Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The L Guild Forum
what were your thoughts on Near when you first saw him???? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TykiMikk_Tease_Pleasure

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:54 pm
Hahaha.
iDid not get pissed off at Near.
iAlways thought that he was sooo adorable ! whee 4laugh
After L's death.. it was not very surprising that he would be replaced..
and iPrefer Near than mello.
Near is like L's mini-me. xp
But...
Near can NEVER, EVER replace L !! heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:42 pm
at first i was like NO! nobody can replace L, so i hated near and especially mello for like the rest of the series but now that im rereading the series i dont really care for them but am still super sad/pissed that L died and they are trying to replace him.  

moonlight_thief_dark

hi5201

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:59 am
moonlight_thief_dark
at first i was like NO! nobody can replace L, so i hated near and especially mello for like the rest of the series but now that im rereading the series i dont really care for them but am still super sad/pissed that L died and they are trying to replace him.

User Image

same.....not kewl at all

Life is so hard.
Embrace all that hardness and live ur life.
Things aren't wut they seem.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:52 pm
When I first saw him I have to admit...I was like aww he's so adorable
But of course L is the best and shall never be replaced.Ever. heart
mrgreen  

Comrade Kidd

4,950 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

- Kadajs Kat -

3,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:17 pm
L wannabe. That's what Near is and he made me really mad too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:20 pm
Yukito_RamenLuver
L wannabe. That's what Near is and he made me really mad too.

yeah. That's what I thought too.
And I still don't like Near...
I love Mello though 3nodding

xl mokona lx

lime_green_ninjas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:01 pm
I was like WTF? L come back to life pleeeeeeez!! crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:19 pm
Near annoyed me at first. He's too smug in my opinion. stressed He seems like he thinks he's better than everyone (mostly Kira of course) while L saw Kira as an equal rival. Of course this is just my opinion so don't bash me xp  

DarkfirePyro611

sambart

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:02 am
Hmm it's a bit fuzzy but I remember thinking yay when I found out he was L's successor and ovr time I began to love him and now I'm really obsessed with him cus he's awesome smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:13 am
My emotions were conflicted.
I thought he looked adorable and for that I liked him.
I thought he was too old for toys and for that i was slightly creeped out by him (got over it).
I thought his English voice was awful and for that i stayed strictly on the manga and Japanese anime for the majority of the episodes with him in it.
I thought at first he would just be some pathetic excuse for a replacement to L and for that I felt a little betrayed by the creator.
But in the end, i came to love him and the rest of the Whammy characters as if they had been there almost all along, and as L alluded(sp?) a couple of times before he *sniffs* passed on, they really were...
*bursts into tears in mourning of L* blast you, character faults!!!!

So, anyway, regardless of my initial reaction to Near, in the end i thought he turned into anoother great character. And i loved him in that extra oneshot manga after the series ended! /(^_^)  

BlackBleedingRoses539

3,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Grotesque Panties

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:22 pm
when i first saw near i was like, " OMFG IT'S L IN DISGUISE!!!" scream so i kinda didnt like him, but then i gradually grew onto him. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:03 pm
i hated him from the start and wtf i hated that he didnt die but i did like mello he was alot better then near..............................go to hell kira im glad you died L should have lived  

metalfist13

Kon Tatsumaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:17 pm
For me, every character took time getting to know, except perhaps Ryuk. In Volume 1 and half of Volume 2, L's lovable persona, along with his mannerisms, are not revealed. At that point, it was very hard to feel one way or another about him, plus you can't help but be rooting for Light at the time, so you're like "Who's this a*****e?" Near was the same way, except I never really got around to liking him. And Mello......his hair was too neat. At least at first.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:25 pm
I like Near,un. He is the cutest albino I have ever seen and he is a good detective. His methods are scary, though. Like with his puzzles, he guesses and at the last minute, everything works out or completely falls apart,un. As everyone else said, nobody can replace L, but Near is still cool. Then one time, he snapped Optimus Prime's head off! I said, " OH HE** NO! YOU DID NOT JUST KILL THE LEADER OF THE TRANSFORMERS! NOW THE DECEPTICONS WILL SURELY TAKE OVER THE WORLD! NOOO!" For Mello, the first thing I thought of was that guy from Spongebob who kept chasing him and Patrick for chocolate in that one episode,un. Hilarious.

*Did you say..., CHOCOLATE?!*  

gymnastg1234567890_

rosie1995

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:01 am
My first thoughts when I saw Near were, "Why is a chick replacing L?"
I was really pissed off at Near... no one can replace L... I probably would have been pissed at Mello if he took L's place too.  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff