARGH!!
btb, did anyone notice Darken Rahl also played Haldir in LOTR?
I recognized him AFTER the series was ended.
yeah, I noticed that a long time ago. I think I posted somewhere that if they had left him in his blonde, LoTR wig, he'd have looked a lot closer to the way Darken Rahl was described in the book.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:21 pm
You are SO right!
I thought Haldir was hot... the actor looked good with dark hair, but, since the character was at heart a Rahl, they should have stuck to the Blonde hair blue eyes. Even if it DID mean contacts and wigs. biggrin

LadyScribe Skylar

1,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Victor Black256

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:03 pm
moon_huntress17
after i read wizard's first rule, i realized how badly they screwed up the series. i watched every single episode, and, no, the confessor's touch is permanent (thank God) but they didn't exactly stress enough HOW permanent is was, beacuse all the confessed died at the end of every episode. except for one, and i forgot who that was. also they screwed up the season finale so badly....Richard and Cara get sent 50 years in the future, and they have to look for kahlan's son to confess richard and let them go back in time again.

it was so sad.

-Elle

Seasn Finale? which episode is that. I have seen all the way up to episode ten where they got the box of orden and kept it from Rahl.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:56 am
Lord Raven Rahl
Now before everyone goes nuts about how much the tv show sucks, lets look at some of the positives.

I think they did a great job on the actors for Richard, Kahlan (which I still think should be pronounced 'Kah-lahn' instead of 'Kay-lan') and Zedd, among some others. Not counting Darken because they screwed that up (he's supposed to be blonde!!!)

The fight scenes are pretty fun to watch and are better (in my opinion) to those from Xena and Hercules, the show's predecessors.

We get to see some other missions that weren't in the books.... eh? anyone? xd

I agree, actually. There are tons of stuff that they screwed up, but I mean I can bear to watch it just because I love the books. I hope they don't screw up Nathan, or Nicci in the next series.  

why_wait28

Victor Black256

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:31 pm
WHEN DID THE SEASON FINALE HAPPEN!?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:02 pm
Well I'm in New Zealand and the Season Finale is on Wednesday. Can't wait to see how they screw it up!  

why_wait28

Victor Black256

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:28 pm
this wednesday? holy crap, how many episodes were in it, like ten, eleven?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:08 pm
Honestly, the tv series would be good as it is. Just a movie to watch, or for entertainment ect.. but as to following the book and its plot they did a poor job. It could have been alot better  

Mordsith Mistress92

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Xander32

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:06 pm
First off I loved the Wizards First Rule , but the part about the mord-sith how they had the guy tell richard how they become one that is BS and richard was in captivity at the peoples palace right? When Richard killed Denna and turned the blade white she was not brought back to life at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:25 pm
I got about half way through the first ep. before my sides just hurt from laughing to much. But it was like a train wrek I just had to watch the next one to see how much more they screwed up. Had i never read the books, it would have been a pretty good series actually.

I think i probibly made it too ep. 7 before i just called it quits.  

Draconous07

ThePurpleTrekkie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:35 pm
I loved it AND the books. IDK why, but I did. I was so mad that the mud people scenes didn't happen. That could have been there instead of half of the crap that NEVER happened at all. I want to know if they are filming a second season, might go IMDB that now.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:01 am
Sister of the Dark Skylar
I think that the casting was good, but OMW!!! WHAT IS WITH THE EPISODES!!! THEY TOTALLY SCREWED IT UP TRYING TO MAKE IT ONLY ONE SEASON!!! ARGH!!
btb, did anyone notice Darken Rahl also played Haldir in LOTR?
I recognized him AFTER the series was ended.

THats where i have seen him before. i knew he had casted in another film/show thingy i had seen before.  

Victor Black256

Victor Black256

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:03 am
just bought Wizard's first rule last night and have begun to read it. two pages in. but i got a ten hour bus ride to fix that.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:07 pm
The t.v. show kind of drove me nuts because i was expecting it to follow the books and i felt that they didnt follow any bit of the books sad They picked pretty good actors for everyone but Richard, i thought lol smile I thought he was to skinny and didnt play up to the handsome character in the book smile and ive always pronounced it Kay-lin, but Kah-lan does sound good to smile

BriBaby45

souldragon81

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:42 pm
StateAlchemist Natsu
I like the show granted there are things that I want to take a dulled spoon and try to dig out the people eye balls. While other times I love to see what happens the Episode Mirror made me have to use the restroom upon several occasions because I was laughing so hard.
blaugh lol blaugh  
Azrith Plains

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces