Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
What is your favorite Quote? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stacieakapink5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:31 pm
I think the line from the first book "If you were half as funny as you thought you were you would be twice as funny as you are." is totally classic! You go Madame Dorthea! heart blaugh blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:37 pm
"Don't. ... I'm realy not in the mood right now." [Clary]
"That's the first time a girl's ever said that to me," [Jace]
"Stick with me and it won't be the last."[Clary]
"This is hardly the time for idle banter. We have garbage to haul." [Jace]

"you think he goes to Xavier's"
"Very funny"
"You're right. He's too old to be a student. I think I had him for chem last year."
Simon and Clary [on Magnus]

"Move it along, teenagers. The only person who gets to canoodle in my bedroom is my magnificent self." [Magnus]
"Canoodle?" [Clary]
"Magnificent?" [Jace]

"Vampires are such Proma Donnas, Honestly I dont know why I throw these parties."
"Because of your cat,"
"That's true. Chairman Meow deserves my every effort."
Magnus and Clary

~City of Bones

I have plenty of others, from City of Ashes too but I thought I should take a break now before I get too excited again XP  

MyLady Lilipop

MyLady Lilipop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:50 pm
No wait I have to do it:

"Mom and Dad wont be pleased if they find out." [Isabelle]
"That you freed a possible criminal by trading away your brother to a warlock who looks like a gay Sonic the Hedgehog and dresses like the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?"...."No, probably not." [Simon]

"Have you got a spider anywhere?" [C]
"Why would I have a spider? Do I look like someone who would collect them?" [L]
"No offense, but you kinda do" [J]

"What about the dark? We could lock you in the basement."
"I'm a demon hunter, Clearly I am not afraid of the dark."
"Well, you might be."
"But I'm not"
Alec and Clary

~City of Ashes  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:46 pm
"you and your demon slaying buddies need a ride from my mom?" Simon

"You can hang your head out the window if you like..." Clary
"I'm a werewolf, not a golden retriever" Luke

"I'm out of commission. Look. See? Jammies." Jace

"Pretty soon the only people left without a girlfriend will be me and the school janitor." Simon

And Jace says some other hilarious things people have already said...oh, "I do all sorts of bad things. I kick kittens. I make rude gestures at nuns."  

Kan_Tsunami

Ace-Light

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:22 pm
Most of my Favorites are taken but heres a couple:
"Because the less you say the more badass you are.Ever see those action movies where the commandoes nod at each other? they're saying Im badass and i recognize that you too are a badass. except they cant say it cause theyre wolverine and magnito"--Simon
"Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesnt make it a rubber duck does it? And god help the poor b*****d that wants to take a bath with that ducky."-- Jace  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:26 pm
here is more quotes:

"Why aren't you filthy?"-Alec
"I'm pure at heart...it repels the dirt."-Izzy.
"Filthy inside and out."-Jace
[City of Ashes]

"I figured all your classes were stuff like Slaughtering 101 and Beheading for Beginners."-Clary
[City of Bones]

"Magnus Bane>Dumbledore."
[i don't remember]

Anaya_of_Wolves

Dangerous Wolf

14,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

aewprincess

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:00 pm
"I told you it was the same girl."
"I know. Little thing isn't she? Jace said she killed a Ravener."
"Yah. I thought she was a pixie the time we saw her. She's not pretty enough to be a pixie though."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:26 pm
My Favorite quote is from Jace. Its "The meek may inherit the earth, but at the moment it belongs to the conceited. Like me." Its from City of Bones but I still havn't gotten over it! I love it... and him  

Starpphire101

IxIHoneyIxI

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:41 pm
Ok I pick sad ones because there the best. ><

You wanna know what else my mom said about you? {Simon}
Clary looks up....
She said you'd break my heart {Simon}

The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he learned:

That to love is to distroy,
and that to be loved is to be the one distroyed
{Jace}

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:19 pm
Just look at my signiture ^^
It isnt exactly a direct quote, but i like when Simon is trying to "come out to" his parents about being a vampire and replaces the word gay with undead and he says something like..

"Undead people are just like me and you...wait..no more like me then you"

XD  

Jace-shadowhunter

ElletNah_Sword

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:41 pm
I cant remember how it goes but it was something Sebastian said to Clary and her saying something about him being sexist and he said he also helps gentlemen in distress, That was classic I really wish I had the book on me to look the qoutes.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:00 am
aha , i have plenty . mines are ;;

City of Bones :
• "Meanwhile," Simon added, "I wanted to tell you that lately I've been cross-dressing. Also, I'm sleeping with your mom, I thought you should know."
"Simon!" Clary shouted.
"What?" Simon looked alarmed. "I'm not really sleeping with your mom, you know. I was just trying to get your attention. Not that your mom isn't a very attractive women, for her age." (pg6-7)
• "I was laughing at you because declarations of love amuse me, especially when unrequited," he (Jace) said. (pg41)
• Clary recollected something. "I thought you guys said only some of the vampire bikes could fly?"
"only some of them can!" -Jace
"How did you know this was one of them?"
"I didn't!" (pg289-290)
• . . . "Do they bloom every night?" -Clary
"Only at midnight," he said. "Happy birthday, Clarissa Fray" -Jace (pg312)
• ". . . Although I doubt most Shadowhunters get a tattoo of Donatello from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on their left shoulder." -Clary (pg314)
• Jace's smile was as bland as buttered toast. "Go on, go after him. Pat his head and tell him he's still your super special little guy. . . " (pg21 cool
• "You want to know what else it was my mom said about you?" he asked. "She said you'd break my heart," -Simon (pg321)
• "Seeing through glamor is easy. It's people that are hard." -Clary (pg341)

City of Ashes :
• He (Simon) was wearing a black T-shirt that said I BLOGGED YOUR MOM. (pg14)
• "A werewolf," said the girl (Maia) "Like everyone else here. Except you, and the a*****e, and the a*****e's sister." (pg50)
• "He's quoting Dungeons and Dragons," said Clary. (pg141)
• "Sure," said Magnus. "And Madonna wants me as a backup dancer on her next world tour." (pg145)
• "That you freed a possible criminal by trading away your brother for a warlock who looks like a gay Sonic the Hedgehog and dresses like the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?" Simon inquired. (pg150)
• "Well, I'm not kissing the mundane," said Jace. "I'd rather stay down here and rot."
"Forever?" said Simon. "Forever's an awfully long time."
"I knew it, you want to kiss me, don't you?" (pg171)

aha , its a good thing im not done wit CoA yet xD  

anime4215

6,050 Points
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

O R E O Bandit x3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:34 pm
Edit: Haha successi got the quote from City of Glass pg.447:
""You have a smart mouth. You didn't learn that from Valentine. What did you learn from him? It doesn't seem to me that he taught you much about fighting, either." He leaned in closer." You know what he gave me for my ninth birthday? A lesson. He taught me there's a place on a man's back where, if you sink a blade in, you can pierce his heart and sever his spine, all at once. What did you get for your ninth birthday, little angel boy? A cookie? -Sebastian"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:00 pm
Okay here they are in little thumbnail format, cause I couldn't find them any other way and I thought you all might like it like that.

User Image User Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Oh these are all from City of Glass I loved them and as an added bonus you can put them in your signatures. I left out a few because I have seen them a few times.  

ElletNah_Sword

Poetic Glance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:23 am
All the quotes I wanted to post have been posted already. xD  
Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items